Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7450 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed: SHIFT Demo
14. Re: NFS: SHIFT Demo Sep 18, 2009, 17:03 Hump

Its not bad but like many have said, GRID is a similar but much better experience. The one thing I do like in SHIFT is the performance upgrades.

it is definitely the best NFS since Most Wanted (though that's not saying much...lol)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend
13. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend Sep 17, 2009, 07:49 Hump

So Epic said they aren't working on releasing UT4 so soon? It's been two years since UT3 release and no news yet.. Hopefully they've started by now.

I got the impression they won't be revisiting UT series for a long time, if ever. The series pretty much hit its peak with UT2004.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend Sep 16, 2009, 22:49 Hump

If you have UT3, check out this TC: http://www.moddb.com/mods/airborn

Airships and floating islands, woo.

pretty impressive.

- Jim Goad

5. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend Sep 16, 2009, 22:10 Hump

They should give the original UT away for free to celebrate the 10th anniversary now that would be cool... OR charge a buck for it on Steam like they did when Half-Life had it's anniversary.

Something more appropriate would be to put up UT2003 and PAY people to play it.

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Unreal Tournament 3 Free Weekend Sep 16, 2009, 21:03 Hump

10.......10 years??

*feels very old indeed*

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MMOG Lawsuit
21. Re: MMOG Lawsuit Sep 16, 2009, 18:46 Hump

I used paltalk for quite awhile when Opie and Anthony would do a simulcast from the service. The owners were on frequently (one of them hosts a conservative talk room) they are some of the biggest shitbags I've ever met. They will accept ANY form of advertising no matter how invasive it is to subscribers and other users. Support is nearly non-existant. They hire freelance programmers from eastern Europe to upgrade and maintain the software and it shows. Its still based on the same buggy platform from nearly 10 years ago. It is not surprising in the least that they would be patent hording.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Op Ed
53. Re: Op Ed Sep 16, 2009, 17:57 Hump

So, I gave up - and decided to just sip my coffee instead and just leave so that you and the rest of the usual suspects (the_culture should be in anytime now) can get on with your "thing".

so you finally got out and got the Paxil RX filled eh? Tongue

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Jedi Knight Games Rereleased
17. Re: Jedi Knight Games Rereleased Sep 16, 2009, 17:52 Hump

good luck trying to get Dark Forces 1 to run on vista 64.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 16, 2009, 13:27 Hump

At 46, I have been gaming since the days of Pong.

I'm actually older than Derek Smart?

*places shotgun in mouth*

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict Announced
3. Re: Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict Announced Sep 16, 2009, 11:36 Hump

They should take it all the way and turn it into a fully persistent world game setting.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Direct2Drive Sales Figures
37. Re: Direct2Drive Figures Sep 16, 2009, 08:00 Hump

people are actually buying that piece of shit Fallen Earth?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Need for Speed SHIFT
18. Re: Need for Speed SHIFT Ships Sep 15, 2009, 22:28 Hump

looking at Mininova.....18,000 leeching on one, 12,000 on another......

yeesh.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Killing Floor at Retail
4. Re: Killing Floor at Retail Sep 15, 2009, 21:24 Hump

This game sucks. Gets repetitive in about an hour. Got this via Steam sale, but got a refund thankfully.

I'm not a big Zombie shooter fan but I found this far more entertaining than L4D.

BTW, as someone mentioned on Shacknews, Zombie shooters are the new WW2 shooter.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MGS Changes
1. Re: MGS Changes Sep 14, 2009, 21:35 Hump

They should be go to Ed Fries with hat-in-hand and beg him to come back. MS games flourished under his leadership. He's one of the few suits who actually understood the gaming community. Shane"toe-the-corporate-line"Kim did fuck-all while he was on board.

Oh, wait, he helped erode support for PC games by an order of magnitude. I guess that's something.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 14, 2009, 21:27 Hump

Frontlines:Fuel of War for 5 bucks is an awesome deal. The single player campaign is surprisingly fun.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Evony Sues Blogger
13. Re: Evony Sues Blogger Sep 14, 2009, 12:42 Hump

look up the history of this company. They are complete shitbags.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2009, 11:16 Hump

Geez Blue, I would've thought a Jim Carrol RIP would've been here.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > New BF2 PoE2 Server
1. Re: New BF2 PoE2 Server Sep 13, 2009, 21:23 Hump

I loved this mod when it was made for BF: Vietnam but since they switched to BF2 they completely changed the game. Originally it was a more sophisticated and slightly less arcadey version of Desert Combat but now its far more troop centered.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Fallout Legal Fallout
41. Re: Fallout Legal Fallout Sep 13, 2009, 14:43 Hump

Looks like Bethesda wants the rights to making an MMO removed from Interplay. Given the success of Fallout 3 I can't say I blame them though this is kind of a sleazy way to go about it.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer
3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Trailer Sep 12, 2009, 01:13 Hump

I really don't care about the graphical fidelity. I just want the same immersion from the previous 2 games.  

- Jim Goad

7450 Comments. 373 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo