Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matthew Braglio

Real Name Matthew Braglio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bronco
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 172282619
Description The Blue's News Reward Program:
200 - slap on the back
500 - punch in the arm
1000 - eye poke
2000 - pink belly
3000 - indian burn
4000 - nuggies
5000 - purple nurple
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 18, 2001, 11:07
Total Comments 3882 (Veteran)
User ID 10139

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2009, 13:05 Bronco

I would gladly buy a new one with a larger hard drive, but am completely put off by the two year contract this will lock me into.

Can you get a replacement unit with the same size hard drive? Maybe that will correct the issue. I'm with Dishnetwork right now until February and I just swapped a receiver for a replacement that fixed my issue and didn't increase my commitment.

I'm using their last generation receivers and DVRs. They won't upgrade me to new ones unless I pay for them and extend my agreement by 2 years. However, if I let my current agreement expire and re-up with them they will send me the new (supposedly better) models and I only need to commit for a year.

What a stupid game to play.

-TPFKAS2S
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Champions Online Event and Free Weekend Plans
3. Re: Champions Online Event and Free Weekend Plans Nov 19, 2009, 13:01 Bronco

Last free weekend I spent the entire 3 days trying to download the freaking patch. At some point on Sunday it was at about 90% done but was frozen again for hours, downloading nothing, so I just said screw it and canceled the whole thing.

Not going to bother this time.

Same here. I figured I would take a look at it on a Friday - when I saw the size of the patch and the speed at which it was downloading I realized this was not the game for me.

-TPFKAS2S

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2009, 16:10 Bronco

After my two-week experience caused by exposure to H1N1, I will be gleefully enjoying the full immunity that has come with recovery. It's not so much the fever, aching, fatigue and sore throat I mind, I can still work with those, but rather, the explosive digestive-system failure was quite obnoxious.

One of my boys tested positive for H1N1 and it kicked the crap out of him several weeks ago. No one else in the family (there are 6 of us) showed any sign of it.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2009, 11:36 Bronco

My MAME cabinet runs full bore now. My boys are going nuts playing it.

http://www.braglio.com/?p=681

What they've enjoyed so far:

Gauntlet - got to level 70ish before I turned it off for the night.

Donkey Kong - only my oldest can get past the first screen. I can get about 6 screens deep now. I don't remember the game being that hard...

Double Dragon - tons of fun

I really need to get a 4 player CP.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2009, 11:37.

-TPFKAS2S

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2009, 11:33 Bronco

Did you ever check out District 9? It comes out on disc at the end of December...

I enjoyed this movie. It was predictable imo but a good watch all the same.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 17, 2009, 09:11 Bronco

Anyone remeber that other top to bottom scroller that had the same controls as Akari Warriors but you travelled through time warps/gates? That was a great game as well - I think only avail in arcade though.

I think you mean Time Soldiers:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10123

or maybe Heavy Barrel

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8094

-TPFKAS2S

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2009, 13:51 Bronco

I went to the dentist yesterday to end the nagging concern of my mother over my oral well-being. After a three-year hiatus involving intermittent brushing habits and copious amounts of sugar I received a clean bill of health. Suck it, lousy dentists. Doc did say I should be flossing, to which I replied, "lordy lordy lordy, I've seen the light, hallelujah, I'ma floss fo SHO, doc!" Then I took the liberty of safely dispensing of my free floss in the nearest trash receptacle.

How old are you? I was just like you till I hit 38 and had my first root canal. I floss every day now.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > World of Warcraft Battle.net Deadline
15. Re: World of Warcraft Battle.net Deadlin Nov 11, 2009, 14:42 Bronco

Yeah I am probably too sensitive to such problems. As I said, it isnt really a problem. The service still works, but for me and others its noticeably slower than before the merge, especially in the account management. Log in in-game takes about 2-3 secs longer than before. account management about 5-10 secs longer.

Oh and btw, I didnt wait until the last day. It was about 2 weeks ago, maybe more. My friend and his wife merged theirs months ago, but he also instantly said that it takes longer to log in now because I asked him about how it works.

But I guess I am really extremely stupid to expect good service from Blizzard. I should put on the blinders like you guys.

So you say it isn't a problem, that it has added at most 3 seconds to logging in to the game and 10 seconds to manage your account.

That is the separation between good service and bad? Three or ten seconds?

Have you ever flown anywhere? How about the DMV or maybe an automechanic? How about a doctors office?

-TPFKAS2S

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2009, 16:06 Bronco

If this is fear mongering, she's doing a pretty poor job of it, IMHO. Most of this is about mandated health care, which I'd think the conservatives would be all for. Right now, taxpayers are carrying the load for all those people who don't have their own health care, and are using the emergency rooms as their primary care. The mandate will make those people take responsibility for their own health care instead of the rest of us paying for them.

From what I've read most of the people that can't afford to pay for their own care will have their insurance subsidized under the house plan.

Here is a decent, relatively simple review of what the plan hopes to accomplish:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2009/11/some-vaguely-heretical-thoughts-on-health-care-reform.html

Note that the author is a liberal and he is pretty blunt about what he thinks the plan accomplishes.

This whole argument reminds me of a sign posted in our local jewish deli. A triangle with the following words at the points: Price, quality, service. Next to that was choose any two.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 16:11.

-TPFKAS2S

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2009, 14:15 Bronco

Betsy is considered a controversial figure by many - that is for sure.

I handle the benefits at my company and spend a fair amount of time each year trying to figure out how to balance the needs of our employees (which includes me of course) along with the overall profitability of our company - it isn't easy.

I haven't had a lot of confidence in our politicians for a long time now and I don't see this passing and being a big plus to an country that can't pay the bills it already owes.

I deal with a lot of government agencies in my job (local, state and federal) and I have to say that the only thing I've ever seen our government do well is kill people and blow things up. Even doing that they run way over budget so I don't see this bill as an 'awesome cheaper for everyone solution'.

Taking a step back from the health care debate and looking at the 'big picture' of the US finances...it's an ugly mess and I don't see any people really working to resolve the issue.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 14:19.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > EA Announces Record Gains, 1500 Job Cuts
24. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 10, 2009, 06:30 Bronco

Are any accountancy/legalese experts able to shed some light on EA's reasoning for the hundreds of millions in "net revenue deferral" for digital content? I've read their description ("Electronic Arts is not able to objectively...") several times, but I can't work out what the $359 million figure actually represents. Are they bringing forward expected future revenue, claiming that the costs of development are one-off unusual expenses, or something else?

Here is where they address it:

Change in Deferred Net Revenue (Packaged Goods and Digital Content). Electronic Arts is not able to objectively determine the fair value of the online service included in certain of its packaged goods and digital content. As a result, the Company recognizes the revenue from the sale of these games and content over the estimated online service period. In other transactions, at the date we sell the software product we have an obligation to provide incremental unspecified digital content in the future without an additional fee. In these cases, we account for the sale of the software product as a multiple element arrangement and recognize the revenue on a straight-line basis over the estimated life of the game.

In other words they don't feel that the actual revenue would match simply when the sale happens - it will happen sometime in 'the future' so they defer the revenue.

Take some of those silly kids online games like Webkins - I don't know if they are a part of them in particular but just use them as an example. When you purchase the toy you get the ability to go online and use the toy companies online 'stuff'. They don't know when you will use that, in most cases you have a year. So they are trying to move the revenue to a period when the expense will happen.

I could be totally in left field here - but that is what it looks like to me. Revenue/expense matching.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2009, 06:53.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 6, 2009, 14:50 Bronco

You both made me sad. I clicked thinking I would see feedback and all I got was a rotten carcass of a sleeping bag.

It was warm tho...

-TPFKAS2S

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 12:43 Bronco

Okay, here's the deal with ads.

He proved us both wrong nin.

-TPFKAS2S

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2009, 11:56 Bronco

Dumb question since i don't know about how ads work on websites, but do you get money when we click on the ads or do you just get money for them being on the site regardless of whether we click them or not?

I don't recall Blue ever answering this question. I think it has something to do with the contract he must sign to place the ads.

Who knows, maybe this will be the time he answers!

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2009, 11:56.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 6, 2009, 11:32 Bronco

Anyone ever buy or get to play the GP2X? Looks nice.  

-TPFKAS2S

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2009, 11:12 Bronco

*cough*stoppissinginthewindninallyoudoisgetwet*cough*  

-TPFKAS2S

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2009, 10:18 Bronco

The last time I voted, I was amazed I was not asked for any kind of ID whatsoever. I game my name and address and that was it. To me, that just screams potential vote fraud...

Didn't they have a signature check? In my area they have a book with everyone's listed next to it. I guess you could fake it anyway.

-TPFKAS2S

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2009, 11:58 Bronco

Today is day two of our ad-free liberation, I'm not sure if the new ads will go up today or not. If you missed it yesterday, we are no longer part of the UGO network, and our goal going forward is to not see a return of the intrusive pop-up style advertising that has driven away some readers and driven others into the arms of ad blockers.

So now you wait and see if the less intrusive stuff can foot the bills and if not....?

Wait another month or two for the next update?

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > WoW Dungeon System Plans
18. Re: New WoW Dungeon System Plans Oct 29, 2009, 15:12 Bronco

I absolutely hate PUG tanks, more often than not they're idiots who think being a good tank means flying through disregarding the rest of the group, like whether the healer needs mana, or if people are actually ready to move on. /rant

Had one of those the other night, and the other 4 of us were ready to kill him, after he kept getting us killed on a heroic 5 man.

Like someone else mentioned - I never really had to PUG stuff as I was in a progression minded guild.

That said, I'd bet that the state of tanks and healers for that matter got worse once the dual spec option popped up. Nothing worse than a tanking or healing class that only do it when they absolutely have to do it.

-TPFKAS2S

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2009, 10:55 Bronco

It's the sleeper game of the season, and I really hope it sells for them.

I played the demo.

For $20...I can't complain and I will probably get it anyway...

My fear however, is that this game might be a mile wide but only an inch deep. For those that have played the full game - is this the case?

I enjoyed Diablo I & II but they were a bit flat as well in the depth department imo.

-TPFKAS2S

3882 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo