Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BicycleRepairMan

Real Name BicycleRepairMan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BicycleRepairMan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description It's all in a days work for BicycleRepairMan
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 21:03
Total Comments 853 (Graduate)
User ID 10319

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
99. Re: Wheee Nov 5, 2004, 09:33 BicycleRepairMan

Ohhhh, where might one find this? Me likey, likey

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

Once installed, press F3 or ctrl-F for the search.

November 16, here I come.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Wheee Nov 4, 2004, 10:50 BicycleRepairMan

Firefox is so good. Its just got so many cool features, the newest I can think of, is the new "find in this page" search, which is awesome, when activated, it shows up as a bar above the status bar,(much less annoying than IE's window) and when you type, it turns red if the word isnt in the page. I never even thought about how much better that works, before I saw it. I just love that.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Oct 30, 2004, 10:20 BicycleRepairMan

Ok, I cave in, based on those most recent screens, I'll jump on the Stalker fanboy bandwagon. That game looks awesome. period.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms 2 Revealed
26. Re: LOL Oct 27, 2004, 13:39 BicycleRepairMan

q{I dont really view BiA in the same light as Daikatana.}q

I didnt really mean to compare them either, but either way I was talking about BiA2 , not BiA. I was just pointing out that theres no good reason to announce or promote stuff this early, the hype will just go crazy, as we've seen far to often

q{Do not forget that Half life's longetivity was mainly due to having two solid mods, Counter Strike and Day of Defeat}q

If HL was a crappy game, Counter-Strike would be a Daikatana mod but seriously, HL was already good, and a great game to modify, the reason mods were so successful was the amazing support by valve, releasing new free add-ons TFC, DMC, Ricochet, their support and effort to make mods popular with innovations like a mod-browser etc. But yes of course CS is the main reason HL is still alive.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms 2 Revealed
13. Re: LOL Oct 27, 2004, 11:23 BicycleRepairMan

Ever since Daikatana, or infact probably long before that, I've never understood all these early announcements, I understand games need hype, its good for the sales, but I would think it'd be better to announce games in late development, because you'd have a better chance of shocking with something new in the game, instead of giving it away bit by bit years ahead.. like with the E3 -03 demo of HL2, if we had been teased for years with shots and hype about the physics etc, the shock value of the videos would not have been there.. , and of course it'd help not making the release a complete anti-climax ala Daikatana, because that will definatly hurt the sales in the long term. Like with HL1, compared to others, there was almost no hype of that game until that press demo was released . I still remember reading articles like "Will half-life be able to compete with giants like Sin or Daikatana? who knows?" And then it went on to sell alot, infact I've heard it sells more copies every year.

Hype sells the first week, just look at DOOM3, but it wont help in the long haul, for that, you need a game that simply kicks ass.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Tabs.. Oct 23, 2004, 13:30 BicycleRepairMan

I love my Firefox and its tabbed browsing, Im not very techie, but this security hole.. well for one, who the hell does bank transactions from trusted sites (like your bank) in one tab and surf a sketcy pr0n site in another?

Anyway, since I think sadly IE will remain safely in the 80-90% zone in the forseeable future anyway, which is kinda good, because no hackers/ads will even bother to attack the others, as they always look to do the most possible damage..

If you havent yet, switch to Firefox now.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

The only reason NOT to switch is.. well ActiveX, but then again, its really not widely used for anything thats not harmful or spying on you , so its just positive that FF doesnt have it.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 13:31.

77. Re: Um Blue.... Oct 22, 2004, 18:13 BicycleRepairMan

First Half Life 2 goes Gold, Blue Shaves..

bLUE sHAVED?? ITS TIME FOR A LOGO CHANGE THEN..

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/4540/bluesLogo.gif

57. HEY!! Oct 22, 2004, 14:50 BicycleRepairMan

wHATS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, DONT YOU KNOW WHICH DAY IT IS TODAY? rESPEKT THE KEYZ, PEACE OUT.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTERNATIONAL_CAPSLOCK_DAY

58. Re: Giving up soda Oct 19, 2004, 16:17 BicycleRepairMan

I havent done a blind taste, but I'm a 100% sure I could separate coke from pepsi any day. pepsi, and most other colas tastes like coke that has been boiled, cooled down again and added sparkling to it.

And yeah, I know about all the "diet is just as bad" rumors, but I still need to cut the sugar, and I plan to cut out other sodas over time, but I'm taking one step at the time, cutting coke was the hardest step for me. the hang-overs are still really bad w/o coke.

9. Coke takes over parts of the brain Oct 19, 2004, 09:46 BicycleRepairMan

The end of coke for me!
In a move more shocking to myself than the river catching fire and DNF going gold the same day, I suddenly quit drinking Coca-Cola about 4 weeks ago, I usually drank about 3 liters every day, and I thought it was kinda stupid, so I just ended it, theres still lots of coke in the fridge I'll never drink.

Anyway, the day after quitting I had the most insane headache ever felt by man, and I never have headaches, it was actually a bit scary. But after that I actually feel much better without coke, I still drink other soda's to make up for it, but mostly diet ones.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gold
140. Re: Middle of November .... Oct 18, 2004, 18:46 BicycleRepairMan

Why can't Valve quit with the hype ?!? I can't take it anymore, i'm sick and tired of reading throught all this stupid news, this game is bargain bin only for me >

Ok, first of all, this is a press release from Vivendi, not valve, secondly, its about the game being finished and is on the way to the stores, I dont see how you can avoid telling people that, of all news , this is what we've all waited for the most. Also, when you think about it, HL2 wasnt even announced before May last year, before that there was no hype whatsoever, and Valve really hasnt done more to hype their game than other devs, its just that when they show a small video of their game, people's heads tend to explode, because the game just looks that cool.

33. Re: Oh HELL Yeah! Oct 18, 2004, 14:53 BicycleRepairMan

If Bush loses, November will be a good month for mankind.

23. Re: huh? Oct 18, 2004, 14:40 BicycleRepairMan

Congratulations to valve!, this is gonna be awesome.
This comment was edited on Oct 18, 14:43.

News Comments > Another Half-Life 2 Gold Rumor
10. Re: AAAARRRGH! Oct 16, 2004, 11:40 BicycleRepairMan

maybe they are not going to announce gold. maybe, if we're lucky, we'll all just turn on steam one day and we can play it!

It seems to be a common misunderstanding that youll get HL2 on Steam when it goes gold. It wont come on steam until its in the stores, so dont get too excited just yet

Currently playing:
Red Orchestra 2.0 For UT2004, Http://www.redorchestramod.com

News Comments > DOOM 3 Sales
35. Re: nUmba|-|5? Aug 24, 2004, 12:56 BicycleRepairMan

want my lawn mowing simulator.

WELL GUESS WHAT???!!!! 1111 ITS ALREADY OUT!!

Teenage lawnmower!!
http://www.rtsoft.com/tlm/index.shtml

NO JOKE!

Edit: I just have to post the Full version features!:

The retail version includes:

* 30+ days of story (the demo only includes 3)
* 19 interesting and unique mowing scenarios including snow and a golf course and tons of zany new characters.
* Mutated killer moles!
* Run unlimited user created add-ons and mods.
* FREE unlimited technical support
* Join a cult.
* Ultra cute PUPPIES & DUCKS will charm you!
* Get HIT ON by an OLDER woman.
* Dynamic and shocking multiple story endings.
* Earn the ultimate mower... Excalibur!
* FULL 60-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
* FREE upgrades for life
* Fully automated and secure online instant purchase and download.
* Order now and be playing the FULL RETAIL version in minutes!

Currently playing:
This comment was edited on Aug 24, 12:58.

News Comments > The Mod Squads
9. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2004, 10:57 BicycleRepairMan

There has never been "CTF" in DOD, what he refers to is probably the flags marking the objectives on the map.. you have the excact same thing in RO, except you need a certain % of your team (like half the team) to cap the objective, and there are no flags to mark the spots (the obj are on the overhead map, and when you get into the objective area youll get a message with "need: X" or a bar that fills up when the needed number of people are there)

Anyway, as I said , the next version should be much more interesting , objective wise, when you can blow stuff up and drive tanks etc.

Currently playing:

5. Re: Nice game...shame about the communit Aug 23, 2004, 18:27 BicycleRepairMan

I think most of the RO devs are determined to keep RO a free mod, and they keep saying they'll refuse to give in to any demands to make the game "more arcadish" to get a publisher..

besides, if they win, they'll win a lisence to the unreal engine, and will be able to make a new game from the ground up, maybe even using newer unreal tech than the current one..

Currently playing:

3. Re: Nice game...shame about the communit Aug 23, 2004, 17:10 BicycleRepairMan

I havent been playing it much recently, been busy with DOOM3, real-life and CS:S, but it truly is the best WW2 FPS out there IMO, after playing RO, the others seem ..meh. even Call Of Duty is incredibly arcadish and silly compared to this., if you want realistic, RO is it. what its been lacking up until now is variation on the gameplay, its been capping objectives on foot on every map earlier, this time, there are satchel charges for blowing up stuff (bridges, walls, etc.) ability to call in artillery(!!), and not least TANKS, operated by several crew members! RO has gotten better with each release, it looks like this one is going totally over the top, the patch from the previous version is 250 MB!!

Oh and one more thing, this mod is all about community!, it might not be CS-sized, but its full of helpful, mature players, ages ranging from 15 to 50 or so, and there are always a few half-full and full servers out there, which is strictly all you need isnt it? (and hopefully there will be even more after 3.0)

Currently playing:

47. Re: What we need is... Aug 23, 2004, 12:17 BicycleRepairMan

I am embarassed to say that I never made it out of the alpha labs before I got sick of the game. It looks awesome, but it was the same old, same old, and it lost me once I got over the graphics.

the other thing about the alpha labs, is that the "delta labs" come up as a subject so often, and I thought, "So, its Alpha labs 1..2..3..4 and then.. uh bravolabs 1..2.. and so on, which would be really dull.. but fortunatly its not like that, atleast not yet, and there is actually some cool eventful non-lab levels between A-labs and D-labs instead

Currently playing:

45. Re: Saving ammo... Aug 23, 2004, 12:11 BicycleRepairMan

If you want to see some rag dolls, then shoot imps with the RL a little too close than you should. You'll take a little damage, but it's worth it to see the imp fly across the room before he disintegrates!

yeah, I've done that a couple of times, but what I'd really like to see is zombies or imps being blown back hard by my shotgun into some boxes and barrels (like that scene in Minority Report, at the car factory..) before landing in a bloddy pulp, that would also help to ease the repetiveness of this game.

Currently playing:

853 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo