Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1080 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 20, 2011, 12:02 Hyatus

That was pretty much the final point of the editorial.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed
29. Re: Cross Platform Portal 2 Confirmed Jan 18, 2011, 14:17 Hyatus

Cross Platform Portal 2?

This is a triumph.

News Comments > UK Bestsellers
6. Re: UK Bestsellers Jan 10, 2011, 17:36 Hyatus

The game starts with a kick-off. That would be kicking a ball...you know, with your foot. Matter of fact, there's quite a bit of kicking involved. Maybe we're just biased against watching giant, monstrous hulks play sports over twiggy athletes that makes us believe our football is better than the rest of the world's football. I dunno.

I suppose I should mention that I'm anxiously awaiting the Ducks vs Tigers game today. I don't mean anything by this conversation. Just filling in my time.

4. Re: UK Bestsellers Jan 10, 2011, 12:06 Hyatus

Techie714 wrote on Jan 10, 2011, 11:24:
[...]
My point being is that you always see the UK focusing on more intellectual type games compared to the U.S. Over here it is all about the non thinking, simple button mash games......Call me crazy...

I think that having WoW and Sims 3 on the list somewhat invalidates your argument.

I agree that most of the blockbusters here in the US are action-themed games, but they have their own strategies as well(God of War-esque action titles excluded). I think it's more fun to play with people who think on their feet than it is to sit back and have all the time in the world to ponder a move.

1. Re: UK Bestsellers Jan 10, 2011, 11:08 Hyatus

1. Football Soccer Manager 2011
2. Football Soccer Manager 2010
3. The Sims 3
4. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
5. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

FTFY

News Comments > Banned Games on Steam in Australia
3. Re: Banned Games on Steam in Australia Jan 7, 2011, 15:01 Hyatus

I don't think they were ever available to purchase through Steam.  

News Comments > Banned Games on Steam in Australia
1. Re: Banned Games on Steam in Australia Jan 7, 2011, 13:18 Hyatus

Sucks for Valve and the other companies involved with this. That just means more people are going to pirate the games instead of giving them money. How stupid is Australia's governing body, really?  

News Comments > Marvel Secret Wars Game Plans?
8. Re: Marvel Secret Wars Game Plans? Dec 29, 2010, 02:53 Hyatus

I dunno. I see it as more of a fighting game than an Ultimate Alliance-style one.

The Secret Wars were all about a handful of heroes versus a handful of villains. MUA had a lot of peon fights before you get to the boss fights.

News Comments > Marvel Secret Wars Game Plans?
1. Re: Marvel Secret Wars Game Plans? Dec 28, 2010, 21:27 Hyatus

I'm cool with this as long as we stay out of Secret Wars II territory. Really, who needs to play a game about a god that has a teenager's temper.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2010, 13:32 Hyatus

Yeah, jerks. And where's season 3 of "Who Wants to be a Superhero?"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2010, 12:24 Hyatus

Time-Lapse Shows Natalie Starting Age 10 Years In 86 Seconds.
Ms. Pacman.

I skimmed over that and read the Pacman as Portman and combined the two in my head and swore it said "Time-Lapse Shows Natalie Portman Starting Age 10 Years in 86 Seconds."

News Comments > Portal 2 Trailer
9. Re: Portal 2 Trailer Dec 16, 2010, 17:55 Hyatus

No, it just shows part of the new protagonists being created and that GlaDOS is the child of Alyx Vance and the TF2 Heavy and you win by going back in time and killing either of them before GlaDOS is born, stuff you probably already knew.

But, if I go back in time to kill them doesn't that create a paradox wherein I didn't need to go back in time therefore affecting the future making me still going back in time?

*head explodes*

News Comments > Ender's Game Project Cancelled
25. Re: Ender's Game Project Cancelled Dec 15, 2010, 13:37 Hyatus

Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow are great books. They speak to the idealistic teenager in me.

However, the sequels read like Tom Clancy novels. I am a Clancy fan as well, but I realize it's an action novel with some intrigue. I don't expect to figure out life, the universe and everything by reading them. That doesn't mean they aren't enjoyable.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

In any case, what the hell were they thinking? Ender's game has, at most, three different things that would be considered gaming and none of them are exciting enough to be their own game and they are too different to be included in one.

You've got:

1. The battle school training.
2. The adventure game he breaks.
3. The endgame all homeworld-style.

Past that, if you included the other books you'd have:

4. Hostage situation takedowns.
5. Escaping from place a to place b.

Yawn.

News Comments > OnLive Claims Cloud Gaming Patent
22. Re: OnLive Claims Cloud Gaming Patent Dec 15, 2010, 13:27 Hyatus

Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 11:15:
the war on drugs

Uh... how is this capitalism? Do you know how much money Philip Morris would be making if they could put a weed vending machine on every street corner? Do you know how much money the government would be making if they could tax it?

Big Pharm knows that you can use that stuff to help with medical problems and wants to do everything in its power to try and make sure you can't get your hands on it so you can use their solutions instead.

Your economic views are painfully simplistic. It's like you think we're the way we are because people are evil.

Most people aren't evil. But big corporations are. They answer to one thing and one thing only. The almighty dollar.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2010, 12:56 Hyatus

Stanly Manly wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 12:09:
I know that if I was making $1billion a year off my game, I'd keep doing what I was doing and take my own counsel.

The problem is that Activision/Blizzard is not a privately held company. Shareholders want cash and that usually means if the CEO wants to keep their job they need to find ways to make the company more money.

They will most likely test the waters with a F2P version of the game on a handful of new servers to see how it does and probably keep the existing servers running their current business model. It lets the customers choose how they want to do things and will inevitably decide which is more profitable. Besides, dedicated WoW players(at least the ones I know) are all about imaginary status symbols and would probably love microtransactions to boost their stats or make their "toons"(god I hate that terminology...is all the jargon made up by 5 year olds?) look cooler.

News Comments > OnLive Claims Cloud Gaming Patent
2. Re: OnLive Claims Cloud Gaming Patent Dec 14, 2010, 15:14 Hyatus

In a perfect world the US patent office would know what the f they were doing when they grant technology patents based on general ideas. Patents should only be for the very specific physical mechanics of a device and not for things like uses of software.

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
27. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 10, 2010, 19:01 Hyatus

as I am imagining how jail niggah Bubbah is asking this little dipshit to pick up the soap

I always figured Bubbah to be a backwoods redneck who is so filled with rage that he's in jail for killing thirty men with his bare hands for just looking at his sismowi(that's sister/mother/wife) and crazed for action in such a way as to take any fresh meat's luvin' he can get.

I guess he could be black. I suppose I'm being racist.

In any case, can't they just ban his ip or something?

News Comments > CoD DoS Arrest
13. Re: CoD DoS Arrest Dec 10, 2010, 16:39 Hyatus

Well, it's the UK and I have no idea how similar the laws are there to the US. Copying files here is copyright infringement. That's seperate from the EULA which tells you how you can use the software.

Honestly though, who gives a shit?
It's a video game.
This is like suing the guy who talks on his cellphone while you're watching a movie. He may be an ass, but he doesn't deserve to go to court over it(some people will probably disagree).

News Comments > Evil Genius Web Game
2. Re: Evil Genius Web Game Dec 7, 2010, 13:22 Hyatus

That game is pretty fun. It needs a supervillain version sequel.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2010, 11:58 Hyatus

It's especially difficult in role-playing games, where you wait as you choose a line of dialogue from a conversation tree.

Yeah, maybe if you only read as fast as a 5 year-old.

1080 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo