Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7381 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Avatar: The Game Trailer
7. Re: Avatar: The Game Trailer Aug 21, 2009, 14:25 Hump

Its like an interactive Roger Dean artwork. Gorgeous.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Battlefield 1943 Delay
24. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 08:31 Hump

Yeah that might make sense except... this... is... a... live... game...

meaning....?

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

20. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 07:44 Hump

Another American economics failure comment. So you're going to tell me that they would skip the holiday XMas grab and push to next year? What a tool. If they did what you stated, they would simply release this game around Thanksgiving or mid December to get the christmas, oops, sorry, politically correct America now, "holiday" cash grab.

seeing your a fucking pro at economics you should know that sales of consoles vs PC is somewhere around 10-1. Its not out the realm of possibility that they would delay the PC release in order to maximize console sales.

To those that said I'm full of shit, you guys seem to forget that many of the current cross-platform titles now being released sees the PC version not being released for at least two months AFTER the console version. Its to prevent cannibalizing of the console sales. Some publishers admit to the practice, some like to use the insulting "we're holding back to polish it".

- Jim Goad

8. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Delay Aug 21, 2009, 01:55 Hump

Sorry but I'm not buying this line a horseshit.

The game ended up breaking all kinds of sales records for Xbox Live! and sales are still strong. To put it simply they (MS) are scared to death of everyone grabbing the PC version illegally which they beleive will end up cannibalizing sales from the 360.

a Month delay....I might beleive them, but, I seriously doubt that DICE's ship estimate would miss by such a large margin.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Win7 120 for Free Aug 20, 2009, 22:42 Hump

I've got the feeling that this will be the last build of Windows that people will be willing to pay for. If MS wants to stay in the OS game they better start thinking of other revenue streams before Google and several other entities start rolling out their own free alternatives.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On BioShock 2 Release Dates
3. Re: On BioShock 2 Release Dates Aug 20, 2009, 18:53 Hump

for some reason I just can't myself excited about this sequel even though I loved the original. Maybe because much of the original team isn't working on it?......I dunno.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mercenary Wars Announced
3. Re: Mercenary Wars Announced Aug 19, 2009, 19:27 Hump

Nooop, this looks like a reissue of the Termite/P3i game New World Order that's over six years old -- the game was made in Sweden...

wow, that's going way back. People were so psyched about that game (me included) but what eventually got released was an unfinished buggy mess.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Fallen Earth Beta Opens, Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Fallen Earth Beta Opens, Preorder Bonus Aug 19, 2009, 18:55 Hump

Ant, by all means, give it a try. Just keep your expectations rather low.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mercenary Wars Announced
1. Re: Mercenary Wars Announced Aug 19, 2009, 17:26 Hump

another Asian made Counter-Strike clone. I've lost count of just how many of these things are out there at the moment.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Wolfenstein Layoffs
22. Re: Wolfenstein Layoffs Aug 18, 2009, 19:44 Hump

I was trying to find an image of Sylvester the Cat kicking out granny in that send up of the big bad wolf but evidently N.O.W. had the cartoon banned for depicting images of violence against women.

Fucking cunts.

Anyhow, all my best to the team that got laid off.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wolfenstein
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wolfenstein Aug 18, 2009, 14:11 Hump

As much as I hate Activision I applaud the fact that they aren't afraid to ship PC version at the same time as the console counterparts.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > No APB Subscription Fees
2. Re: No APB Subscription Fees Aug 17, 2009, 15:13 Hump

From reading the APB website, this won't be a MMOG in the traditional sense. It seems more like GTA with some Diablo-esque persistancy.

Sounds good to me......

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2009, 11:41 Hump

After getting past the image of what could have happened if I had been working on the tire when the car fell,

I always have this scenario in the back of my head when I'm replacing my brake pads. I have to stick my head into the wheel well so I can see behind the rotor/caliper assembly.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Fallen Earth Beta Sign-ups
10. Re: Fallen Earth Beta Sign-ups Aug 17, 2009, 01:29 Hump

BAH! I thought because I was registered with FilePlanet, I could participate. Nope - you have to have a paid subscription, as Dev pointed out.

Trust me when I tell you, you're not missing anything. As someone said, it has a few neat ideas for an MMOG but the execution is godawful.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Chromehounds Aug 16, 2009, 20:08 Hump

What really pisses me off is that Chromehounds, at the 3rd week of its release, had almost as many people playing online as there were in Halo 2....the Xbox Live! leader at the time. The dev team did a great job of getting the basic gameplay implemented and had they been given more support from Sega for server optimization and steady stream of new content (ie; energy weapons, a proper first person view, maps, gametypes etc) the community would have flourished. Instead they completely ignored the IP.

Sega sucks a bag of dicks!

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Planet Calypso Aug 16, 2009, 17:02 Hump

"Planet Calypso"??

Well, at least the new name matches the games' horrifically bad art direction.

It's also pretty telling that they haven't uploaded any new media of what the game looks like running under Cry2 since they first announced the switch about 2 years ago. All they have is a "video" which turns out to be a handful of static screenshots with a dynamic viewpoint filter.

They can spend a fortune on the best technology but if the artists suck then it's still going to look like shit.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: The King Aug 16, 2009, 14:22 Hump

The guy ate for breakfast 2 lbs of dixie bacon, a dozen eggs, biscuits & gravy, pancakes etc. No wonder he died on the can. His dumps must've been like giving birth.

I wonder how many towel racks he ripped off the wall while trying to shit?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe
5. Re: Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe Aug 15, 2009, 15:20 Hump

I'm a hardcore FPS fan but Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series is about the only traditional high fantasy RPG that I enjoy (I actually enjoyed Oblivion more than Fallout 3 for some reason). I'd love to see them do an ES MMO.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams
24. Re: RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams Aug 14, 2009, 08:16 Hump

typical Blues thread on a game no one has played yet...90% negative 10% looks cool, can't wait.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Demo
7. Re: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Demo Aug 13, 2009, 12:15 Hump

It has a great narrative, voice acting is excellent. Its one of the few games I've played where the devs got the mix of cinematic and combat perfectly.

Having said that, I prefer the more free-form feel of the first game.

- Jim Goad

7381 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo