Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1085 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
41. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 17:28 Hyatus

WaltC wrote on May 16, 2011, 17:00:
I play games for the fun factor--if want lessons in politically correct sexual etiquette circa ~2011 I will certainly look elsewhere. Stay out of my games! Thanks.

Having gay characters doesn't make it politically correct, it makes it realistic. There are gay folks in the world. There are gay folks who play video games.

I hope I'm being trolled.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 16:32 Hyatus

GayBlade wrote on May 16, 2011, 16:11:
For all the straight guys out there who ever got turned on in a video game, I hope you will understand that those of us who bat for the other team want some of that too

You play for the Mets?

9. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 13:13 Hyatus

Good for Bioware. Games are pretty far behind the times when it comes to this.  

News Comments > etc.
1. How to become a game collector (part 1)- Getting started… May 12, 2011, 13:29 Hyatus

Step 1: Uhm...buy games.
Step 2: Keep them.

That's it. You are now a game collector.

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
13. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 13:28 Hyatus

Sho:

Or maybe we're just Beatles fans who can't believe that anyone would compare themselves to arguably one of the greatest and most influential bands of all time.

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
4. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 11:53 Hyatus

So, Duke Nukem is bigger than Jesus?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2011, 11:54 Hyatus

I can't wait until 3d printers are cheap for consumers. Mostly, I think I'd try and recreate all of my old toys for my grandkids.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2011, 12:41 Hyatus

One of the ads is killing the vertical scroll bar in IE8. Works fine in Chrome. Might be the "box cloud file-sharing" that appears on the right hand side as it didn't happen on this page which doesn't have that ad, but does have the upper box ad.

Oh, and get well MrsBlue.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2011, 17:59 Hyatus

There is no dark side of the moon, really. Matter of fact, it's all dark.  

13. Re: Forward on the March of Progress! 7-11 Unveils the Dual Chambered Slurpee. Apr 22, 2011, 18:48 Hyatus

Fibrocyte wrote on Apr 22, 2011, 17:25:
Hyatus wrote on Apr 22, 2011, 13:20:
/if only I would have patented it. I could have made hundreds off of these.

Your grasp on innovation is certainly stronger than your grasp on economics.

This was meant as a joke.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2011, 16:01 Hyatus

How could you tell anyways?
Most of the Japanese girls I've seen in "the biz" look 15 until they reach at least their mid-30s.

5. Forward on the March of Progress! 7-11 Unveils the Dual Chambered Slurpee. Apr 22, 2011, 13:20 Hyatus

They've done a multi-chambered Slurpee before(though, I think without the adjustable valve straw).

Not to toot my own horn here, but back in the 4th Grade I turned a water bottle into a 4-chamber drinking cup of awesome. Science fair, bitches. While all the other kids were making volcanoes, I was innovating up in this his-ouse.

/if only I would have patented it. I could have made hundreds off of these.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2011, 14:36 Hyatus

Wife and I just started the game last night and are enjoying it. It's been awhile since we had a co-op game we could play in front of the kid(soon to be plural O.O). Every other game out there, even if you turn off the gore, still has guns and shooting so that's a no-go for our soon-to-be 4 year old. I can't wait til the gun ban is lifted. She won't even let me play Contra with him, which is probably fine since we're still working on SMB1 level 1-2. He's getting there, though.

The 11+gig download was a bit much, but it finally got there after 5 or 6 hours. I have a low-end graphics card in my rig right now and it plays fine split-screen at 720p with everything except AA enabled. 1080p would be nice but with a baby on the way we're kind of, well, broke(I got Portal 2 for $20 before anyone asks).

I can't wait until tonight to play some more.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
61. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 14:21 Hyatus

Hello? PC? Mouse and keyboard. I don't need no stinking controller.

You do if you're playing split screen.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
9. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 11:52 Hyatus

Short running time aside, these all seem like ridiculous things to complain about.

I do wish Valve spent more time on creating levels than dress-up items. Frankly, I don't care if my robot has a cute hat and matching purse. If it doesn't have enough places to show it off then what's the point?

News Comments > ESRB Changes
7. Re: ESRB Changes Apr 18, 2011, 16:47 Hyatus

Better yet, why not just trust that the developers and publishers aren't going to let little Timmy's avatar dress himself in entrails and rape kittens? They could just put an ESRB-style stamp on the box telling you exactly what's going in it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Apr 14, 2011, 13:41 Hyatus

Beamer wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 13:09:
That's not the way anything works. Ever.
It's called becoming the boss.

I have way more free money than free time. [...] I'm looking more ahead at getting a new M3 or the AMG C-Class coupe coming up. So I need my job in order to get either of those. I also want to be able to buy a really nice apartment, I never want to lose the ability to leave the country for a weekend whenever I feel like it, and I'll want to send kids to college eventually. All of those things require I keep seeking jobs that pay more and more. And none of them are impacted by blowing $50 or $60 for a few hours of fun from time to time.

And how much are you making?
Nobody I know right now can buy a nice apartment, a new car and still believe they can send their kids to college while considering a $60 game a sound idea.(well, except the doctor my wife works for)

Looking at all of those expenses on the horizon, I wouldn't look at my wallet and call what's in there "free money".

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2011, 12:20 Hyatus

and I think for the most part she probably enjoyed himself.

Is your dog pre-op or tranny?(Blue collar?)

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Apr 14, 2011, 12:16 Hyatus

And unlike when they were younger, they now have more money than free time.
"They've got jobs, families, kids to take care of.

LOL
With kids to take care of you don't have any extra money. These folks must be making over $30 an hour. If everyone had more money than free time, they'd work less and have the time to be able to play these games.

News Comments > Garry's Mod vs Pirates
21. Re: Garry's Mod vs Pirates Apr 13, 2011, 16:29 Hyatus

Keep in mind, too, some of us get sick of the drm(like requiring the disc to be in the drive) and find cracks to fix our legit purchases.

Besides, eventually the crackers(not the racial slur) release a version that fixes these problems. As soon as they're known(which they need to be or people will think your game is buggy), there will be a crack to "fix" it.

The answer is that some people will pirate, some people will buy, some people will do both. In the battle of DRM, the pirates will always win. Stop catering to the shareholders and start catering to the people who give the shareholders their money. Everyone will be happy.

1085 Comments. 55 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo