Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BicycleRepairMan

Real Name BicycleRepairMan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BicycleRepairMan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description It's all in a days work for BicycleRepairMan
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 21:03
Total Comments 864 (Graduate)
User ID 10319

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 13:51 BicycleRepairMan

I got 77-7 = 70 on the test, I'm a non-native speaker, so pretty happy with that. In fact, I've never even been in the US or Canada. (or England for that matter. Been in scotland once.)

I did feel slightly cheated, as I discarded "hath" because I thought it was extinct, but apparantly thou still hath some use for it!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
12. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 11:02 BicycleRepairMan

Jesus , how long was that trailer , that felt like an hour! whoever directed this should be taken out back and shot., its a sloooooooooow reveal of.... what exactly? a woman with a bionic arm and halfshaved head on a motorcycle(which looks like its on a treadmill and someone is moving pictures of explosions on cardboard in the background) aaaaaaaand dooooeees sheee shoooooooot the guuuuuun ? yes she did. Wow.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Revealed
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 Revealed May 10, 2014, 06:05 BicycleRepairMan

Kosumo wrote on May 10, 2014, 00:49:
Totally off topic but -

Why has their been no update on Start Citizen 'Arena Commander' weekly reports? They had one like 13 days ago then nothing, is this why the game is racing behind it's schedule because in Christ Roberts land, a week is like 16 days or something?

Back to your normal topic now thank you

Cant type/update while running. away. with your money.

(joke)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 6, 2014, 13:24 BicycleRepairMan

"The fall down of evolution" what the hell does that mean? shouldnt it be "the downfall" or "the fall", and how can "evolution" fall(down)? are we talking about biological evolution? Evolution is simply a natural process of change, it will go on no matter what, and it has no goals or ambitions, it just happens.  

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week
29. Re: Unreal Tournament Reveal Teased for Next Week May 3, 2014, 04:02 BicycleRepairMan

Please make the shock rifle satisfying. Taking out 2 people with a shock combo in UT99.. ooooooohyeah!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2014, 12:57 BicycleRepairMan

LOL at the urination water thing. So an average bladder is something like .5 liters. thats .5 litres urine in 132 MILLION litres of water. So thats a 1 in 264 million concentration. Urine, of course, is 95% water anyway, and the remaining 5% is completely harmless waste products from the bloodstream. You could easily drink a gallon of urine from a healthy person and not suffer the slightest.

On a related note, a random glass of water is almost guaranteed to contain atleast one watermolecule that have passed through Napoleons bladder. This is due to the fact that there are orders of magnitude more molecules of water in a single glass then there are glasses of water on earth, and due to the laws of diffusion, that has made sure that Napoleons urine is now evenly distributed in the earths watermass.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2014, 14:31.

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
49. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 2, 2014, 05:42 BicycleRepairMan

InBlack wrote on May 2, 2014, 03:40:
However this turns out, America loses. The whole world thinks America is populated by bullies and litigious bastards. PR disaster.
Pfft, its not an american exclusive, look at Samsung/apple, lawsuits left and right. Its a corporation thing, its what happens when businesses become big, non-personal working-for-the-shareholders giants with no other way to grow but to move money between eachother. No doubt US is the epicenter of all this, but still..

34. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 17:47 BicycleRepairMan

Nono, this was WAAAAY before quake live came along, I think it was in the Quakeworld days, before Quake 2 , and certainly before Q3A too. I believe they used some (badly) photoshopped screenshots of the NIN ammo boxes with a brand logo like coca cola on it (Any other BN'ers remember this??) Anyway it was hysterical and even caused some controversy at the time, like iD would ever sell out like that, not in a million years!

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 1, 2014, 17:39:
BicycleRepairMan wrote on May 1, 2014, 17:23:
And yeah, this is kinda late, but I remember an aprils fool joke on a gaming site ages ago, where the gag was that id was gonna do product placements in Quake, and we all laughed our asses off at the idea.. now John f'in Carmack works for FACEBOOK. he actually works for facebook, and now hes being sued by a shitty, greedy company of laywers that bought id software before he left.. for FACEBOOK. Jesus Christ.
'

I believe that April Fools Joke's name was Quake Live. They did the in-game advertisement thing for a short while and it was a terrible failure.

To me the most interesting thing about this story is that Zenimax claims they have signed documents giving them ownership of this. I'm looking forward to hearing more details about the content of these documents.. Deal

30. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 17:23 BicycleRepairMan

And yeah, this is kinda late, but I remember an aprils fool joke on a gaming site ages ago, where the gag was that id was gonna do product placements in Quake, and we all laughed our asses off at the idea.. now John f'in Carmack works for FACEBOOK. he actually works for facebook, and now hes being sued by a shitty, greedy company of laywers that bought id software before he left.. for FACEBOOK. Jesus Christ.  

17. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 16:13 BicycleRepairMan

Carmacks statement that none of his work has been patented is terribly misguided, he SOLD his company, and became an employer of Zenimax, he cant choose what parts of his works are "patented", it depends on Zenimax policies (ie what Carmack/id signed when they sold) what they retain in terms of patents and copyrights. If they have some clause in their business that says "all work and ideas by employees are the sole property of Zenimax etc" (in better legal language, obviously) Theres nothing he can do about it.

I'm not a legal expert either, but it seems just the fact that he's using the word "patent" shows that he doesnt get the issue at hand, I dont think a company needs to patent all ideas to be able to claim that a former employee stole work that was developed under their employment.

News Comments > Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion
16. Re: Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion Apr 24, 2014, 07:59 BicycleRepairMan

Its a free game, and AFAIK its not limited in any way, this is RO2, free. However, it does not include Rising Storm, which is a stand-alone game/expansion pack for RO2, and you can play on the same maps if you have RO2. However to get all of RS features, you need RS. I Highly enjoyed RO1 and RO2 looks awesome, but I just dont have time to play these days.  

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
64. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 17, 2014, 06:34 BicycleRepairMan

Re: people flinging around phrases like "retarded" here, buying games that you never play. After becoming a dad, I find that I hardly ever have time to play games anymore, but I occationally buy a game if its on a deep discount. retarded? perhaps a bit. Also, I have bought some packs, like the GTA/take2 pack from some years ago, included all the GTA games that I've played before, pluss manhunt or whatever that I've never bothered with, but at the time, it was cheaper or as cheap as the single GTA game I was looking for, so why not? retarded? perhaps.. Also, I know that some people nowadays make a steamaccount for their kids and fill it with cheap and discounted games, its a cool idea, but it leaves some unplayed games..  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2014, 10:44 BicycleRepairMan

Re: the Pi thing, you dont need a shotgun, and you dont need to draw a quarter circle. it seems drawing some lines and tossing a few matches over it will give you just as accurate results with much less counting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVivjuMfWA&noredirect=1  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2014, 10:05 BicycleRepairMan

Lol, that Firefox mobile OS looks almost identical to iOS 7, in fact, with the round icon it looks more iOS7 than iOS7 does, since one of iOS7 main changes was circlifying everything. (ie buttons and sliders etc changed from squares with rounded corners to circles.)  

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
42. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 4, 2014, 04:42 BicycleRepairMan

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 01:35:
Scott Kevill wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 21:37:
Developer of GameRanger here.

Hate seeing this happen. I'm trying to reach out to all affected developers and publishers to see if I can help. Not interested in making anything out of this, just don't want to see multiplayer games die.

Your service is awesome, Scott. Keep up the great work.

Why oh WHY did you not switch the order of "awesome" and "great" in that sentence???!1!11

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
40. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 18:43 BicycleRepairMan

To expand on my thoughts: if privacy isnt dead already, surely FB could end it right now by flicking a switch or two, and that threat is scary as hell. But it's not FB's fault per se, its because we've all signed up and willingly danced naked in their playground.  

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
38. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 18:36 BicycleRepairMan

My big question, and it is a geniune question, why is facebook , as Notch put it, "creepy"? I mean, is it creepy because the people running it is creepy, because they are doing creepy stuff, or is it creepy simply because everyone their mom(literally) is using it? Seems to me, that while you could make an argument for the former, it is more the latter.

I think its helpful to look at MS and windows in this context, people have hated on MS since the 80s/90s for their monopoly on OS's , but now that we can see what a real monopoly can look like (iOS) is what MS did really so bad? Windows remained, for a long time a pretty open system..
My point is, when some company takes over an entire market like that, it serves well to remind ourselves what they COULD do with their awesome power, compared to what they're actually doing.

Just a thought.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2014, 18:45.

News Comments > Funcom Financials Fall
1. Re: Funcom Financials Fall Mar 5, 2014, 18:44 BicycleRepairMan

Funcom is a really sad story, these guys had every opportunity to make some great games after the success of the Longest Journey, but instead of using their momentum to solidify their position, they turned to overambitious shit like conan and secret world, projects that sought to challenge WoW and all the other MMOs out there. They were a small company, and should have gradually built themselves stronger before taking on international giants like blizzard. They could have made some cool smaller games.  

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
11. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 14:56 BicycleRepairMan

Beelzebud wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:27:
Gabe is great, and I love Valve, but let's get real here.

Gabe stood on Alcatraz island at an AMD launch event saying that Half Life 2 was ready to ship, and that it would be bundled with all new AMD cards. 48 hours later he had to admit the game was still at least a year away, and people got cd-key cards instead of a game.

Given his track record, I can see why he keeps quiet about HL3. When he has something to show, we'll all know it.

Yeah, HL2s delay was a major screwup, not the delay itself, but the way it was handled. As I recall, they promised HL2 on something like "sept 30" in May before that september, and then, as the summer went by, they went into some kind of panic mode, and instead of TELLING people that "its not coming out in september" they kept silent, and when they were asked in like late august early september if the game was going to be delayed, they said stupid shit like "Not that we know of..". Most people can deal with and excuse delays, but we dont like being lied to.

I totally understand that they dont want to create that trap for themselves, but it really was a royal screwup that they not only walked into, but kept making worse.

I suppose they have decided not to say anything until the game is nearly complete this time around, but how do you define "nearly"? I suppose when you have the content and game up running and playable start-to-finish, its about halfway there or so...

News Comments > Valve Reddit Interview
5. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 12:21 BicycleRepairMan

ldonyo wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 09:43:
So, instead of announcing products and then being late, Valve just won't announce products at all so they can be on time?

Shh! its their business secret,dont spill the beans here, just steal it, and become the worlds biggest online digital game retailer.

864 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo