Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1086 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2010, 12:56 Hyatus

Stanly Manly wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 12:09:
I know that if I was making $1billion a year off my game, I'd keep doing what I was doing and take my own counsel.

The problem is that Activision/Blizzard is not a privately held company. Shareholders want cash and that usually means if the CEO wants to keep their job they need to find ways to make the company more money.

They will most likely test the waters with a F2P version of the game on a handful of new servers to see how it does and probably keep the existing servers running their current business model. It lets the customers choose how they want to do things and will inevitably decide which is more profitable. Besides, dedicated WoW players(at least the ones I know) are all about imaginary status symbols and would probably love microtransactions to boost their stats or make their "toons"(god I hate that terminology...is all the jargon made up by 5 year olds?) look cooler.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > OnLive Claims Cloud Gaming Patent
2. Re: OnLive Claims Cloud Gaming Patent Dec 14, 2010, 15:14 Hyatus

In a perfect world the US patent office would know what the f they were doing when they grant technology patents based on general ideas. Patents should only be for the very specific physical mechanics of a device and not for things like uses of software.

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
27. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 10, 2010, 19:01 Hyatus

as I am imagining how jail niggah Bubbah is asking this little dipshit to pick up the soap

I always figured Bubbah to be a backwoods redneck who is so filled with rage that he's in jail for killing thirty men with his bare hands for just looking at his sismowi(that's sister/mother/wife) and crazed for action in such a way as to take any fresh meat's luvin' he can get.

I guess he could be black. I suppose I'm being racist.

In any case, can't they just ban his ip or something?

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
13. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 10, 2010, 16:39 Hyatus

Well, it's the UK and I have no idea how similar the laws are there to the US. Copying files here is copyright infringement. That's seperate from the EULA which tells you how you can use the software.

Honestly though, who gives a shit?
It's a video game.
This is like suing the guy who talks on his cellphone while you're watching a movie. He may be an ass, but he doesn't deserve to go to court over it(some people will probably disagree).

News Comments > Evil Genius Web Game
2. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 13:22 Hyatus

That game is pretty fun. It needs a supervillain version sequel.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2010, 11:58 Hyatus

It's especially difficult in role-playing games, where you wait as you choose a line of dialogue from a conversation tree.

Yeah, maybe if you only read as fast as a 5 year-old.

News Comments > Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed?
7. Re: Diablo III Date? New Blizzard Game Revealed? Dec 1, 2010, 11:55 Hyatus

Wookiestick wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 11:48:
However I really doubt Diablo 3 will ship in April. I'd be surprised if it was even out by late summer.

No. It says the schedule was current as of April. The schedule is for Diablo III to come out in the 4th quarter.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 24, 2010, 14:36 Hyatus

And BTW. PS3 Blu-Ray discs are awesome. I don't have a single scratch on any of my PS3 games which is important because I have a three year-old. Microsoft should've worked out a new coating for their discs. My 360 discs are loaded with scratches when I buy them(which is why I stopped buying 360 games).  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 24, 2010, 14:34 Hyatus

The only time I shop at Gamestop these days is when they have a B2G1 sale. Even then I'm hard pressed to find a good deal.

With few exceptions I buy completely used. I don't have enough time in my day to play the games I want to play so they aren't worth it to me at $60. And besides, I play more PC games than console. I don't think I paid more than $15 for a title on Steam. Valve needs to make a console. Installing games on demand would be tits for a console(with unlimited downloads...screw PSN's 5 d/l limit and I sure as hell am not paying monthly for XBL).

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 18, 2010, 21:17 Hyatus

I finished seaman, too.
Though, I changed the date/time on my console constantly.

Weird friggin' game. Someday I'll make my kid play it. Heh, cheaper than a pet.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 12, 2010, 23:13 Hyatus

What a ridiculous article. They apparently wrote this for people who live in crack dens as several of their points refer to people breaking into your home at night and stealing your stuff.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 12, 2010, 23:07 Hyatus

$80? I was around then, too, but I don't remember them being that high. You talking Canadian dollars or something?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 1, 2010, 11:36 Hyatus

I love TF2, but as often as it's on the Top 10 list for Steam, doesn't everyone and their mother own a copy yet?  

News Comments > Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights
8. Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights Oct 22, 2010, 13:50 Hyatus

In fact they built a city around a nuclear bomb they thought was dormant. Wink

*SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER for FALLOUT 3*

Am I the only person in the world who kept Megaton intact? Did everyone play the villain in this game? sheesh.

*END SPOILER*

News Comments > Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights
7. Re: Bethesda Passed on Fallout MMOG Rights Oct 22, 2010, 13:46 Hyatus

I don't know. They are supposed to launch, if I remember the agreement right, by April of 2011. I somehow doubt they are that far along. And really, if they do launch by then it will be a rushed product.

Fallout was a dead franchise that was resurrected by Bethesda. I do love the original two Fallout games, but the only thing that has made the IP worth anywhere near $50 million at this point is Fallout 3.

Keep in mind that the Caens did not have anything to do with the original Fallout series. They did have everything to do with Titus Software, though(Superman 64 ring a bell?).

News Comments > The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com
26. Re: The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com Oct 14, 2010, 13:27 Hyatus

Was it ToEE that deleted your c drive on uninstallation or PoR?
One of them had a bug, if I remember correctly, where if you didn't install it in the default directory it would wipe your drive.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Oct 13, 2010, 18:48 Hyatus

While definitely pretty linear, I kinda liked Ultima 8.  

News Comments > Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M
21. Re: Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M Oct 7, 2010, 13:52 Hyatus

I would believe it.

I think at the end of the day there are people who can do things and people who can run things. George Broussard is probably more of the former and less of the latter.

From the little snippets I've heard it sounds like they tried to keep a fun workplace. Unfortunately there's time for fun and time for work and you need to be able to enforce the balance.

News Comments > Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com
15. Re: Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com Oct 6, 2010, 16:45 Hyatus

Icewind Dale was alright, but Baldur's Gate was 10x better. Icewind Dale was more combat-oriented and had less story elements. At least the combat was hella-fun.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2010, 11:57 Hyatus

Doesn't even call the next day...

Much lolz were had at that one.

1086 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo