Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1077 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 22:49 Hyatus

Lorcin wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 20:52:
*edit* got to add a big reason for renting was the fact I have a 3d TV. My PC is hooked to the TV but unfortunately ATI are still living in the dark ages and won't pump out stereoscopic.

Have you tried iz3d?

I don't have a 3dtv(yet) but I can get the old anaglyph (red/blue) glasses working with it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2011, 12:07 Hyatus

Happy Birthday, Blue ol' chap!  

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
6. Re: GOG.com: Nov 11, 2011, 12:09 Hyatus

ElectricTurtle wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 10:46:
[...] if they convince others to drop DRM then they are creating competition for themselves. Right now they have almost a monopoly on DRM-free games, they should (by business logic) be working to protect that, not spread it.[...]

They also need to draw in products they don't have. If a company decides they don't want to have DRM-free versions of their games in the marketplace, that's revenue GOG can't pull from.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 10, 2011, 21:46 Hyatus

Wow. I was going to be like, "Sad, as I used to use those drivers long ago for my banshee."

Then I was all, "wow...that was totally and completely depressing. I hope he doesn't end up living in his car." T.T

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
23. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 16:22 Hyatus

I would rather play 100 hours of Pokemon than 1 hour of WoW.  

News Comments > MineCon 2011 Sold Out
9. Re: MineCon 2011 Sold Out Oct 29, 2011, 13:18 Hyatus

So, 4500 tickets at $99/per = $445,500.

Damn. I mean, I realize there's lots of stuff that takes away from that figure, but let's assume that in the end the guy made at least $100,000 from this convention. Brilliant.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2011, 17:21 Hyatus

...Why can't you just create a fake gmail account for spam?  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Celebrate a Decade of Windows XP by Moving to Windows 7. Oct 23, 2011, 15:10 Hyatus

That's funny. Not only did that guy apparently never touch a computer before XP(there were streaming services available before its release, not to mention he thinks many people didn't have internet before it came out), he seems to think that the things he does on Windows 7 can't be done on XP.

Not being familiar with MS personnel, is this guy a PR person or something close to that?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. EA Announces the Return of NFL Blitz Oct 20, 2011, 11:12 Hyatus

Awesome. I loved the more arcade-y aspect of Blitz over Madden. I'd rather just jump into a fun football game than agonize over stats and spend hours perfecting every little thing.

The only football game I enjoyed more than Blitz was Super High Impact.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2011, 01:03 Hyatus

You've got your big Gs...I've got my hash pipe.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2011, 14:57 Hyatus

Cutter wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 13:11:
Well, you know what Spinal Tap has to say about that!

Working on a sex farm?

News Comments > The Sims 3 Demo in a Browser
5. Re: The Sims 3 Demo in a Browser Sep 29, 2011, 23:04 Hyatus

You’ll get to play 20 minutes of some of the best content The Sims have to offer

Yup. Sounds about right.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2011, 02:14 Hyatus

I'm fine with the way it is. We fear change. However, you can always go back and change it if it sucks.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2011, 11:21 Hyatus

The wife and I started it not long ago. We're almost through season 2. It's something we can watch with the kids. Also, for extra fun, yell at Wesley Crusher for being an idiot(or whatever comes to mind) whenever he speaks. Not that I don't like Wil Wheaton. It just makes the show interactive.  

News Comments > Team Fortress Turns 15
25. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 17:28 Hyatus

I loved blowing the tunnel up into the yard of Rock with the detpacks...so satisfying.  

News Comments > Team Fortress Turns 15
7. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 02:39 Hyatus

Well, there's this.

Or, I made as close as I could a recreation of the map without any plugins...which has apparently been deleted...well, I shall find my copy somewhere and reupload it.

12. Zappers Aug 23, 2011, 16:07 Hyatus

These pictures are fail with the ugly orange zappers.
It should be redone with the proper gray zappers.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2011, 16:14 Hyatus

Having my employment terminated recently from a Verizon Wireless retailer(thank god), keep in mind that 4g coverage with Verizon Wireless right now is very limited. Also, it's too bad you've upgraded. I had a customer get an unlimited data plan from them with a Mifi 2200 recently. Just talk up the Verizon Wireless food chain. They really can do anything if you get the right supervisor. It may require you to call back a couple of times, but sometimes it's worth it.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2011, 21:50 Hyatus

*Puts on devil's advocate hat*

All Marvel is trying to do is make comics from both sides collectible again. They release rare covers and make the DC comics worth more to buy since there will be less of those.

News Comments > On Steam and Direct3D
14. Re: On Steam and Direct3D Jul 31, 2011, 16:43 Hyatus

D3DX is a library of helper functions that is neither backwards nor forwards-compatible by itself, unlike the DX interfaces.

The DirectX redists "should" include all of the d3dx dlls you need, but every time the interface is updated, they need to include the new version.

Also, due to the DX EULA you can't just include the DLL in your basic installer. It can only be in the redist.

1077 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo