Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1067 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2011, 14:57 Hyatus

Cutter wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 13:11:
Well, you know what Spinal Tap has to say about that!

Working on a sex farm?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Sims 3 Demo in a Browser
5. Re: The Sims 3 Demo in a Browser Sep 29, 2011, 23:04 Hyatus

You’ll get to play 20 minutes of some of the best content The Sims have to offer

Yup. Sounds about right.

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2011, 02:14 Hyatus

I'm fine with the way it is. We fear change. However, you can always go back and change it if it sucks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2011, 11:21 Hyatus

The wife and I started it not long ago. We're almost through season 2. It's something we can watch with the kids. Also, for extra fun, yell at Wesley Crusher for being an idiot(or whatever comes to mind) whenever he speaks. Not that I don't like Wil Wheaton. It just makes the show interactive.  

News Comments > Team Fortress Turns 15
25. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 17:28 Hyatus

I loved blowing the tunnel up into the yard of Rock with the detpacks...so satisfying.  

News Comments > Team Fortress Turns 15
7. Re: Team Fortress Turns 15 Aug 25, 2011, 02:39 Hyatus

Well, there's this.

Or, I made as close as I could a recreation of the map without any plugins...which has apparently been deleted...well, I shall find my copy somewhere and reupload it.

12. Zappers Aug 23, 2011, 16:07 Hyatus

These pictures are fail with the ugly orange zappers.
It should be redone with the proper gray zappers.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2011, 16:14 Hyatus

Having my employment terminated recently from a Verizon Wireless retailer(thank god), keep in mind that 4g coverage with Verizon Wireless right now is very limited. Also, it's too bad you've upgraded. I had a customer get an unlimited data plan from them with a Mifi 2200 recently. Just talk up the Verizon Wireless food chain. They really can do anything if you get the right supervisor. It may require you to call back a couple of times, but sometimes it's worth it.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2011, 21:50 Hyatus

*Puts on devil's advocate hat*

All Marvel is trying to do is make comics from both sides collectible again. They release rare covers and make the DC comics worth more to buy since there will be less of those.

News Comments > On Steam and Direct3D
14. Re: On Steam and Direct3D Jul 31, 2011, 16:43 Hyatus

D3DX is a library of helper functions that is neither backwards nor forwards-compatible by itself, unlike the DX interfaces.

The DirectX redists "should" include all of the d3dx dlls you need, but every time the interface is updated, they need to include the new version.

Also, due to the DX EULA you can't just include the DLL in your basic installer. It can only be in the redist.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 00:25 Hyatus

Wow. Netflix is stupid. Two price hikes in less than a year? I'll be cancelling my subscription as soon as this goes into effect. This is what happens when companies become greedy for more profit. It will bite them in the ass. It's only too bad that they couldn't have done this before they drove most of Blockbuster out of business.  

News Comments > Quotable - Trip Hawkins
3. Re: Quotable - Trip Hawkins Jul 13, 2011, 00:22 Hyatus

Funny quote coming from a failed console developer.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2011, 19:09 Hyatus

White Cherry Icees are da bomb.

My brain realizes it's the same flavor as a wild cherry icee, but somehow it tastes better white...yes...that's what she said.

News Comments > Blurry Respawn Tease
1. Re: Blurry Respawn Tease Jun 30, 2011, 00:14 Hyatus

Sure it's a teaser? It could just be a stock image to give the page "color".  

News Comments > Portal 2 Map Contest Winners
3. Re: Portal 2 Map Contest Winners Jun 28, 2011, 13:27 Hyatus

reisub wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 13:07:
They don't seem to want the game to take off.

Versus what? I'd say the 3 million sales reported last week would qualify a game as 'taken off.'

11. Re: Half-Life 1 Akira homage Jun 26, 2011, 17:19 Hyatus

Fantaz wrote on Jun 26, 2011, 12:36:
So which one came first, because it's not saying in the pic? Did Valve guys rip off that scene from the Akira Manga?

Well, considering the manga came out in the 80s, I'd assume it was first.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday
10. Re: Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Patch Monday Jun 22, 2011, 17:44 Hyatus

killer_roach wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 17:08:
Give it up already. Windows XP is dead and buried, and mercifully so.

Right. Just ignore the numbers.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Hardware Failure
6. Re: Heroes of Newerth Hardware Failure Jun 22, 2011, 13:27 Hyatus

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2011, 12:34:
I'm kind of curious what kind of hardware failure can cascade across multiple systems, INCLUDING your backup systems?

Fire breaks out and the sprinkler systems become active?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week
9. Re: Team Fortress 2 Über Update Thursday, Free Play This Week Jun 21, 2011, 13:32 Hyatus

Tumbler wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 13:22:
I'm going to go home and uninstall TF2, I'm sick of it sitting there downloading huge new patches every week. I have no interest in playing it anymore.

While I do agree that the other games need some more loving, are you seriously complaining that the game you bought forever ago is still being updated and new free content is still being made almost four years later?

News Comments > EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam
5. Re: EA Didn't Pull Crysis 2 from Steam Jun 15, 2011, 16:46 Hyatus

bhcompy wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 16:19:
Surprised it took this long for comment. I'd say this is a blackeye for Steam then, very similar to what Apple does with iOS and what MS does with 360/XBL(and why Valve went with Sony/PSN for Steam, which seems a bit hypocritical now).

There are good reasons for them not to want to include this kind of feature.

1. Valve won't make money on this. Why would any major publisher put their DLC through Steam when they could localize it on their own servers? There goes a revenue stream.

2. Steam couldn't guarantee the content that didn't come from them. Let's say you buy $200 worth of DLC from EA. EA shuts down Origin or changes their mind on allowing unlimited downloads for DLC. It's going to make Valve look bad. At least with Steam, the content is always there to download. You may look at this and say, "well, I would know who the bad guy in this situation is." People are stupid. Look at how many crazy emails/facebook messages Uncle Bob sends you about all of the different conspiracies. That should tell you.

Ultimately, I would love to see the true numbers in two years time. I'd like to see what Valve has lost and what EA has made.

1067 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo