Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7415 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Free MW4 "Very Shortly"
2. Re: Free MW4 "Very Shortly" Sep 4, 2009, 18:09 Hump

These guys have done an enormous amount of work for Mechwarrior/Battletech community. They deserve support. If you have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket, send it to them.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Legal Conflict
23. Re: MechWarrior Legal Conflict Sep 4, 2009, 13:59 Hump

That's not quite how trademarks work. If you don't enforce them, you establish a precedent, and before you know it everyone uses your stuff.

and thats the crux of the problem with copyright law. Creativity doesn't look towards the courts for inspiration, the best art is made by taking inspiration from what others have done before.

Anyhow, the author of the IGN piece is being a bit over-dramatic when he said it could put the future of the series in "jeopardy". Like someone said, they'll simply omit these mechs like they've done before.

I do agree though that using these mechs was a pretty idiotic move. Weisman, more than anyone, knows how Harmony Gold is. When I saw the Warhammer in the vid I was psyched because i assumed they had gotten permission. Evidently I give folks too much credit.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Atari Responds to Turbine Lawsuit
2. Re: Atari Responds to Turbine Lawsuit Sep 3, 2009, 16:17 Hump

They have also filed a counteraction, which presumably is no such disservice....

lol.....more glib Blue please Wacko

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2009, 21:51 Hump

Stephen, don't feel bad. I've had to cancel several blood tests due to my inability to forgo my morning cup. If you leave out the creamer/milk and sugar you'll be ok.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerrilla PC Added Content
3. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla PC Added Content Sep 2, 2009, 21:22 Hump

Please include an SDK......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > UT3: Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4
4. Re: UT3: Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4 Sep 2, 2009, 17:16 Hump

I've got to hand it to Epic. Even though this is a community pack they are still willing to expend the few bucks that it takes to make it happen even though the game essentially tanked at retail.  

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2009, 11:06 Hump

Just read the piece. He sounded like a helluva guy. He must've been a rare bird since he spoke to people directly and to the point. Something almost entirely lacking in 99% of the white collar managerial population.

Shotgun to the head.....that is hardcore balls. I'd be scared of lethal injection FFS, never mind something as spectacularly painful as Dick Egans way out.

*raises a glass* Cheers

- Jim Goad

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Homeless Game Sep 1, 2009, 10:15 Hump

It's a disgrace, it's degrading, it's humiliating to make the homeless the butt of derision. The image portrayed is exactly the one against which we've been trying to fight.

No, what homeless advocates do is try to MAKE stereotype of the homeless as somehow being victimized by the system. That applies to perhaps 1% of all cases. Having spent a few years on and off the street myself I got to see things from both sides. Advocates, while meaning well, can actually do more harm than good. Theres a 15% part of the homeless population that are mentally ill. They truly need help. Needed medications are often difficult to get on a monthly basis. The rest? They were like I was. Living on the fringe due to self-centered infantile behavior (mainly, drugs and drinking). There were no "families" who caught a bad break due to lay-offs etc. Never saw a single one. Advocates essentially "train" them to beleive that they aren't responsible for where they are, that they "fell through the cracks". They initiate them with standardized PC-speak etc. It's why when I read this kind of shit that's in the article I get annoyed as hell. Ironically the game actually shows what they need to do (in a sort of twisted way) which is to drop the drink/drugs, get off your ass and get a steady source of income.

Again, the stereotype of a bum isn't a stereotype, it's accurate. Its ultra liberal politicos (I'm a centrist/moderate in case anyone accuses me of being on the right), counselors agencies that paint a skewed picture of homelessness. "Respect" is earned and "dignity" is up to the person themselves by choosing how to behave. No one "owes" them anything.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Postal III Interview
11. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:58 Hump

Cuz sick fucks like me buy their games. How I love kicking a urine soaked head down the street. Can't wait.

we ALL like kicking "urine soaked heads" down the street. The problem is making it fun. Postal 2 was NOT fun for the majority of people. As someone mentioned they tried to be shocking but didn't have the talent to pull it off in a manner that was entertaining. I'd love a game where I could douse old lady's with gasoline and light them on fire but if all they do is scream once and dissolve into a few pixels then you lost me.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
15. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:49 Hump

The original Halo on PC was very well done, especially after it was patched.

The original release of Halo is why Gearbox catches so much shit to this day. There was a bug that messed with the games framerate (I beleive it affected Ati users especially but I'm a bit foggy on the whole thing) and R. Pitchford insisted it wasn't the fault of the game. Unfortunately it WAS the game and once fixed the game ran like melted butter. He apologized but people never forgot.

Its unfortunate because Halo/Halo CE is far more fun on the PC than it ever was on the Xbox. Also, go play the PC port of Halo 2 which was done by Bungie/MS and you'll find one of the absolute WORST console-to-PC ports in existence. I'm not exaggerating.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
2. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 31, 2009, 13:07 Hump

DuvalMagic needs a trip to the Xanax factory. Man he's wound up.

Game looks awesome though.....

It'll also be the first Gearbox project worth a damn!

Opposing Force was bad? Bros. In Arms was bad? Once patched the Halo port was excellent, not to mention Halo CE which flew under most peoples radar. The only game that wasn't up to snuff IMO was Hells Highway.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 13:11.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Postal III Interview
2. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 09:35 Hump

how most of the poor reviews of the first two game were written by "douchebags,"

Maybe I'm way off base here but I'm guessing that the one thing you want to do when you make a shooter is make the shooting part fun.

The game had a few fun ideas but it was ruined by the incredibly dull combat. All the goofy novelty weapons in the world won't make up for that.

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Monkey Island drink Aug 30, 2009, 16:35 Hump

Its not like the guy was an old man and completely PC illiterate. I'm 47 and never played MI but I sure as hell know what the fucking smiley looks like and ...well...and maybe I'm being too careful here.... but I would have stopped at the "SULFURIC ACID" for chirssakes and thought twice.

what a fucking douchebag

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2009, 15:07 Hump

OSC is a hack, always has been. I read a ton of Sci-Fi and could never get through one of his books from start to finish. Abysmal shiite.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > RAGE Interview
1. Re: RAGE Interview Aug 29, 2009, 14:17 Hump

JC sure is in love with the Iphone as a game platform.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Video Games and sex Aug 28, 2009, 15:14 Hump

Looks like the author drank the feminist kool-aide.

This is a boring mechanic in games and dangerously dehumanizing behavior in real life.

Someone hand this man his testicles back please.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Clips
5. Re: Modern Warfare Clips Aug 28, 2009, 12:08 Hump

Do we know if this has split-screen co-op yet?

I'd imagine they could do it it if they have co-op implemented.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2009, 12:09.

- Jim Goad

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2009, 11:03 Hump

Typical Italian, trying to fuck everything in sight... Tongue  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Project Entropia now Planet Calypso
3. Re: Project Entropia now Planet Calypso Aug 27, 2009, 21:52 Hump

Installed it, "played" it for about 2 hours. Forget participating unless you cough up some cash. When it was first announced they claimed that one could play for free with lower end weapons etc. They've dropped that pretense. Looks like it could get expensive pretty quickly.

The art direction is really bad. Many features are still offline from what I'm told. Not all that impressed.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Splash Damage on Brink, Brink 2, and Brink 3
1. Re: Splash Damage on Brink, Brink 2, and Brink 3 Aug 27, 2009, 19:47 Hump

Vague and annoying.  

- Jim Goad

7415 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo