Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7407 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Postal III Interview
11. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:58 Hump

Cuz sick fucks like me buy their games. How I love kicking a urine soaked head down the street. Can't wait.

we ALL like kicking "urine soaked heads" down the street. The problem is making it fun. Postal 2 was NOT fun for the majority of people. As someone mentioned they tried to be shocking but didn't have the talent to pull it off in a manner that was entertaining. I'd love a game where I could douse old lady's with gasoline and light them on fire but if all they do is scream once and dissolve into a few pixels then you lost me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
15. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 31, 2009, 16:49 Hump

The original Halo on PC was very well done, especially after it was patched.

The original release of Halo is why Gearbox catches so much shit to this day. There was a bug that messed with the games framerate (I beleive it affected Ati users especially but I'm a bit foggy on the whole thing) and R. Pitchford insisted it wasn't the fault of the game. Unfortunately it WAS the game and once fixed the game ran like melted butter. He apologized but people never forgot.

Its unfortunate because Halo/Halo CE is far more fun on the PC than it ever was on the Xbox. Also, go play the PC port of Halo 2 which was done by Bungie/MS and you'll find one of the absolute WORST console-to-PC ports in existence. I'm not exaggerating.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
2. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 31, 2009, 13:07 Hump

DuvalMagic needs a trip to the Xanax factory. Man he's wound up.

Game looks awesome though.....

It'll also be the first Gearbox project worth a damn!

Opposing Force was bad? Bros. In Arms was bad? Once patched the Halo port was excellent, not to mention Halo CE which flew under most peoples radar. The only game that wasn't up to snuff IMO was Hells Highway.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2009, 13:11.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Postal III Interview
2. Re: Postal III Interview Aug 31, 2009, 09:35 Hump

how most of the poor reviews of the first two game were written by "douchebags,"

Maybe I'm way off base here but I'm guessing that the one thing you want to do when you make a shooter is make the shooting part fun.

The game had a few fun ideas but it was ruined by the incredibly dull combat. All the goofy novelty weapons in the world won't make up for that.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Monkey Island drink Aug 30, 2009, 16:35 Hump

Its not like the guy was an old man and completely PC illiterate. I'm 47 and never played MI but I sure as hell know what the fucking smiley looks like and ...well...and maybe I'm being too careful here.... but I would have stopped at the "SULFURIC ACID" for chirssakes and thought twice.

what a fucking douchebag

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2009, 15:07 Hump

OSC is a hack, always has been. I read a ton of Sci-Fi and could never get through one of his books from start to finish. Abysmal shiite.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > RAGE Interview
1. Re: RAGE Interview Aug 29, 2009, 14:17 Hump

JC sure is in love with the Iphone as a game platform.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Video Games and sex Aug 28, 2009, 15:14 Hump

Looks like the author drank the feminist kool-aide.

This is a boring mechanic in games and dangerously dehumanizing behavior in real life.

Someone hand this man his testicles back please.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Clips
5. Re: Modern Warfare Clips Aug 28, 2009, 12:08 Hump

Do we know if this has split-screen co-op yet?

I'd imagine they could do it it if they have co-op implemented.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2009, 12:09.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2009, 11:03 Hump

Typical Italian, trying to fuck everything in sight... Tongue  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Project Entropia now Planet Calypso
3. Re: Project Entropia now Planet Calypso Aug 27, 2009, 21:52 Hump

Installed it, "played" it for about 2 hours. Forget participating unless you cough up some cash. When it was first announced they claimed that one could play for free with lower end weapons etc. They've dropped that pretense. Looks like it could get expensive pretty quickly.

The art direction is really bad. Many features are still offline from what I'm told. Not all that impressed.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Splash Damage on Brink, Brink 2, and Brink 3
1. Re: Splash Damage on Brink, Brink 2, and Brink 3 Aug 27, 2009, 19:47 Hump

Vague and annoying.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Project Entropia now Planet Calypso
2. Re: Project Entropia now Planet Calypso Aug 27, 2009, 17:03 Hump

downloading now. Let's see how this turned out.

EDIT: DO NOT Download the file on the main site. It downloads an obsolete version. Here's the page with the updated client in either bittorrent or direct download (though the latter comes in 6 parts)

http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/download/

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2009, 17:07.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > EVE Online Banking Story
15. Re: EVE Online Banking Story Aug 26, 2009, 14:50 Hump

So awesome. This is the type of MMO I'd be slightly interested in. I doubt I have time, but I'm actually going to read-up on it now.

I've tried to get into the game several times but it just didn't click for me. The economic aspect just seems very dry and dull.

Then again, maybe if I hadn't burnt myself out 25+ years of pharmaceutical and alcohol abuse I'd have the capacity to enjoy it....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > EVE Online Banking Story
1. Re: EVE Online Banking Story Aug 26, 2009, 12:54 Hump

Bernie Madoff in Eve?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Weisman: MS "Destroyed" FASA Dev Culture
11. Re: Weisman: MS "Destroyed" FASA Dev Culture Aug 26, 2009, 12:25 Hump

Some of the FASA devs used to hang around on Mechwarrior 4 IRC channel. All of them said they loved working there (MS). I guess this took place later, during Shadowrun's development.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > More on id and Linux
8. Re: More on id and Linux Aug 23, 2009, 18:50 Hump

If there are hundreds of thousands of linux users playing Quake Live when we are done with Rage, that would certainly influence our decision...

said chances are pretty much nil.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Going Back to Kali
5. Re: Going Back to Kali Aug 23, 2009, 16:53 Hump

I wonder if my lifetime membership is still good?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Video Games & Compulsive Gambling
5. Re: Video Games & Compulsive Gambling Aug 23, 2009, 13:39 Hump

Correlation equals not causation.

do you park your cars side by each? Aww

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Wolfenstein MP Feedback
20. Re: Wolfenstein MP Feedback Aug 23, 2009, 12:42 Hump

I'm heading towards the final boss fight in the game. I can't help but notice just how many similarities to Timeshift Wolfenstein has. The powers (how they're divided into different abilities), the NPC types and the levels. Even the story in some instances.

I will say the game has picked up a bit towards the end here. I just wish the whole game had been this fun.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2009, 12:44.

- Jim Goad

7407 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo