Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7359 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Single-player Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Single-player Trailer Jan 26, 2010, 12:31 Hump

DICE has to have some of the best sound people in the business. I can't think of another game whose quality of sound FX even approaches this.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Front Mission Evolved in Spring 2010
5. Re: Front Mission Evolved in Spring 2010 Jan 26, 2010, 11:57 Hump

It kind of looks like what I imagine Heavy Gear 3 would look like in 2010 had the series not died in '99. That alone gets me all a-twitter.

looks like I'm not the only one who thought this. Scale-wise they look slightly larger than Gears but I'm willing to suspend disbelief..... Biggrin

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication
14. Re: Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication Jan 26, 2010, 11:14 Hump

Like the pirates won't figure it out and have a ripped version in less than a week anyway. What a waste of resources.

They know that. This is a move to end resale or trading of games to friends, etc. If they announce they were doing that there would be a backlash.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Extended by One Day
4. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Extended by One Day Jan 25, 2010, 14:27 Hump

Bummer. I wish they'd leave the servers open until the last day. i'm actually addicted to this goddamned game now..... Mad  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2010, 20:55 Hump

Enjoy the "NY Jets AFC Champs" shirts Haiti......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com
1. Re: BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com Jan 24, 2010, 16:03 Hump

same thing happened with FEAR 2. Even if you purchase it in retail you can't transfer ownership.

At some point this is going to be challenged in court since it flies in the face of right of first sale.

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2010, 15:52 Hump

Update in the middle of the AFC playoffs?

I salute your loyalty to the cause sir!

- Jim Goad

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2010, 13:46 Hump

sorry to hear about your friend Bats.....  

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2010, 18:12 Hump

Why couldn't it have been RIP American musician Gene Simmons instead.......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > NecroVision: Lost Company Website, Specs
1. Re: NecroVision: Lost Company Website, Specs Jan 23, 2010, 01:22 Hump

What a fucking mess the original was. The artists involved with the project were first rate but everything else was a dismal failure.

There's something about Eastern Europe that it produces some of the greatest digital artists alive but they can't design a game to save their lives. Yes, there's a few exceptions but overall its the truth.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now
3. Re: Last Word on BioShock 2 DRM, For Now Jan 22, 2010, 22:50 Hump

all this is simply a circle jerk in order to placate the suits who don't understand how useless DRM is but it makes them feel they are protecting value for the shareholders. Of course it does nothing of a sort but as long as they think it does we'll keep seeing this issue debated.

whatever DRM is implemented it will be deactivated in short order. I don't know why people get up in arms over it. Its pretty much a non-issue nowadays.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Interstellar Marines: Bullseye Launches
2. Re: Interstellar Marines: Bullseye Launches Jan 22, 2010, 19:50 Hump

this looks pretty damned impressive for a browser based game.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 and MAG Midnight Madness
4. Re: Mass Effect 2 and MAG Midnight Madness Jan 22, 2010, 16:11 Hump

looking at the size of this thing.....16gb. Wow.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Jan 22, 2010, 14:59 Hump

Can't beat a well made trailer to get one psyched for a game. This one is about on par in terms of effectiveness as the Borderlands now classic trailer (DJ Champion soundtrack)  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > More Borderlands DLC Planned, Level Cap to Raise
11. Re: More Borderlands DLC Planned, Level Cap to Raise Jan 22, 2010, 12:54 Hump

I played Bordelands from start to finish twice and enjoyed it. For some reason I have absolutely no desire to play the DLC.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Agenda Preorder Events
13. Re: Global Agenda Preorder Events Jan 22, 2010, 11:56 Hump

If the game requires an account on their servers be created how can the game be pirated exactly?

cracked servers are all the rage nowadays.

to be honest I wasn't aware that this was so tied to being online so maybe I'm wrong on that point.

I wish HiRez the best but i really hope they do a limited "free weekend" a-la Crysis Wars so the rest of us can get an idea of how the game is. The days of being able to afford a $50 coaster are at an end. I just don't have that kind of money to waste anymore.

- Jim Goad

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2010, 08:56 Hump

My fave

92. Kirk never dressed in green tights and pretended to be Robin Hood, and if he had, someone would have paid for it.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Agenda Preorder Events
7. Re: Global Agenda Preorder Events Jan 22, 2010, 08:20 Hump

is anyone here playing this? it looks pretty damn fun

All the previews I've read are saying that its pretty good. The downside is that the devs decided to keep the beta closed. The problem with that is a demo wont be able to give anyone a good idea of how the game will play since it has leveling and classes which isn't something that they would be able to fit into something demo sized.

The publisher is just begging for this game to be pirated since its a relative unknown both in terms of recognition and gameplay. People arent going to shell out $50 on the off chance its garbage. A public beta would have went a long way to towards heading that shit off.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 Trailer
13. Re: Silent Hunter 5 Trailer Jan 20, 2010, 22:00 Hump

Not exactly the kind of genere I play but thats pretty goddamned impressive.

To the UBI haters, despite their issues they DO have the balls to take risks with game play that is outside most publishers comfort zone. Gotta give them credit for that.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crysis 2 in NYC
13. Re: Crysis 2 in NYC Jan 20, 2010, 20:13 Hump

It would be cool if the devs implement some kind of mantling system where one could scale buildings a-la Crackdown.  

- Jim Goad

7359 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo