Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BicycleRepairMan

Real Name BicycleRepairMan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BicycleRepairMan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description It's all in a days work for BicycleRepairMan
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 21:03
Total Comments 864 (Graduate)
User ID 10319

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Crikey! Sep 4, 2006, 16:02 BicycleRepairMan

He will be missed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 3DR/DNF Rumors Follow-up
11. Re: indiv Aug 31, 2006, 12:37 BicycleRepairMan

I don't get it indiv. It doesn't make sense. Is that sarcasm?

No, I dont think so, its true, "anyone" can do a screenshot that looks fantastic, and have all the basics in there, but thats very, very, very far from a finished product. Just to get a game running without frequent crashes on all kinds of software and hardware configurations is extremely time consuming, hell, even most released games still crash.

Then there are all the other bugs, eliminate one, create 2 more... playtesting, and all that isnt even counting the buisness side of things like who pays these developers, PR, rumors,leaks, employees leaving... etc. Thats why they call it development hell.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delayed
22. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2006, 16:00 BicycleRepairMan

Either way, anyone that buys it on Steam is a fool - you'll pick it up in store for much less

Not everywhere, where I live its about double the steam price in stores. I believe EP1 is around 35$ or more in most stores here now.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delayed
11. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2006, 14:57 BicycleRepairMan

Seriously. Crysis vs. EP2???? No contest

I wouldnt excactly say "no contest" without trying either of them...

News Comments > EA Gets Unreal
38. Re: ... Aug 20, 2006, 02:47 BicycleRepairMan

Unreal games and Unreal tech are crap, IMO there has yet to be a decent game made with it, and there prolly wont be. It just feels plain BAD. Yeah, yeah, some Unreal games were popular etc, etc, etc, ... so are the SIM's, Half Life, WOW, ... popularity does not maketh the game.

I wonder what games you DO like.. Quake?

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Combat Released
7. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2006, 15:38 BicycleRepairMan

Needs more seeders! 6500 peers and a single seed

I'm at 1,2%, but I will seed once its down, its poker night so I'll leave it on.

News Comments > NWN2 and Dark Messiah Limited Editions
23. Re: No subject Aug 15, 2006, 16:23 BicycleRepairMan

DMOMoMOMM

Quoted for funny.

News Comments > NWN2 and Dark Messiah Limited Editions
10. Re: Dark Messiah Aug 15, 2006, 12:17 BicycleRepairMan

I had a lot of fun killing people using the environment in many ways

Yea, it sort of like the feeling you get when playing HL2, and it eliminates the whole "this enemy takes 3 shots to die" standard you find in many FPS games, and sometimes youre just thinking "why am I even fighting this guy?" and just kick him off the ledge. I love that with these newer games, you can invent your own fighting style

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Off Topic: Defence budget Aug 14, 2006, 13:08 BicycleRepairMan

Ok, I've seen the title of this several times on videosift, but I never really bothered to watch it, as I thought it was just a "funny vid", but now that I've seen it, well, you NEED to see this:

The U.S. Defense Budget, Explained with OREO Cookies:
http://videosift.com/story.php?id=6415

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Dumb has a new definition… Aug 11, 2006, 00:49 BicycleRepairMan

all a paragraph has to do is start with "four Frenchmen....." and theres no need to read any further. Stupidity ensues always.....

Yeah, those stupid ass french people, god damn sissies, they sure learned a lesson on that whole Iraq war thing! freedom fries forever!

News Comments > Steam Update
27. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2006, 14:16 BicycleRepairMan

Hey, other movies and stories suck, therefore, its acceptable that Ep1/2/3/whatever sucks too

No thats not what I said at all, I Said bhruic used a cheap trick to show how the ep1 story sucks. This cheap trick can be used to slam any story, no matter how good or bad it is.

Episode 1's story isnt all that, its the way its presented that matters, the game is exciting, fun to play and immersive, thus its worth getting IMO.

25. Re: Jaenos Aug 6, 2006, 12:11 BicycleRepairMan

LOL! So every movie and book has a plot as ridiculous as the one Bhuric described? Next time actually read the post before you give your Valve-induced autonomic rebuttal.

No, I never said it was the best story ever, I just pointed out that most stories can be summed up in one or two sentences to make it look really crappy.

In the end its not really about the story, atleast not in a game, but rather how you tell it, which is what halflife and HL2 and ep1 all do very well

20. Re: Jaenos Aug 6, 2006, 11:05 BicycleRepairMan

What exactly was the big "story" of Ep1?

"So, um, you're stuck in the city, so get out. Wait, don't get out, shut down the explosion. No, wait, shutting down the explosion didn't help, so get out of the city. No, wait, shepherd a group of apparently completely helpless people (with guns) across 50' of space, then get out of the city. No, wait, don't take that train, hang around in the city that's about to blow up some more."

You could sum up any movie or any book the same way

"Once upon a time there was a ring, it was evil. so frodo walked very far to throw in a mountain. the end."

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 11:05.

3. Re: Leipzig you say? Aug 5, 2006, 15:53 BicycleRepairMan

Another thing about E3 is that any news a company releases while its on, most likely will drown in the flood of info, unless they scream very loud

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
18. Re: Your Still Buying Aug 4, 2006, 12:12 BicycleRepairMan

And people went bananas when valve shut down WON to replace it with steam..

I said it back then, and I'll say it now, in reality that was a great move, since those WON games now get an afterlife. You just cant expect a buisness to spend money handing out a free service forever.

News Comments > Red Orchestra Trial
23. Re: BicycleRepairMan Aug 4, 2006, 11:11 BicycleRepairMan

I had more fun this time out.

The more you play, the better it gets, its like listening to a great album. RO still have some bugs and issues, like most multiplayer games, but in the end the game is just so satisfying that the faults can be excused most of the time, besides, the developers really listen and respond to the community more than any other developer, if you have a question or comment, simply bring it up in the forums and theyll probably answer themselves before the end of the day. They also listen to suggestions, and lots make it into the game.

21. Re: Spooge Aug 4, 2006, 06:20 BicycleRepairMan

while I am seeing the matrix. Most of you are very low on the totem pole.

Well, mr.matrix, like most games, RO has have some known exploits, most of them are discovered pretty quickly, the mod had a map you could easily crawl below ground anywhere, people still played and had a good time, without exploiting.

lyes krovy is a brand new map, so no suprise if theres an overlooked glitch in there somewhere. Theyll probably fix it in the next update.

You can report the gamma exploit to Tripwire at http://www.redorchestragame.com , I recommend PM'ing [RO]Ramm-jaeger at the forums, he's lead coder.

3. Re: Eh... Aug 3, 2006, 11:28 BicycleRepairMan

While I applaud the attempt by the RO Team, it just wasn't for me.
many people most people nearly everyone hates this game the first couple of hours, this is why its not a free weekend like DOD: Source had, they give you 5 days because you really need to get into it to like it, It looks like another shooter maybe, but theres much more depth in it than that.

I fully understand it might not be your game no matter what, but I strongly urge you to give it another go just to make sure

News Comments > Red Orchestra Free Trial Tomorrow
28. Re: Review Aug 3, 2006, 10:43 BicycleRepairMan

Nice review, I still recommend playing it some more, the game really grows as you play, I'm also pretty annoyed with the lack of climbing/jumping small obstacles when youre out of stamina, but I think the movement speed itself is near perfect, you can also sprint longer than in DOD for example. Also, you can sprint crouched, which is very helpful for running from cover to cover

If you _only_ wanna play sniper this isnt really the game you want, sniper is awesome when you get it, but youll need enough ram to get in first Try using, and getting good at bolt-action rifles instead, they are always available and really cool to use when you get the hang of'em. Use sandbags, window frames etc to REST your weapon, this feature is incredibly well implemented , you dont push any buttons, just hover your rifle over any ledge and it gets visibly steadier. this gives you yet another reason to seek out cover.

It isn’t popular. Why should I buy a game that has only around a hundred people in the USA playing it in the middle of the night.
[?]

To get more than a hundred people playing it?

The game isnt popular mainly because its marketing budget is probably close to non-existant, its difficult to sell that when giants like COD2 or BF2 has the budget it has..

The good news is that there is a steady increase of players in RO, hopefully this free week will give the number a further boost

News Comments > Red Orchestra Free Trial Tomorrow
18. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2006, 11:32 BicycleRepairMan

I've been told it's BF2 with extra shitty added.

Well, youve been told the wrong thing , unless "extra shitty" means "its nothing like BF2 at all"

They are both teamplay-online FPS shooters, and they both have tanks, and the goal is to capture areas on the map. Thats all RO and BF2 have in common

BF2 is more a "fun" game focusing alot more on vehicles (planes, choppers, boats)not found in RO

RO is about playing a reality-based thing, you need to use real tactics, real weapons, and most of the stuff in the game are historically accurate

"balance" for example means something else in RO than in most games, while games like DOD for instance, theyll use a 1:1 or some kind of rock-paper-scissor system to balance the weapons the allieds Thompson is almost identical to the Axis Mp40 for example

In RO, the weapons are modeled after their real-life counterparts, not just in the look, but also in RPM, ballistics, etc. and game balance is acheived in other ways, by limiting the amount of certain weapons per team etc.

There is no bunny hopping or dolphin diving in RO, basically if it makes sense to do it in a real situation, it makes sense in RO. considering running out in the open in that courtyard to snipe the waiting MG42? you die.

Flank him by carefully running cover-to-cover? He dies.

864 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo