Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7393 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Banking Story
1. Re: EVE Online Banking Story Aug 26, 2009, 12:54 Hump

Bernie Madoff in Eve?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Weisman: MS "Destroyed" FASA Dev Culture
11. Re: Weisman: MS "Destroyed" FASA Dev Culture Aug 26, 2009, 12:25 Hump

Some of the FASA devs used to hang around on Mechwarrior 4 IRC channel. All of them said they loved working there (MS). I guess this took place later, during Shadowrun's development.  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > More on id and Linux
8. Re: More on id and Linux Aug 23, 2009, 18:50 Hump

If there are hundreds of thousands of linux users playing Quake Live when we are done with Rage, that would certainly influence our decision...

said chances are pretty much nil.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Going Back to Kali
5. Re: Going Back to Kali Aug 23, 2009, 16:53 Hump

I wonder if my lifetime membership is still good?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Video Games & Compulsive Gambling
5. Re: Video Games & Compulsive Gambling Aug 23, 2009, 13:39 Hump

Correlation equals not causation.

do you park your cars side by each? Aww

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Wolfenstein MP Feedback
20. Re: Wolfenstein MP Feedback Aug 23, 2009, 12:42 Hump

I'm heading towards the final boss fight in the game. I can't help but notice just how many similarities to Timeshift Wolfenstein has. The powers (how they're divided into different abilities), the NPC types and the levels. Even the story in some instances.

I will say the game has picked up a bit towards the end here. I just wish the whole game had been this fun.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2009, 12:44.

- Jim Goad

18. Re: Wolfenstein MP Feedback Aug 23, 2009, 10:49 Hump

It's a fun game... good looking for the most part, cool enemies and weapons... calm down and roll with it.

NO!....I don't like it! You're stupid.....YOU'RE ALL STUPID!

*runs away crying like a little girl*

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Wolfenstein MP Feedback Aug 22, 2009, 16:58 Hump

I just don't understand why Raven was allowed to release this pile of shit to begin with. 4 years in development?? Did ANYONE from iD stop by and see how work was progressing (do they even have a connection to the IP at all?)? Barring that how about their own principals? Raven didn't get to be where they are by making such generic shiite (well, not of this caliber anyhow). This is a new low-water mark for them.

A lot of people ragged on Timeshift but at least it had more fun moments than this.....whatever it is.

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Wolfenstein MP Feedback Aug 22, 2009, 13:55 Hump

Probably one of the most mediocre games I've played in a long time.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PC Battlefield 1943 Delay
32. Re: Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 22, 2009, 11:57 Hump

You cannot play the console version against the PC version as far as I have heard. So how would it affect console sales?

The logic of publishers is that if people receive the PC version free (easily done as we all know) they won't spend the money on the console version (private servers for pirated versions of games are all over the place now). Then there's DLC. the 360 version will most certainly get DLC that can be charged for (particularly now that its such a huge seller) while the PC user base has shown a significant resistance to paying for what they deem to be "part of the game". It would be a PR nightmare to resolve the two camps.

They probably planned to release the PC version a couple of months after console demand died down but sales are still booming.
EA/DICE have repeatedly said they were surprised at just how popular the port has turned out to be hence my theory that the "much work still to be done on the PC version" is utter crap. Especially in light of just how far back its been pushed. DICE is too experienced to have missed the mark by that long.

Maybe I'm wrong but there's just too many publishers engaging in this practice now for me to actually beleive a small-ish game like this is having such a hard time getting its PC port out the door.

Whatever.

I played the 360 version and its not my cup of tea anyway. I'd rather reinstall BF42 or go play the BF2 versions of the same maps.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2009, 11:58.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Raven Squad
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Raven Squad Aug 22, 2009, 07:44 Hump

comedy in video games rarely works out (Citizen Kabuto/Armed & Dangerous notwithstanding).  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Avatar: The Game Trailer
10. Re: Avatar: The Game Trailer Aug 21, 2009, 15:04 Hump

http://img.denihilation.com/delgovatar.html

jesus.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Avatar: The Game Trailer
7. Re: Avatar: The Game Trailer Aug 21, 2009, 14:25 Hump

Its like an interactive Roger Dean artwork. Gorgeous.  

- Jim Goad

24. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 08:31 Hump

Yeah that might make sense except... this... is... a... live... game...

meaning....?

- Jim Goad

20. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 07:44 Hump

Another American economics failure comment. So you're going to tell me that they would skip the holiday XMas grab and push to next year? What a tool. If they did what you stated, they would simply release this game around Thanksgiving or mid December to get the christmas, oops, sorry, politically correct America now, "holiday" cash grab.

seeing your a fucking pro at economics you should know that sales of consoles vs PC is somewhere around 10-1. Its not out the realm of possibility that they would delay the PC release in order to maximize console sales.

To those that said I'm full of shit, you guys seem to forget that many of the current cross-platform titles now being released sees the PC version not being released for at least two months AFTER the console version. Its to prevent cannibalizing of the console sales. Some publishers admit to the practice, some like to use the insulting "we're holding back to polish it".

- Jim Goad

8. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 01:55 Hump

Sorry but I'm not buying this line a horseshit.

The game ended up breaking all kinds of sales records for Xbox Live! and sales are still strong. To put it simply they (MS) are scared to death of everyone grabbing the PC version illegally which they beleive will end up cannibalizing sales from the 360.

a Month delay....I might beleive them, but, I seriously doubt that DICE's ship estimate would miss by such a large margin.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Win7 120 for Free Aug 20, 2009, 22:42 Hump

I've got the feeling that this will be the last build of Windows that people will be willing to pay for. If MS wants to stay in the OS game they better start thinking of other revenue streams before Google and several other entities start rolling out their own free alternatives.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On BioShock 2 Release Dates
3. Re: On BioShock 2 Release Dates Aug 20, 2009, 18:53 Hump

for some reason I just can't myself excited about this sequel even though I loved the original. Maybe because much of the original team isn't working on it?......I dunno.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mercenary Wars Announced
3. Re: Mercenary Wars Announced Aug 19, 2009, 19:27 Hump

Nooop, this looks like a reissue of the Termite/P3i game New World Order that's over six years old -- the game was made in Sweden...

wow, that's going way back. People were so psyched about that game (me included) but what eventually got released was an unfinished buggy mess.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Fallen Earth Beta Opens, Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Fallen Earth Beta Opens, Preorder Bonus Aug 19, 2009, 18:55 Hump

Ant, by all means, give it a try. Just keep your expectations rather low.  

- Jim Goad

7393 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo