Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Holbrook

Real Name James Holbrook   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hyatus
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I'm me...duh. ~,^
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 14, 2001, 22:15
Total Comments 1067 (Pro)
User ID 10334

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: :o Jul 4, 2014, 23:17 Hyatus

harlock wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 21:15:
men are all like this.. "dope dee doh"

but women are all like this.. "doop dee doo"

amirite, folks?

Don't be lumping in my manly dee with a feminine dee. It just ain't right. Everyone knows women-folk were made to doop and doo, but women who dope and doh aren't fit for doepohing. Doepohing is a man's game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2014, 16:53 Hyatus

Atomic wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 14:13:
Boy, his voice is annoying. I'm glad I stuck with it though, because I thought that was a very cogent argument.

This. There's something about his intonation that is just shy of nails on a chalkboard. Mixed with the weird cartoon voice, it makes it very hard to listen to.

News Comments > Trine Enchanted Edition Beta
7. Re: Trine Enchanted Edition Beta Jun 19, 2014, 14:58 Hyatus

Trine is super fun, but I wish they would focus on Trine 3, or some new DLC for Trine 2 instead of revamping the original.  

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 Free Today
18. Re: Sniper Elite V2 Free Today Jun 5, 2014, 00:08 Hyatus

You don't have to install it immediately. Just click the install button. It won't automatically download.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 16:30 Hyatus

I wonder how many people will read the title of that Matt Harding speech without watching it.  

News Comments > Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall
8. Re: Disney Infinity 2.0 with Marvel Super Heroes This Fall May 1, 2014, 02:04 Hyatus

They need to stop tying all of their franchises together. We get it. You own most everything we loved in our childhood.
They should just make a Marvel game where you can buy a toy from a huge selection of heroes and villains at the store and have them battle in-game. If droves of people can buy Skylanders, an IP with very little previous market presence, think of the masses buying up their favorite super-heroes to battle.

News Comments > Monaco's Final Chapter Released
9. Re: Monaco's Final Chapter Released Apr 6, 2014, 12:12 Hyatus

Grumpy Sod wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 05:09:
It's a free weekend, so it shows up as owned for everyone.

Gotcha. That seems kind of stupid. How does one know whether they already own it or not, then?

News Comments > Monaco's Final Chapter Released
6. Re: Monaco's Final Chapter Released Apr 5, 2014, 23:13 Hyatus

I just went to the Steam link to see if I wanted to buy it and found that I already did. Either I've switched dimensions or I spend far too much money on Steam. Or possibly, both.  

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
43. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 22:23 Hyatus

Task wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 15:59:
Inteceptor already had a playable version built in their internal development, which was admitted to be better looking and better playing than DNF even though Reloaded was unfinished.

And that's awesome. It's a great thing to note on your portfolio. However, it's not Interceptor's IP. Just because somebody creates something better doesn't mean they can do what they want with it. As I said, the bad part was leading Interceptor on with their limited license and then yanking it out later.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
12. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 12:15 Hyatus

Task wrote on Feb 23, 2014, 12:00:
First they squash the better Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded, just so they could squeeze sales out of the DKF they released KNOWING it would be SHITE, and they squash anything else by Interceptor.

The problem wasn't closing down the game, the problem was allowing Interceptor to start making it in the first place.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 19, 2014, 17:10 Hyatus

This is all just guessing, of course, but I believe women don't attend these events for a few simple reasons:

1. They don't know about "e-sports".
2. The games are boring.
3. Smack talk is considered a legitimate tactic.

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
21. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 00:31 Hyatus

Damnit. I was hoping that they would get around to Freedom Force 3 some day. Oh well.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M
13. Re: Oculus Rift Raises Another $75M Dec 13, 2013, 10:54 Hyatus

Shataan wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 10:45:
what they should do, is deliver it with a decent high rez display.... and take a bit of a loss much like Sony did with the PS 3. Better this, than shipping a less than decent display. Sony took the loss, but not they are everywhere.

Sony took a loss with the PS3 because they make up for it with licensing and PSN sales.

News Comments > Desert Strike TMed
8. Re: Desert Strike TMed Dec 3, 2013, 15:17 Hyatus

My guess is a Battlefield-style fps with one-off chopper support pickups.  

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
9. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 12:30 Hyatus

Talutha wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 11:25:
You know, I really enjoyed the movie and was sad there was never a second one made. I definitely understand why there wasn't but I wish there was.

I saw it in the theater and loved it, even though it wasn't as great as its source material(I feel the same way about The Walking Dead).

I also really enjoyed the Mario movie so maybe I just like bad movies...
I saw this in the theater, too. I also loved it, but I can recognize how campy it is.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders
13. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 18:42 Hyatus

I think it's less WotC and more Hasbro that sucks.  

News Comments > Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors
11. Re: Learn Gaming from the Romero Professors Sep 18, 2013, 12:19 Hyatus

"Alright. Your homework for the evening is to go outside and kill frogs. Lots of frogs. If you don't come back tomorrow looking like you shared the inside of a blender with Kermit, you will fail this course."  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
19. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 12:06 Hyatus

It's probably only annoying if someone is adblocking the page. I didn't have a problem with it.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
26. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 29, 2013, 18:19 Hyatus

This dude sounds like Oprah.  

News Comments > Endless Legend Announced
4. Re: Endless Legend Announced Aug 22, 2013, 04:40 Hyatus

Why are the people bigger than the trees? It seems a little off.  

1067 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo