Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7359 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Seriously Cheap Voice Acting
8. Re: Seriously Cheap Voice Acting Aug 11, 2009, 15:27 Hump

Smokin' crack, it ain't cheap folks......  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mechscape Plans
4. Re: Mechscape Plans Aug 9, 2009, 14:10 Hump

Maybe its me but I can't find a single description or hint of what the game even entails other than it being an MMO.....  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2009, 13:33 Hump

Romero, of course, ended up being the Ringo Starr of that break-up.......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Wolfenstein Leaked
43. Re: Wolfenstein Leaked Aug 6, 2009, 08:22 Hump

Well I enjoyed it, and I know a lot of others who did... it was far from epic in any way, but it was a solid, fun singleplayer FPS.

Same here. It was typical Raven stuff, technically polished, competent gameplay but nothing groundbreaking. Certainly not the best shooter ever made but it wasn't bad either.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
5. Re: Borderlands Interview Aug 5, 2009, 17:57 Hump

Comparisons with Fallout 3? More like that crappy Shadowrun game.

Shadowrun was far from "crappy". It was probably one of the deepest and most well thought out multiplayer shooters ever made. The problem was one of branding and consumer perception. Someone dropped the ball when they absolutely insisted that it carry the single moniker "Shadowrun" rather than make a shooter and place it withing the SR universe as a sort of side project.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crytek's German Crisis
6. Re: Crytek's German Crisis Aug 5, 2009, 11:20 Hump

Repugnant nationalistic fervor. The real intent is to perpetuate control through fear.

Nah, Germany tried that about 60 years ago and it didn't work out. This is simply political grandstanding.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > What about Prey 2?
12. Re: What about Prey 2? Aug 4, 2009, 18:13 Hump

Waiting on the WoW servers...,

oh Ray....ewwwww, not you?

- Jim Goad

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2009, 15:33 Hump

Just put a few of the quick killing poison traps out if you see a few ants. They'll all die, and since they're the foragers, the rest of the hive knows that your house is bad voodoo, and won't be back.

You could've saved yourself the money spent on an exterminator Blue. Creston is correct. The traps at the market contain a poison that the ants bring back to their nests and wipes them out en masse. every couple of years they make an appearance here and five bucks plus a week later no more ants.

then again, Huddy might use the traps as a chew toy so maybe you did do the right thing?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > What about Prey 2?
2. Re: What about Prey 2? Aug 4, 2009, 14:50 Hump

I really loved Prey despite the corny writing. Human Head came up with some very imaginative stuff (ok, the portal idea came before but still...).

I still remember how blown away I was after viewing that extended E3 movie. I'm guessing those two pieces of shit that ran 3DR are asking too much to license the IP for a sequel.

- Jim Goad

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2009, 14:37 Hump

re; Katz's and other similar Jewish delis....there's nothing more inedible than a pound of meat jammed between two slices of bread, no matter how good the quality. It looks impressive as hell but its just too goddamn much..... Puke  

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2009, 14:58 Hump

don't forget to stop by Times Square and play "throw lit matches at the naked cowboy"

God, what a dickhead... Brood

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Valve on Racism Accusations
2. Re: Valve on Racism Accusations Jul 30, 2009, 19:55 Hump

good fucking christ, this hypersensitivity over race and other supposed special interest "offenses" needs to stop.

I've been keeping an eye on various forum comments on different newspapers regarding the Gates case and whats clear is theres a white backlash starting to make itself known. Its exactly this kind of nitpicking garbage looking for racism where it doesn't exist that is holding back any kind of meaningful advancement of race relations in this country.

People like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson shoulder some of the blame but the worst offenders are the media and minority and/or ultra leftist bloggers who know quite well that hot-button topics like this will drive traffic to their site (Resident Evil 5 anyone?).

Half the time I'll avoid these kind of stories because I know it'll drive my blood pressure thru the roof..... Furious2

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Wolfenstein Multiplayer
5. Re: On Wolfenstein Multiplayer Jul 30, 2009, 10:55 Hump

While BJ's for everyone sounds appealing.....

couldn't resist, could you.. Laugh2

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bionic Commando(s) on Steam
5. Re: Bionic Commando(s) on Steam Jul 28, 2009, 19:11 Hump

Just finished playing it. Not a bad game. Not worth the full retail price but certainly worth a rental or if it goes on sale.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
27. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 14:05 Hump

See, you have to make a choice. Either you can hire people with some technical knowledge, or you can hire a bunch of yes-men to stroke Lucas's ego.

You can't have both!

I seem to remember a time when Lucasarts put out some pretty damn fine games. That, of course, was when Fat George still had credibility in the entertainment industry.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
24. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 13:44 Hump

wow, they're throwing us lowly PC gamers this steaming pile of shit?

I feel honored Dozey

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Trailer
17. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jul 25, 2009, 05:54 Hump

Excellent music though. Anyone know what song that is?

"No heaven" by DJ Champion. I beleive EA used it awhile back for an "Army of Two" promo trailer as well.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Unreal Tournament's Retail Break
1. Re: Unreal Tournament's Retail Break Jul 24, 2009, 19:21 Hump

This is the best decision they could make for this series. UT and UT2k4 are probably my favorite games of all time but its time is past. The whole series needs to be re-thought from the bottom up.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jul 24, 2009, 18:57 Hump

great trailer. Love the music as well.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Killing Floor Free & Paid DLC Plans
6. Re: Killing Floor Free & Paid DLC Plans Jul 21, 2009, 15:08 Hump

I was actually just playing this just before I came here. I find it far more enjoyable than L4D.  

- Jim Goad

7359 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo