Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BubbleMage

Real Name BubbleMage   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BubbleMage
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 30, 2001, 04:52
Total Comments 382 (Amateur)
User ID 10229

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Shrapnel Games Jul 10, 2007, 13:46 BubbleMage

Yeah, Shrapnel almost broke their collective arm patting themselves on the back. Too bad it wasn't their neck; their games are shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PS2: Less Boring than a Girlfriend?
2. No subject Jul 10, 2007, 11:48 BubbleMage

"Single Malt Scotch: Because Your Wife is a Gossipy Ho."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Snooze Jul 9, 2007, 09:04 BubbleMage

This meant that the teeth on the snooze gear had to mesh with the existing gear configuration, leaving engineers with a single choice: They could set the snooze for either a little more than nine minutes, or a little more than 10 minutes.

That smell... is that...? Yes, it is! It's BULLSHIT! Ah, the sweet aroma of Pullus Outofus Assus. There's nothing quite like it, I tell you.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. No subject Jul 6, 2007, 11:51 BubbleMage

Leaving aside all the anti-EA angst for a minute, I like that "Family Play" idea for their sports games on the Wii.

I'm convinced the Wii is one of the best purchases I've ever made, simply because it's accessible to such a wide range of people. I've enjoyed bowling with my 75-year old mother-in-law, watched a wife's friend go from an ardent video game hater ("stupid things are for my kids") to a complete addict in less than 24 hours, and even managed to get my father to take a few swipes at a virtual golf ball.

In short, the Wii is great fun at parties and family events, but the key to its success lies in the control simplicity of Wii Sports. Literally anyone can do it, gamer or no. I think its quite sharp of EA to create a simplified control scheme in something like the Madden franchise. As enjoyable as Madden '07 Wii is for myself and a friend, we're both experienced gamers and ex-jocks; we have strong incentive and a desire to learn and enjoy the more complex control scheme. If you want people to play at parties, however, it has to be as simple as "pick up that white thing and wave it around." (No, the other white thing; put that away.)

Anyhow, smart move by EA -- if they can make it work. The potential of the Wii is huge, but nothing has yet utilized the controller with the elegance of Wii Sports. It's past time for that to change.

7. Re: hah hah Jul 6, 2007, 11:15 BubbleMage

You forgot "never use a manual tool if a power tool is available." My pigheaded insistence on using a power screwdriver where a manual one is clearly indicated has resulted in more than one damaged piece of Target pseudo-furniture, along with the accompanying scolding from the wife unit.

I once told her it would solve the problem if she'd stop buying stuff that requires assembly... I was forced to remove that argument from my list of potential argument-winners; I would advise against its use.

News Comments > On Auto Assault's Crash
8. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2007, 10:35 BubbleMage

If Steve Jackson would let a developer design something around the Car Wars universe, we could have a really fantastic game. Even a simple turn-based, computerized version of the board game would be great. Unfortunately, Jackson appears to have a corncob up his ass about it, so the IP is gradually fading from awareness and into oblivion. I wrote him a letter on this very subject several years ago and received a pretty snotty reply for my troubles.

I remember Car Wars clearly because it was the very first wargame I ever purchased, back when they came in the little plastic baggies at stores like Game Player and Game Peddler. I miss those stores...

News Comments > The Gaming of Business
10. Re: Wow ;) Jun 29, 2007, 11:56 BubbleMage

In corporate America, ninja-looting skills come in very handy. Maxing out your Backstab attack skill is also recommended.

Much like MMOs, crafters are usually salary capped, while people who just walk around in fancy clothes and shout orders over multi-channel communications networks get all the loot.

News Comments > Scallywag: In the Lair of the Medusa Announced
1. No subject Jun 27, 2007, 15:32 BubbleMage

Rapius must also master his lantern...

News Comments > Jumpgate Evolution Announcement
3. No subject Jun 26, 2007, 09:21 BubbleMage

Advanced social aspects of the MMO

Non sequitur.

News Comments > Games Not an Addiction, Yet
6. Re: What about.... Jun 25, 2007, 11:03 BubbleMage

What about if you slam back whiskey like an Irish pimp whilst playing EQ? Does that count as "video game addiction?"

Not, uh, that I'd like... know anything about that...

: :-ahem-: :

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 11:03.

News Comments > Campus Announced
3. Re: awesome Jun 21, 2007, 11:33 BubbleMage

Next up, "Office," the exciting "lifestyle simulation" wherein you can type reports, crunch spreadsheets, attend interminable and pointless meetings, as well as constantly guard yourself against backstabbing colleagues.

What an incredibly, utterly, stupidly boring "game" idea.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 11:33.

10. Re: Green Games Jun 18, 2007, 17:33 BubbleMage

Now that it's pretty much ruined and we're all going to die horribly, mainstream America is starting to care about the environment.

I don't give a damn about the environment(alists). But if it will help them depart this life happier and more rapidly, I'll gladly burn hippies instead of coal to generate electrical power. Just doing my part to make the world a less Green place.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. No subject Jun 11, 2007, 15:34 BubbleMage

Nintendo +150%, Sony -80%. Wowsers.

Interesting article, the more so as it was an unbiased piece of actual journalism appearing in Wired -- a sight even more rare than a Wii on a store shelf.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Carriers at War
1. No subject Jun 8, 2007, 12:48 BubbleMage

There goes fifty bucks outta my wallet. When it comes to WWII naval games, I'm an easier sell than a teenage boy in a whorehouse. I feel so cheap.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. No subject Jun 5, 2007, 09:05 BubbleMage

Considering the two headlines in relation, it might be in Sony's best interest to make the new GoW game for the Wii.

News Comments > 300 & Saw Games Planned
3. Re: Smell a disappoinment? Jun 4, 2007, 11:25 BubbleMage

Average? Are you feeling uncharacteristically charitable today, venomhed?

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Meh Jun 4, 2007, 09:21 BubbleMage

Regular PC users experience few or none of these supposed problems, probably because they tend to prefer playing real PC games on the free net, to playing shitty console ports on a near-pointless premium gaming service.

/agree

4. No subject May 31, 2007, 12:17 BubbleMage

Hehe... He said "tardy."

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kudos: Rock Legend
5. No subject May 30, 2007, 17:03 BubbleMage

Ups: Filthy rich, lotsa free trim.

Down: You try to solve those "problems" by using your head as a buckshot backstop.

10. Re: No subject May 30, 2007, 16:58 BubbleMage

Not truth! I is struck by lightning two one times and still I write real good,

382 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo