Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7419 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2010, 08:07 Hump

I live 3 hours away from NYC (RI) and all we got was a dusting. We dodged a bullet.

EDIT: BTW, that "emails" site is garbage. The "mails" are all written and answered by one person.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2010, 08:15.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Trailer
11. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Feb 26, 2010, 17:36 Hump

They need to make a movie for retards like myself.

Scene 1 - "Pretty lights look realistic when they move...."

Scene 2- "More pretty lights...."

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday
4. Re: Aliens vs Predator Patch Monday Feb 25, 2010, 18:19 Hump

after several weeks of trying to actually play a round in the demo I finally connected.

not bad but I seem to recall enjoying AVP2's MP a whole lot more.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Walkthrough Trailer
10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Walkthrough Trailer Feb 25, 2010, 02:06 Hump

If the demo map is a general idea of the size of the maps for the game.....then 32 v 32 would be pure chaos and it would not make sense.....16 v 16 is a good size for a console game.

Thats what I was posting when they first announced the player limit but people who never played the first game gave me a ton of shit about it.

I WAS RIGHT GODDAMMIT! Bat

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Nexuiz Announcement Next Month
1. Re: Nexuiz Announcement Next Month Feb 24, 2010, 12:49 Hump

This is one of the better Q3 based free MP shooters to come out since the source code has been released.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces
6. Re: Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces Feb 24, 2010, 12:48 Hump

At this point I'm pretty certain that they'll reconsider this. The PR they've been getting on it has been incredibly negative (and rightly so). Shareholders are going to start asking questions.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel
3. Re: Rebellion Wants to do AvP Sequel Feb 23, 2010, 18:22 Hump

Yes, it must be the reviews being at fault for not rating your mediocre effort so much higher.

: "If you discount those poor reviews AvP is averaging high for us."

Bernie Madoff is a pretty honest guy if you discount his Ponzi scheme.....

Douchebag Thumbsdown

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Guitar Hero Patent Case
1. Re: Guitar Hero Patent Case Feb 23, 2010, 13:11 Hump

Call them for what they are.....Patent Trolls.

As Masnick at Techdirt says, "Can't innovate?..Litigate!"

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away"
16. Re: Battlefield 3 "Will Blow People Away" Feb 23, 2010, 11:04 Hump

Since he emphasized the PC version I'm guessing a Planetside-like persistent game.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Patch
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Patch Feb 22, 2010, 17:37 Hump

Probably one of the slickest, best produced games I've played in recent memory.

The art direction, attention to detail, writing, voice acting....everything is so beyond what most other dev studios are capable of nowadays that it'll be hard to go back to other games that I have on deck.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Interzone Intrigue
4. Re: Interzone Intrigue Feb 21, 2010, 17:05 Hump

My utter disgust for spineless upper management knows no bounds. This guy (Mike Turner) and his partner should be dragged behind a truck until they look like a pair of red welcome mats.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Free BF2142 With Bad Company 2 Preorders
9. Re: Free BF2142 With Bad Company 2 Preorders Feb 21, 2010, 16:45 Hump

or already own BF2142, I liked the game despite all the so called "hard core" battlefield fans trash talking on it.

Overall its a far better balanced game than BF2.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > CoD: Vietnam Confirmation?
22. Re: CoD: Vietnam Confirmation? Feb 21, 2010, 09:58 Hump

Who cares, it's Treyarch. It's not like they're the real CoD developers. Treyarch is to CoD what Neversoft is to Guitar Hero. They just get the hand-me-downs, and never know what to do with them.

Granted they're no Infinity Ward but they can hold their own. CoD3 and CoD 5 were decent games with fun multiplayer.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC Reveal at GDC?
13. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Reveal at GDC? Feb 21, 2010, 09:10 Hump

Welp, Miranda kicked me to the curb after I defended jack so no Cerebus pussy for me. Is it my scars baby?

I'm now working on Tali who is figuring out a way for me to bang her through her enviro-suit.......

- Jim Goad

News Comments > CoD: Vietnam Confirmation?
17. Re: CoD: Vietnam Confirmation? Feb 19, 2010, 20:42 Hump

Jungle environments gets boring very quickly.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Kotick Explains Activision Missteps
3. Re: Kotick Explains Activision Missteps Feb 18, 2010, 18:30 Hump

The biggest pile of shit in the industry.

someone sould tie-wrap both Kotick and Riccitiello together and let them blow each other to death.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
35. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 18:46 Hump

If the leveling and equipment setup was anything like what you're describing then I wouldn't be playing BC2 at all, it drove me crazy in the older BF games.

ok, I'm just pissed that they didn't handle the rewards like they did in BC1. Unless I'm again mistaken you have one choice of a reward when you level, in BC1 you had your choice of certain guns or gadgets

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
29. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 14:56 Hump

I noticed that the equipment upgrades are more like 2142 rather than the previous Bad Company. All I want are NEW gun upgrades and not some shit like a fucking mini-soccer-ball that tells me where the enemy is within a 10 foot radius.

Knowing DICE and their carrot-on-stick upgrades it'll take 8 months @ 19 hours per day to ever reach the end of the leveling.

Thats one aspect about Infinity Ward I liked. They made the possibility of leveling to the top possible in a reasonable amount of time. I played BF2142 and BF2 for 2 years daily and STILL never got everything.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Descent, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, and MDK Revivals Set?
11. Re: Descent, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, and MDK Revivals Set? Feb 12, 2010, 21:21 Hump

I was more of a Forsaken fan than Descent but I'm down for a sequel.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Tips Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Tips Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 21:12 Hump

Stephen, how long has the site had its own YouTube channel? I never noticed it until today.  

- Jim Goad

7419 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo