Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BicycleRepairMan

Real Name BicycleRepairMan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BicycleRepairMan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description It's all in a days work for BicycleRepairMan
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 21:03
Total Comments 864 (Graduate)
User ID 10319

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > UT2007 Delayed
14. Re: ... Aug 1, 2006, 10:11 BicycleRepairMan

I'm looking forward to UT07, but I'm about a thousand times more excited about whatever Tripwire, (the Red Orchestra developers) can do with this engine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra Free Booster, Trial Plans
26. Re: Wait... Jul 27, 2006, 07:34 BicycleRepairMan

Screenies?
Red Orchestra:
http://www.redorchestragame.com/images/17-12-05/full/kp3.jpg
Real world reference:
http://perso.orange.fr/sanmartin/guerre_39-45/Axe/Reichstag_survole_par_l_aviation_russe.jpg
http://www.dw-world.de/image/0,,509034_4,00.jpg

Another RO shot, the Reichstag is in the distance behind that other building:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/images/08-02-06/full/shot0528.jpg

Screenshots dont do the map justice at all, and the amazing thing about the map is that its 1/1 from actual scale, and about 90% historically accurate to the actual area, and its basically just one large field, littered with rubble, sandbags, craters and destroyed buildings, so you'd think it would be a mix of boring and unplayable, but infact its the complete opposite.

Its also combined arms map, great for both infantry and tanks

So many things have been done right in that map it completely blew me away. visuals, playability, historical accuracy, open ended-ness..

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 07:35.

20. Re: Wait... Jul 26, 2006, 18:13 BicycleRepairMan

I've been on the fence about buying the full game. Though the lack of Warsaw and Moscow Highway is a bit of a let-down.

Have you seen Konigsplatz? nothing short of groundbreaking level design right there.

15. Re: great game, cool booster pack Jul 26, 2006, 15:53 BicycleRepairMan

So basically its World War Two Online but with more 14 year olds

No, I havent played WW2O, but I know that its an MMO, and RO is still a FPS with 32 players per server.

As for the 14 year olds, well I guess you could be unlucky, perhaps more likely in the free period and meet completely immature people, but generally, the RO community is a very mature and civilized one.

What I'm saying is that it can be compared to DOD, COD or even BF in some respects, but if you are used to the run-and -gun playing style and try to use it in RO, youll die. RO is one of the very few FPS that have actually manage to innovate in the MP playing style itself. Once you've tried it, and gotten into it, you'll see what I mean.

BTW, there are lots of WW2OL players in the RO community, come over and say hello
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/index.php

9. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2006, 12:10 BicycleRepairMan

Just remember to give this game some time. Dont play just 30 mins or an hour thinking youve seen it and then uninstall

There is a reason its not just a free weekend, its because it takes a few hours, getting killed, not getting it, where its just frustration and hurt.. At one point youll just hate the game.

Then suddenly, you use real tactics, act carefully set up the shot and land your first well excecuted bolt-action rifle kill. Then you are there. Or that first time when you run across the konigsplatz, and see 3 of your mates get blown to pieces by artillery right infront of you, you turn in cofusions and hear the terror of an approaching tiger in the not so distant distance.

TANKA!

He uses the MG at you, tracers fly past your head, momentarely blurring your vision, the hit the ground next to you and bounces into the air, there is no choice to make, there is no way in hell you can rambo your ass out of this, JUST.GET.DOWN.

In short, RO is just these really intense moments, but again before you get into it, it can be both confusing and downright frustrating, specially because people are so used to DOD or COD and think the same tactics will apply. they wont. RO may look similar, and the first few minutes seems like its the same old ww2 game, but I promise, its not.

News Comments > Hot Coffee Cools - FTC & Take-Two Settle
1. No subject Jul 21, 2006, 12:52 BicycleRepairMan

I didnt pay to see a wobbling mans ass

-Bill Hicks on Pay-TV

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movie
61. Re: because Jul 19, 2006, 17:52 BicycleRepairMan

if you feigned with an animation, it would be obvious: it wouldn't look like ragdolling does, and the end product wouldn't look or act like a ragdoll.

Isnt feigning a bit of a dumb tactic in a combat situation anyway, thought it was done out of sight, so that when people come they think you are dead already.. If so they could just as well used a controlled sit-down/lay down animation..

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 17:53.

12. Re: Not Impressed Jul 19, 2006, 14:23 BicycleRepairMan

they each have classes & BF got it right.

If TF2 was BF I'd be really disappointed, BF has way more watered out classes than TF should have, the cool thing about TF is how each class is so different, and basically only good for one thing. the heavy is useless for running, the scout useless for defence and so on. In BF there are classes, but like most so called class-based games, you can almost ignore your class and do everything with any class..

I'm not saying thats a bad thing, or that it doesnt fit into a realistic setting, but its not TF.

9. Re: except... Jul 19, 2006, 14:16 BicycleRepairMan

Haha, I thought the trailer kicked ass, no gameplay, but it looks pretty unique and cool, I just love the music and the whole retro- action/spy style, kinda reminds me of Snatch here and there (and the incredibles, ofcourse)

That outside area looks like the new 2forts btw

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Portal Movie
30. Re: ... Jul 18, 2006, 17:14 BicycleRepairMan

I wish Valve could have done something new without boring so very heavily from other developers

I've heard several games also have the thompson submachine gun... Seriously we get 2 portal games, so what? Besides this isnt really a prey ripoff, If they meant to ripoff prey, they would first look at the success of prey, then start planning and making the game, and seeing as prey is just out less than a month ago, its pretty obvious valve started making this since before the first (human head-made) prey screenshot was even released.

Besides all that the gameplay and general purpose of the game seems to be entirely different, watch the video again and notice the portal physics explained, if youre standing on a ledge, shoot a portal in the wall and one on the ground below, the speed you gain while jumping down will remain when you exit on the wall, so you can use that to propel yourself(or anything else, probably) sideways or any other direction. this will kick ass.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Portal Movie
12. Re: Wow... Jul 18, 2006, 16:02 BicycleRepairMan

That looks kick ass, I really like the trampoline effect (ie: creating both portals on the floor far below and jumping into one makes you fly out the other, check out the forums on the Nuclear monkey site, theres a custom level with that effect on it. its called trampoline.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Arrested Development Movie? Jul 18, 2006, 14:00 BicycleRepairMan

On one hand , and AD movie would kick ass, but I really just want MORE EPISODES DAMNIT!

If they ever did a movie, theyd have to appeal to all non-fans, so it'd end up re-telling the story or something.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two, TF2 Details
35. Re: Sweet Jul 15, 2006, 11:19 BicycleRepairMan

I wonder if we'll ever see the OTHER TF2 gameplay.

I dont think we will, that game was planned pre-CS and Rainbow six , battlefield and hundreds of other WW2 and war games, back then the realistic wargame approach was a fresh idea in the FPS genre, now it would only be one of hundreds of clones, and the unrealisticly different classes with sometimes superhuman abilities would seem wierd I think. So they'd either have to cut back on all the rocket-jumps and HW guys who swallow 200 bullets with no hassle, and in other words end up excactly at where Battlefield or counterstrike or DOD already is, or go with this more unrealistic approach. I think this will be more interesting.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 11:19.

News Comments > Portal Revealed - TF2 Lives(!)
51. Re: ... Jul 14, 2006, 09:17 BicycleRepairMan

It all sounds rather odd. The Portal thing sounds like a tech demo. TF2 sounds like a completely different cartoon fest. Ep2 sounds like more of the same (which, IMO is a good thing). It'll be getting my money, but it seems odd that they'd give away this much for $20 again, given DOD:S, CS:S, HL:S etc are all $10.

I know its pretty naive to believe it, but valve has promised that with digital delivery, they cut out the middle man(or rather middle men) so games can be sold cheaper, I think they may have been suprised themselves about how much they really sell over steam, so perhaps that it really works, guess they are eager to keep people from uninstalling steam, so they need fresh MP games to keep it going.

14. Re: Deadwood Jul 10, 2006, 12:43 BicycleRepairMan

Alright, I'm gonna start watching deadwood, I've only seen like 5 minutes of it so far, because the dumbasses who bought the show here decided the best time to send this was when only granny watches TV, late saturday night. So Its gonna be the torrent flavour for me then. I started watching Arrested Development because of Blue's many posts on it, and that was absolutely one of the best shows I've seen. Gonna start with Season 1, this better be good

2. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2006, 13:40 BicycleRepairMan

And watched Love boat reruns instead?

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Stats
16. Re: Direct X 9.5? Jun 23, 2006, 11:19 BicycleRepairMan

Isnt the newest 9.1c or something, they must mean that, since they have DX9 and DX9.5

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Stats
10. Re: Umm... Jun 23, 2006, 11:08 BicycleRepairMan

VALVE IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS STEAM

IGNORANCE IS SKILLZ

News Comments > EA To Acquire Mythic
9. Re: blah Jun 20, 2006, 18:23 BicycleRepairMan

Anotherone bites the dust.

News Comments > Red Orchestra Patch Plans
9. Re: Funny That Jun 18, 2006, 18:29 BicycleRepairMan

Like the BF series. Ever spend half or a whole clip into a guys back at close range just to have him turn around and off you in one shot?

Ironically one of the stated goals of RO was to eliminate this syndrome other games have due to their use of conefire.
So, in RO, the bullets go like real bullets, so this bug in RO is different, but unfortunatly the end result is the same ATM

They say they have fixed it in the patch tho:

Fixed: “Blank Firing” weapon bugs

864 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo