Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7450 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > New MW4 MekPak
16. Re: New MW4 MekPak Apr 3, 2010, 22:19 Hump

Thanks for all the hard work anyway Mike. You guys rule.

(Bangy)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: New MW4 MekPak Apr 3, 2010, 22:09 Hump

will you marry me?  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. removed Apr 3, 2010, 20:43 Hump

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 4, 2010, 10:20.

- Jim Goad

10. removed Apr 3, 2010, 19:52 Hump

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 4, 2010, 10:20.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > £1M in MW2 DLC Ads
8. Re: £1M in MW2 DLC Ads Apr 3, 2010, 19:01 Hump

people are still playing this?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Just Cause 2
50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Just Cause 2 Apr 3, 2010, 18:49 Hump

This is sooooo much better than the first game that there isn't even a comparison.  

- Jim Goad

7. Re: New MW4 MekPak Apr 3, 2010, 18:46 Hump

I don't know wtf Jordan Weisman was smoking but he sure fucked up the MW reboot announcement.

First they didn't address the Harmony Gold lost Mech issue and then its evident he jumped the gun on the free MW4 thing.

whatever heat he generated is now a dying ember in a gaming wasteland (see what I did there?)

boy I'm drunk Freak

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BF1943 PC Version "Soon"
17. Re: BF1943 PC Version "Soon" Mar 30, 2010, 01:50 Hump

I played the thing for about 30 minutes on XBox and never picked it up again.

Its very well done but its like an abbreviated version of the original. No Ships, consolidated classes.....it just isn't the same..... Pout

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PC & Xbox 360 Mouse
16. Re: PC & Xbox 360 Mouse Mar 22, 2010, 18:13 Hump

There's no keyboard, it's a Wiimote.
Pass.

How many buttons do you need for a FPS? Plus, it seems better than having your fingers in an unnatural position for hours using WASD.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PC & Xbox 360 Mouse
6. Re: PC & Xbox 360 Mouse Mar 22, 2010, 11:48 Hump

Nice idea but the console controls will simply be analog axis remapped to the mouse which will be laggy at best

its the same way with the XIM360 system but its still better than using a gamepad IMO. I've tried for YEARS to get acclimated to gamepads for FPS games but no matter how long I use them, I never forget that I'm holding a frigging gamepad.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > EA on C&C4's "No" DRM
37. Re: EA on C&C4's "No" DRM Mar 18, 2010, 20:22 Hump

Evidently this is a PR suit who hasn't had much experience with the PC audience. Anyone who has been in the business long enough knows not to try and sell this kind of PR spin to the PC community or they'd get laughed out of their own forum.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Video Games Can Hurt Schoolwork
6. Re: Video Games Can Hurt Schoolwork Mar 16, 2010, 18:32 Hump

they just keep grasping for straws.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Agenda Patch Tomorrow
1. Re: Global Agenda Patch Tomorrow Mar 15, 2010, 13:12 Hump

I wish to hell they'd do a free weekend or something for this game. It looks interesting but I'm not chancing $50 to perhaps find it out isn't worth it.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ensemble Says Goodbye
28. Re: Ensemble Says Goodbye Mar 14, 2010, 23:38 Hump

For a company that pushed the "Games For Windows" shtick so hard they (MS) sure seem like they want to distance themselves from the PC as a gaming platform.......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > "Platform Agnostic" Brink Gets New Trailer
8. Re: "Platform Agnostic" Brink Gets New Trailer Mar 12, 2010, 15:16 Hump

There's an in-game, 3 part video of how the game plays here:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27288

Not sure why some people are bitching, looks pretty damned cool to me.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Derek Smart & Quest Online
38. Re: Derek Smart & Quest Online Mar 11, 2010, 18:55 Hump

I would disagree there.

Yeah but nin, how many times really was it that he started shit vs. Derek simply not taking shit from people?

As far as informative posts, he's done some insightful pieces on the industry and how it works both here, on shacknews comments and on his site.

He absolutely could be complete shithead but he did have his lucid moments and he seemed to be calming down lately.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Derek Smart & Quest Online
18. Re: Derek Smart & Quest Online Mar 11, 2010, 13:23 Hump

Most developers don't call their consumers schoolyard names to be fair to people here. Derek brought it all on himself time and time again.

I don't play his games and I'm not a fan but I have to side with Blue, people are the ones who start shit with the guy 99.9% of the time. Granted, his rep is of his own making but my own philosophy is that unless I'm personally attacked by another poster I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Lots of folks here just start with Derek because its like poking a Ferret in a cage with a stick, they know they'll get a reaction. Sure, it's fun but ultimately I'd rather see his take on some industry subjects because, believe it or not, he's had some good posts on the workings of the industry in the past.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games
60. Re: OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games Mar 10, 2010, 22:38 Hump

Yeah! Who's going to pay 50 bucks for a game and then pay 15 bucks a month to keep playing it? That'll never catch on! Oh, wait...

Goddammit, I've got no comeback for that one....... Undecided

- Jim Goad

News Comments > OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games
34. Re: OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games Mar 10, 2010, 17:44 Hump

Of course they're not announcing the full pricing on purchased games and rentals because they'd get a boatload of bad PR when folks find out that the game they bought is dependent on that monthly fee.

this is not going to end well.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Need for Speed World English Beta
1. Re: Need for Speed World English Beta Mar 10, 2010, 11:54 Hump

This looks exactly like the last 5-6 NFS games but its online. Boring.

I wish they'd go back to the Motor City Online theme instead though I'm sure the kiddies would scream bloody murder because of the lack of rice rockets in the game.....

- Jim Goad

7450 Comments. 373 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo