Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1067 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2010, 11:57 Hyatus

Doesn't even call the next day...

Much lolz were had at that one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2010, 12:02 Hyatus

One way or another people will find ways to crash their cars. It doesn't even require a cell phone. The roads are dangerous as long as they are prone to human(and in some cases, animal) error.  

News Comments > Oblivion Film TM
7. Re: Oblivion Film TM Sep 13, 2010, 11:44 Hyatus

I don't get how they can do this.
If you look on imdb there are a ton of movies with that title.

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
56. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 9, 2010, 18:43 Hyatus

Outright bans never work. They can always find a new username. You should just give everyone a master ignore list that you can't override so the person being "banned" doesn't usually know they are being banned. Then they will leave when nobody responds to them after awhile.  

41. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 19:17 Hyatus

Blue wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 18:58
That's where these arguments lose me, when people play the
"The forefathers probably never really meant for freedom of [blank:

to mean [blank]." The bill of rights does not equivocate, and it seems pretty obvious that they spent a fair bit of time working on its wording. I'll reluctantly agree that we should obey the "it's not your right to yell fire in a crowded movie house" argument, but a puritanical approach to interpreting our rights irks me.

Well, we have to consider the forefathers and the era they lived in when we look back on the writings. We will never really know what they thought unless we can rig up a time-travelling Delorian. They were lawyers and politicians who lived in war-time. When you've got people with guns shooting at you, the last thing you will be thinking is how it would be nice if you could paint the roses red...unless you already did so and are being shot because the roses are painted.

I don't remember there being a "slaves are not considered property" sentence in the bill of rights. It's not like they were the most compassionate people ever. And yeah, I'm aware slaves are the Godwin's Law of discussion about old America.

37. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 18:22 Hyatus

Blue wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 16:06:
Care to educate us on what freedom used to mean?

I'll bite.
While we take freedom as a means of absolute expression(both good and bad) the forefathers probably never really meant for freedom of speech to mean we could make fart jokes willy-nilly. My assumption is that the freedom of speech part was concerned more with politics and religion than it was with artistic merit.

However, I am totally glad that we can be utterly degenerate. Why the fuck not?

News Comments > AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name
7. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 11:47 Hyatus

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 11:22:
You already own the company, why cause confusion in the marketplace by changing the name everyone knows to one that by their own admission, will make less savvy consumers think they won't work with Intel systems? Really stupid move.

Less savvy consumers don't buy 3d video cards. If they ever do, they'll probably just ask the dude at the store what to get or the teenager down the street.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2010, 11:56 Hyatus

I guess I never really thought about it.

If you suddenly started saying that you liked game A or game B I don't think it would change anything.

It's not like you seem to give any preference to advertised game A or advertised game B and that would be the only thing I'd ever question.

On the flip side of things, if you did start talking about it you might not get news about certain games based on previous negative opinions.

You could, I suppose, do what parents and grandparents always tell you, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" and just talk about what you liked.

But really, whatever. I do enjoy the OotB(when I am not skimming them). It's what adds the Blue to bluesnews.com. We're not all gamers 24/7 despite what Penny Arcade readers may think.

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
28. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 19:50 Hyatus

Surf wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 19:22:
You MUST give an employer 2 weeks notice before you leave.

An employer must give you ZERO notice to be terminated.

I have NEVER followed the above rule and even sued a company for slander since I left them for a competitor. Fuck em. Mercenary worker I am, and I will have ZERO loyalty to any company ever!

What do you mean "must"?
I think it's more of a courtesy. In my state we are at-will employment on either side.

The difference is that for a business, if they keep you on they are liable for you and if you screw up a lot, they are liable for more screw ups.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Revealed
23. Re: BioShock: Infinite Revealed Aug 12, 2010, 16:58 Hyatus

This is what all this bullshit is about?
Another fucking Bioshock game?

Where is the next Freedom Force, goddamnit?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2010, 21:09 Hyatus

It's fake.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 10, 2010, 00:25 Hyatus

If you don't want to update a game before you play, turn your internet off before you start the game.

Otherwise it will look for a patch upon startup.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2010, 11:55 Hyatus

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 6, 2010, 11:03:
Now, should videotaping be illegal? I guess I really don't care. I am on video everytime I step out of my car. Doesn't bother me one bit. I conduct myself the same way, on tape or not. I will leave it up to the individual states to decide.

Isn't the law supposed to be that it's illegal to record if the person being taped doesn't believe they are being taped?

If every officer is under the impression that they are already being taped, then the law wouldn't apply, right? I'm sure it depends on the state, of course, but I believe they're all mostly the same.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2010, 17:48 Hyatus

Wow. I have been skimming the ol' OOTB for awhile and totally missed this. Apparently skimming meant "didn't really read at all".

Sorry, dude.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City Announced
12. Re: Batman: Arkham City Announced Aug 5, 2010, 14:07 Hyatus

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2010, 13:25:
Fall 2011, wtf? Why so long? It should have been out this fall!

Should be out today, goddamnit!

News Comments > Irrational Announcement Next Week
14. Re: Irrational Announcement Next Week Aug 3, 2010, 08:19 Hyatus

I'm still holding out for the next freaking Freedom Force.
I know they own that IP.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2010, 12:05 Hyatus

I call bullshit.
Doesn't Modern Warfare have a key or something that probably makes it impossible for people without registered copies to play online?
How the hell could he know how many people are playing it?

News Comments > Capcom Profits Plummet
3. Re: Capcom Profits Plummet Jul 29, 2010, 12:13 Hyatus

InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 10:55:
I love this sentence though:
"when most sales were made of repeat titles, resulting in when most sales were made of repeat titles, resulting in higher game development costs."

You know Blue added that as a joke, right?

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 26, 2010, 13:27 Hyatus

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 12:53:
Auto-aim is a joke indeed.

But mouse/keyboard is not the only way to accurately control a game anymore. If pointing devices like the Wiimote get accurate enough then there's no reason that console games won't storm full-bore into the "hardcore" FPS and RTS genres.

The first generation of motion pointers is still a little rough for that, but the second or third generation? Maybe not so much.

The problem with motion pointers is that my arms get tired after awhile. There's not really a way to fix that.

No, the best thing would be a brain implant that knows what you are thinking. Until then, k+m for me.

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide
9. Re: Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide Jul 24, 2010, 16:27 Hyatus

Seems ridiculous to charge outside the UK. Should be the other way around.  

1067 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo