Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1069 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 26, 2010, 13:27 Hyatus

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 12:53:
Auto-aim is a joke indeed.

But mouse/keyboard is not the only way to accurately control a game anymore. If pointing devices like the Wiimote get accurate enough then there's no reason that console games won't storm full-bore into the "hardcore" FPS and RTS genres.

The first generation of motion pointers is still a little rough for that, but the second or third generation? Maybe not so much.

The problem with motion pointers is that my arms get tired after awhile. There's not really a way to fix that.

No, the best thing would be a brain implant that knows what you are thinking. Until then, k+m for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide
9. Re: Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide Jul 24, 2010, 16:27 Hyatus

Seems ridiculous to charge outside the UK. Should be the other way around.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar
21. Re: StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar Jul 23, 2010, 14:23 Hyatus

kxmode wrote on Jul 23, 2010, 12:20:
Hyatus wrote on Jul 23, 2010, 12:16:
another stupid MMO

How long have you been a hater?

When I realized that the buttons I click are better than the buttons the WoW players click. :p

Seriously, though. I started hating MMOs when my buddy invited me over to watch him play EQ. His character spent half the time sitting. It only snowballed from there when tons of development studios started changing their tune from the old classics and decided to try this new MMO pop music.

News Comments > StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar
9. Re: StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar Jul 23, 2010, 12:16 Hyatus

So, they spent over $100 million on WoW. WoW opened in 2004(november, almost 6 years ago). Let's assume the game has had 5 million monthly subscribers(has been more(11 million with China), has been less(when it started)) who all pay for 6 months at a time($12.99/month). That's $64.95 million a month times 12 months times 6 years.

Minus the $100 million for development and not even including what they've made on box sales, that leaves:

$4,576,400,000

4 and a half billion dollars.

It's no wonder all the good gaming companies want to make another stupid MMO and Activision Blizzard wants pay to play on everything.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints?
4. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Hints? Jul 22, 2010, 11:53 Hyatus

I could care less if they bring it out on an Atari 2600. Finish the fucking storyline without leaving me hanging for 3 years.

Only book authors should be allowed to do that and even that pisses me off(damn you George RR Martin).

News Comments > A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced
6. Re: A Game of Thrones: Genesis Announced Jul 16, 2010, 17:03 Hyatus

I hope Martin doesn't have a hand in this. We won't see it for ten years.  

News Comments > James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced
9. Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced Jul 16, 2010, 16:57 Hyatus

Note to Activision: Posting pics of a homely girl doesn't make me want to play your game.

Speak for yourself. I would tap that in a heartbeat. Plus, she has a kickin' singing voice. Though, I liked her a little better with some more meat on her bones.

4. Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced Jul 16, 2010, 12:12 Hyatus

It would appear she has both a nasal AND a navel piercing, although she could just have a ridiculously large "outie" belly button...or she's a thin pregnant woman.  

2. Re: James Bond 007: Blood Stone Announced Jul 16, 2010, 11:49 Hyatus

Yeah, well, Bond isn't supposed to be non-stop action, either, but look at the last twenty years of Bond films.  

News Comments > Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2
13. Re: Schafer versus Kotick, Round 2 Jul 15, 2010, 00:08 Hyatus

"Bobby has always been passionate about games, and loves the video game industry. But as CEO of a company that makes games enjoyed by millions of people worldwide, the demands on his time now make it difficult to play games as often as he'd like to or as much as he once did."

So what she is saying is that a guy who runs a VIDEO GAME COMPANY doesn't spend time playing VIDEO GAMES? Good choice for running a company. Do you think the head of a movie studio doesn't watch movies? Ridiculous.

News Comments > Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick
17. Re: Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick Jul 14, 2010, 13:44 Hyatus

kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 12:36:
TangoBaker wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 12:31:
Can we all just agree to spell his name as Bobby Kodick? Did you see what I did there? Brilliant! I think.

I suggest Bobby Kotex.

WARNING * MATURITY LEVEL FALLING RAPIDLY * WARNING

It only falls to zero when someone invokes Godwin's law. Wink

"go to an industry that makes more money. Ball bearings… something that suits his passions more. Weapons manufacturing?"

You know who else was involved in Weapons manufacturing?

News Comments > Korean Law Behind Real ID Changes?
4. Re: Korean Law Behind Real ID Changes? Jul 8, 2010, 18:39 Hyatus

Word us:

Word.

News Comments > Irrational Guessing Game
12. Re: Irrational Guessing Game Jul 7, 2010, 23:15 Hyatus

Obviously they are doing this because... well, it's not very clear why.

Well, the name of the company isn't Sensible Games.

News Comments > Dragon Age Sale
6. Re: Dragon Age Sale Jun 21, 2010, 13:53 Hyatus

Just started playing this. Wow is it awesome. It's too bad they couldn't remake the Baldur's Gate series with this engine. I'd play it(again) in a heartbeat.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2010, 18:25 Hyatus

Droid 2 has it.  

News Comments > Virgin Goes Game Gambling
3. Re: Virgin Goes Game Gambling Jun 15, 2010, 13:14 Hyatus

Well, if you have to play to gamble, who cares?
If someone just threw a game and I just made money because I beat them, I could care less about the outside betting. Assuming it would be a matched bet, of course.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
13. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 13:30 Hyatus

Less funny.
More fake business/technical jargon.

Talk about synergies. SYNERGIES!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 7, 2010, 11:58 Hyatus

Goddamnit. I thought it was an announcement for a Marvel X-Factor game. Marvel should get on pushing out new awesome games.  

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
38. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 5, 2010, 21:54 Hyatus

I don't have games in my main budget anymore. I'll buy the occasional sub-$7.50 game on Steam and the occasional sub-$15 console game at a used game store, but that's what I can do.

Growing up sucks because you have to pay for things that are more important than video games. But hey. Once my kid(s) is(are) out of college(20 years from now) and if my wife will let me, sure, I'll buy it. I guess if I had more time to play the games now I'd spend more on them, but I only get a couple of hours a week at best for me-time.

I do miss it.

News Comments > DigitalMindSoft Steamed at Steam
26. Re: DigitalMindSoft Steamed at Steam Jun 4, 2010, 23:11 Hyatus

LOL, are you implying that Valve patches games based on how well they sell?

I think the idea is that they probably process patches on popular games that make them lots of money before going back to support the lower-end games. Sucks, but I understand.

1069 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo