Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matthew Braglio

Real Name Matthew Braglio   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bronco
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 172282619
Description The Blue's News Reward Program:
200 - slap on the back
500 - punch in the arm
1000 - eye poke
2000 - pink belly
3000 - indian burn
4000 - nuggies
5000 - purple nurple
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 18, 2001, 11:07
Total Comments 3882 (Veteran)
User ID 10139

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Wyoming Nov 15, 2013, 08:09 Bronco

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:30:
No, that's not true. These are guys I've known for years and trust. Besides I've never seen a water heater break down in my life. And if they are breaking down, that means more work for them so they'd be encouraging people to buy them. I dunno haven't really done much research on them to be honest. So long as I have hot water, I'm happy. And living in where we do, Bats, it's not like we lack fresh water. Sorry to all you fuckers that live in the deserts but that's the tradeoff, you get hot and dry, we get wet and cold.

If you live in an area with relatively hard water (ground water or most water on the Eastern side of the US [dunno about Canada]) you have hard water. With hard water you can expect a typical gas or electric hot water heater to last 10 years on average. Anything past that even with maintenance is living on borrowed time.

When they go it can be very bad. One thing to check from time to time is the pressure relief valve at the top of the tank:

How to test your relief valve.

It is my understanding that the main reason that people don't go with the tankless heaters vs. the old style is cost and return on investment. On average people move from a home before they can achieve the cost savings you would see from installing a more expensive tankless heater vs the old style.

-TPFKAS2S
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 10:32 Bronco

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:15:

I can't remember what game I was playing online where I bumped into a "Sixis", but he said he never heard of Blue's. It was a couple of years ago...

The last time I traded emails with him was November of 2008. He was pissed about some changes they made to Ret Paladins. He told me he had no desire to play Wrath.

I reached out a few more times to him but never got any kind of a response. He and I had become pretty good friends and it was odd for him to just drop off the earth like that.

-TPFKAS2S

42. Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 10:27 Bronco

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 08:57:

Glad you are doing well sir. 5? sheesh. I am busy with 1.

One with two parents is fairly easy - that's double coverage.

Two you switch to man to man, still ok.

Anything over three and now you are in a zone defense and well, they suck.

My oldest is 15 now and my youngest is 3. I've done a fair job of raising gaming enthusiasts although I really don't get the obsession with Minecraft. If I think of how many clients I've paid for it makes me sick.

-TPFKAS2S

39. Wyoming Nov 14, 2013, 08:12 Bronco

I think Bronco still lurks on rare occasion but Warhawk has been gone a long time. Sixis too.

I'm here from time to time.

After beating my WoW addiction I've stayed away from gaming. Something about having 5 kids limits your free time as well.

Sixis totally vanished off the face of the earth, never returned at least a dozen emails I sent to him. Hope he's doing well.

-TPFKAS2S

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2012, 11:53 Bronco

Is it that I'm just too old to 'get' Minecraft?

Seriously, my kids love it, purchased the PC client and the xbox client.

I watch them play and think - meh.

-TPFKAS2S

34. Late to the part Jun 20, 2012, 08:26 Bronco

I only had 5 minutes to play with it last night but it looks like my Razer mouse was causing the issue. I disabled the acceleration via the Razer GUI and it looks like the UI is now acting appropriately.

Now maybe I can actually play the game.

Thanks again.

-TPFKAS2S

12. Re: Late to the Party Jun 19, 2012, 13:09 Bronco

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 11:59:
Bronco wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 11:27:

Did you install any mods? It sounds as if the menu flash file might be broken or something. You've definitely got some massive bugs going on. If you got it off Steam, I'd try verifying all your files and make sure they're okay. Alternatively, if your pipe's big enough, you could try redownloading the whole thing.

I have zero mods installed. I did read something about Razer mice having built in acceleration and disabling that may help...going to try it tonight.

As for how shitty the menus are, get SkyUI

I will look at that as well.

There is no character manager in Skyrim, for whatever retarded reason (I mean, shit, even BIOWARE could figure out how to code that), so I always just make backups of the save folder and title them per character. There's undoubtedly a mod out for it, though...

Yep, Here it is

I got so pissed at my kid - I thought he had deleted my character. Turns out nope - just a shitty save system. I had a program that I got off of Nexusmods that was supposed to allow you to switch between characters - it fucks up saving your info to the cloud though...

Hope that helps, man. You could post a thread on the Skyrim technical support forums, they're usually pretty good at getting stuff resolved.

Creston

I hope so too. I have so little time to play anymore, losing even 30 minutes to shit like this sometimes kills 50% of my play time for the week!

I worry about posting to technical forums about stuff like this that was probably resolved months ago - fear of being outed as the noob I am I guess.

Thanks again to all of you.

-TPFKAS2S

5. Late to the party Jun 19, 2012, 11:27 Bronco

I know, I know. I finally sat down and started playing Skyrim (PC version). I have about 6 hours into it and I'm growing increasingly frustrated with menu system that does the following:

1. Right now I can't move between the perks to see the options. I'm locked on Destruction and no amount of mouse moves, key strokes nothing will budge it off that choice. I get the sound effect that I'm at the end of a menu no matter what I try to do to move to another perk. I can explore the Destruction perk and I'm sure I could select one of those perks if I wanted to - I just can't move to say Heavy Armor or any other choice. It's been like this for 2 levels now.

2. The other menus are freaky as well. Sometimes when I'm in the dialog selection screen no mater what I do (mouse or movement keys) I can only select 1 of the speech options. An alt-F4 (can't select quit from the menu either) and reboot makes it work for a short period of time.

3. Inventory lists with too many items to list on the screen at once fly by at the speed of light from top to bottom. Want an item in the middle? Too bad.

4. Saving the game - you can quick save, but you can't select 'New Save' for all of the above reasons.

I made the .inf changes to disable mouse smoothing/acceleration. I turned off vsync also via .inf changes. They seem to fix the issue - but it may just be due to the reboot that it's working for a while before it starts again.

How did all of you manage multiple characters? I bought the game aproximately 2 months ago, played it for 3 hours then my son played and his character and the saves for that character overwrote mine? Now I won't let him play for fear he will erase all of my progress.

The game itself is pretty good. I'm not sure it's worth the frustration however.

I did read in one place that my mouse may be the culprit. I find this hard to believe as I haven't had these issues with other games and I don't mind using the movement keys. I do believe my video drivers are up to date as well but will check that when I get home.

Then again maybe I just need to upgrade/buy a new PC - it's been a while...

Thanks for any advice I get.

-TPFKAS2S

14. Re:Wyoming Jun 12, 2012, 17:29 Bronco

Sadly real life (business, family, etc.) has really cramped my gaming style.

I do stop by here and read every week or so but since I don't play games anymore I don't have a lot of input.

-TPFKAS2S

8. Wyoming Jun 12, 2012, 13:48 Bronco

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 12:04:
Speaking of which, has anyone ever been through Wyoming? I haven't as of yet, but would like to check out some of it as I understand it's very beauttiful country.I was thinking about going to the Natural Bridges Monument in Utah for some camping in late summer/early fall and reckoned I might swing on into Wyoming whilst I'm out that way. Mebbe just drive across through and hit South Dakota too as I've always wanted to see Mount Rushmore. Whilst I've been all over the east, west, and southern US many times I've missed most of the stuff in the middle so far.

I've been through Wyoming twice. First via Omaha, through Nebraska into Wyoming stopping at Devils Tower stopping in Jackson Hole, stayed in Jackson for a week to see the Tetons and Yellowstone. Then headed up into Montana for Big Sky then back through South Dakota to see Mt Rushmore on my way home. Great trip.

My second trip we flew into Denver, stopped in Estes Park and camped in Rocky Mountain National Park then drove a straight shot from Estes Park to Jackson and spent 6 or so days again in the Tetons and Yellowstone.

It really is great country, I can't wait to take the kids out there in 3 years.

-TPFKAS2S

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2011, 12:34 Bronco

I'm only 3 chapters into the SP story - really enjoying it so far.

One question regarding the Co-op - do they provide any kind of match making service - I don't have a lot of options for that sort of stuff.

-TPFKAS2S

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2010, 08:37 Bronco

WarPig wrote on Dec 19, 2010, 16:23:
Wow! One of the most amazing games I've ever seen.

(Sorry Blue)

Yes it was. I was in depths of depression watching the first half. My oldest son gave up and went to play WoW when they were down by 2. I stuck with it out of some sort of morbid curiosity.

It was a nice payoff for me. Made my weekend.

-TPFKAS2S

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2010, 14:55 Bronco

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 14:21:
I ended up missing a week of work when I caught it. One of my coworkers I gave it to vomited once, spent the rest of the day coughing, and was back the next day.

One of my four boys caught it on a camping trip. We kept him in his room for 4 days with plenty of fluids and thankfully no one else in the house caught it. We were worried because at the time my wife was pregnant. The Flu knocked my son on his ass and he lost some weight but all in all it wasn't any worse than the regular flu for him.

-TPFKAS2S

20. Re: Today Mar 23, 2010, 19:46 Bronco

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 13:56:
Just realized I actually registered before both you guys
I've been lurking on Blues for a long time. Still check this site every single day for my gaming news, kudos to you Mister Blues.

The really old timers haven't gotten around to posting yet I guess.

-TPFKAS2S

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2010, 15:35 Bronco

My guess is M.

Now I have to find an avatar for here...thanks Frans for this new feature.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > Portal 2 Announced
16. Re: Portal 2 Announced Mar 5, 2010, 14:36 Bronco

I'm all for more Portal but how do you top this?

It really was a fantastic ending.

Can't wait to see 2.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > Blur and Twitter
3. Re: Blur and Twitter Feb 24, 2010, 16:14 Bronco

I wonder how many of these stream of consciousness social media contraptions go un-viewed every day. If you tweet and no one reads it..does it exist?

What a waste of energy.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm
33. Re: No More WoW Tiered Raids Before Cataclysm Feb 15, 2010, 09:50 Bronco

Keep in mind they'll surely be doing events as buildup for the release. That would keep people busy and not require the amount of fine tuning of a dungeon.

I have no idea how difficult the hard modes of ICC will be but I imagine they will get whacked with the nerf bat just like SWP did a month or two before the release of WotLK. They will also release the new talent trees in a patch before the next xpac further simplifying existing content.

That alone is usually enough to get people that were debating quitting to come back and see what is new. Let alone all the world events they will throw in to the mix.

I managed to be in the position of completing all available raid content 2X before the next tier was released. It does get boring but what do you expect when you run ahead and blow through it super fast?

-TPFKAS2S

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2010, 13:01 Bronco

People can't find jobs in Canada anymore than they can the U.S. and yet the government has dropped close to 10 billion dollars on this bullshit. Close to 2 billion of it just on security apparently. WTF???

Somebody got a job out of that 10B right?

I agree with you on the stupidity of the event itself, between the doping and the endless sob stories about the athletes the networks push on the viewer...blech.

-TPFKAS2S

News Comments > LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars Announced
6. Re: LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars Announced Feb 8, 2010, 14:23 Bronco

my son will love this game as he has all other lego games

My guys eat these up too. I'm not sure what Lucas would think of my kids going on rampages killing everyone in the lobby over and over again - not exactly canon...

-TPFKAS2S

3882 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo