Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BicycleRepairMan

Real Name BicycleRepairMan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BicycleRepairMan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description It's all in a days work for BicycleRepairMan
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 21:03
Total Comments 866 (Graduate)
User ID 10319

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Movie Update
32. Re: Looks interesting... Dec 4, 2004, 08:32 BicycleRepairMan

After seeing Aliens Versus Predator, and played Half-life 2 I've just given up on movies. I choose games.
This comment was edited on Dec 4, 08:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch & SDK Released
12. Re: yay Dec 1, 2004, 09:13 BicycleRepairMan

WOW!! this was just COOL, I am happy to note that the physics are NOT bouncy and lame-ish like in CS:source, so now you can stack climb etc just like in SP HL2, only played for 5 mins but I've already had atleast 5 "Wow!" kills, like throwing explosive barrels at people etc. I just loved it.

up yours, you reviewers who complained that "CS:S is the only MP" I could never understand in the first place why a remake of the most successful online game ever can be called "only" when it comes with the best SP FPS game ever made, but maybe thats just me.

After Buddha was dead, his shadow was still shown for centuries in a cave a tremendous, gruesome shadow. God is dead; but given the way of men, there may still be caves for thousands of years in which his shadow will be shown.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gordon Model
14. Re: Cool. Nov 30, 2004, 11:46 BicycleRepairMan

Here is the link, it even says "suprise"
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2004/11/last-pre-release-half-life-2-post.html

After Buddha was dead, his shadow was still shown for centuries in a cave a tremendous, gruesome shadow. God is dead; but given the way of men, there may still be caves for thousands of years in which his shadow will be shown.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Gordon Model
13. Re: Cool. Nov 30, 2004, 11:38 BicycleRepairMan

The demo was called HL: Uplink , Day one was the press demo, released before the main game.

I think the suprise is HL2 DM of some kind. that guy who first said it was gold (when it was true) said they'd do it, mentioning the grav gun and that we'd be pleased even if it was just one map.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 11:39.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stuttering Update, SDK & Surprise Plans
61. Re: blah Nov 25, 2004, 14:36 BicycleRepairMan

BTW, here's a list of FPS I enjoyed more than HL2:

I fully disagree. Each to his/her own I guess.

Half life 2 is the best game ever.

45. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 13:25 BicycleRepairMan

If you think that HL2 is the best FPS of all time then I wonder what you have been doing the last 10 years?

Hmm, I think that , and I think I've played most FPS's since DOOM.. can you point out the one that beats HL2.. seriously, I'd really like to play it.(guess your answer will be "any FPS without steam" If youre having problems, my sympathies to you but TBH, I havent had one single problem with steam since the steam-beta, where it sometimes hung up on updating.)

38. Re: No subject Nov 25, 2004, 13:13 BicycleRepairMan

dont make up excuses for big fat bill newell gates

Yeah HL2 is just a really bad game. At first I just thought it was the greatest game ever made, but now that you've pointed out the no-hands thing, and that one of its developers weighs more than an average person, I just realize how much it sucks. Thanks for this info dude, you rule. kthx

edit: better change my sig

Half life 2 is the best worst game ever, you cant see the hands!!

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 13:17.

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
36. Re: Here's how it will play out... Nov 23, 2004, 16:20 BicycleRepairMan

Day of Defeat is being professionally redone. Hence why it isn't done yet. In my opinion, paying $60 and getting HL2, HL:S, CS:S, and DoD:S (four full games), is a fucking great deal.

You also get the back catalouge (in the Silver pack) including HL1 and all its mods :), so yeah a great deal indeed.

News Comments > JFK Reloaded
69. Re: Before you knee-jerk... Nov 22, 2004, 13:27 BicycleRepairMan

So, is anyone gonna go for the cash price?

November 16, here I come.

News Comments > JFK Reloaded
18. Re: Before you knee-jerk... Nov 22, 2004, 09:50 BicycleRepairMan

All of those things we know about JFK. In your example, we have none of that.

Well most are based off of real battles, some nazis are even mentioned by name AND presented as unholy robotic monsters you need to kill.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Wow. Nov 17, 2004, 09:23 BicycleRepairMan

Just.... wow
I'm just speechless, the way you can just improvise combat as you go, and then seeing the AI do the same.. like when you are low on health, it just helps you get creative awesome.

Also, I just realised how grenade just makes the AI seem better in games, Like in HL and HL2 where enemies actively use them to flush you out, which effectivly ends the fantasicly boring "look around the corner and shoot the arm"-tactics you are somtimes encouraged to do in other games. Anyways, been playing for hours , time for some food.

News Comments > H-L2 Sven Co-Op Release Party
11. SHIPS AHOY!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Nov 16, 2004, 07:15 BicycleRepairMan

SHIPS AHOY, I say SHIPS AHOY!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Reports: Halo 2 retail date broken in M Nov 5, 2004, 09:46 BicycleRepairMan

Now somebody break the damn Half-Life 2 embargo already!! I want my HL2 over Steam!!

99. Re: Wheee Nov 5, 2004, 09:33 BicycleRepairMan

Ohhhh, where might one find this? Me likey, likey

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

Once installed, press F3 or ctrl-F for the search.

18. Re: Wheee Nov 4, 2004, 10:50 BicycleRepairMan

Firefox is so good. Its just got so many cool features, the newest I can think of, is the new "find in this page" search, which is awesome, when activated, it shows up as a bar above the status bar,(much less annoying than IE's window) and when you type, it turns red if the word isnt in the page. I never even thought about how much better that works, before I saw it. I just love that.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Oct 30, 2004, 10:20 BicycleRepairMan

Ok, I cave in, based on those most recent screens, I'll jump on the Stalker fanboy bandwagon. That game looks awesome. period.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms 2 Revealed
26. Re: LOL Oct 27, 2004, 13:39 BicycleRepairMan

q{I dont really view BiA in the same light as Daikatana.}q

I didnt really mean to compare them either, but either way I was talking about BiA2 , not BiA. I was just pointing out that theres no good reason to announce or promote stuff this early, the hype will just go crazy, as we've seen far to often

q{Do not forget that Half life's longetivity was mainly due to having two solid mods, Counter Strike and Day of Defeat}q

If HL was a crappy game, Counter-Strike would be a Daikatana mod but seriously, HL was already good, and a great game to modify, the reason mods were so successful was the amazing support by valve, releasing new free add-ons TFC, DMC, Ricochet, their support and effort to make mods popular with innovations like a mod-browser etc. But yes of course CS is the main reason HL is still alive.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms 2 Revealed
13. Re: LOL Oct 27, 2004, 11:23 BicycleRepairMan

Ever since Daikatana, or infact probably long before that, I've never understood all these early announcements, I understand games need hype, its good for the sales, but I would think it'd be better to announce games in late development, because you'd have a better chance of shocking with something new in the game, instead of giving it away bit by bit years ahead.. like with the E3 -03 demo of HL2, if we had been teased for years with shots and hype about the physics etc, the shock value of the videos would not have been there.. , and of course it'd help not making the release a complete anti-climax ala Daikatana, because that will definatly hurt the sales in the long term. Like with HL1, compared to others, there was almost no hype of that game until that press demo was released . I still remember reading articles like "Will half-life be able to compete with giants like Sin or Daikatana? who knows?" And then it went on to sell alot, infact I've heard it sells more copies every year.

Hype sells the first week, just look at DOOM3, but it wont help in the long haul, for that, you need a game that simply kicks ass.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Tabs.. Oct 23, 2004, 13:30 BicycleRepairMan

I love my Firefox and its tabbed browsing, Im not very techie, but this security hole.. well for one, who the hell does bank transactions from trusted sites (like your bank) in one tab and surf a sketcy pr0n site in another?

Anyway, since I think sadly IE will remain safely in the 80-90% zone in the forseeable future anyway, which is kinda good, because no hackers/ads will even bother to attack the others, as they always look to do the most possible damage..

If you havent yet, switch to Firefox now.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox

The only reason NOT to switch is.. well ActiveX, but then again, its really not widely used for anything thats not harmful or spying on you , so its just positive that FF doesnt have it.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 13:31.

77. Re: Um Blue.... Oct 22, 2004, 18:13 BicycleRepairMan

First Half Life 2 goes Gold, Blue Shaves..

bLUE sHAVED?? ITS TIME FOR A LOGO CHANGE THEN..

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/4540/bluesLogo.gif

866 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo