Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7373 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves
10. Re: Battlefield Heroes Gets Vampires and Werewolves Jan 30, 2010, 07:16 Hump

Who is playing this thing anyhow?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster"
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 a "Blockbuster" Jan 29, 2010, 18:49 Hump

1 positive out of 5 posts

yep....this is Blues comment section alright.....

THIS GAME IS FUCKING PHENOMENAL! If this doesn't make you happy then you're all due for a ride on the Zoloft train.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix
1. Re: Mass Effect 2 ATI Hotfix Jan 29, 2010, 15:39 Hump

Just picked this up this morning. I'm not all that far in but I gotta say that the art direction and overall visual fidelity of this game is extraordinary. Probably the best of any game I've ever played.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround
20. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 CTD Workaround Jan 29, 2010, 07:28 Hump

STILL haven't got my key from Gamestop.......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today
47. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 20:37 Hump

still waiting for my key from Gamestop......  

- Jim Goad

20. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 14:55 Hump

Jazeel, I can tell you Bad Company 1 was really a lot of fun both in single and multiplayer.

From what I'm hearing from people who've played it (BC2) the MP is even better than the original.

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 13:25 Hump

Tumbler, did you get your beta key yet?  

- Jim Goad

7. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 12:17 Hump

Anyone have a spare beta key for me to play? [grin]

Ant, I'm not sure if its an open beta or if the keys will be limited. I do know that if you pre-order the game you get a key.

What I do is pre-order the game from gamestop/eb (they wont charge your card until the day it ships) and as part of the bonus for pre-ordering you get beta access. So simply order it and then cancel the order once you get the key (or you might like the game enough to keep the pre order)

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Apple iPad Announced
4. Re: Apple iPad Announced Jan 27, 2010, 14:41 Hump

They're still staying with AT&T even after its been proven that AT&T doesn't have the bandwidth to handle many of the largest US cities for the Iphone alone?

God I hope this thing tanks horribly.

EDIT: BTW, I'll wait for the inevitable Chinese knock-off that will be about as functional and more open (and maybe even a fucking USB port)

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2010, 14:46.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 SecuROM DRM Details
13. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 SecuROM DRM Details Jan 27, 2010, 14:17 Hump

I'm in the wrong line of work, I should be selling non-working protection solutions to game companies. Looks like a great fucking racket.

Apps like this are, and always have been, a sham to placate shareholders and vendors into thinking that the company is doing something to negate the effects of "piracy".

Something to note though, the 'Tages" system was able to stave off cracks for the Avatar game for several weeks which was enough to get the publisher past the peak selling period.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Painkiller: Resurrection and Nation Red Patched
1. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection and Nation Red Patched Jan 27, 2010, 08:01 Hump

re; Nation Red.....how about fixing the glitch that the audio controls do absolutely nothing before putting out a French version?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Agenda Launch Schedule
6. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 27, 2010, 05:32 Hump

@beta testers

Would it be best if one waited on buying this for a month or two?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > etc.
5. re: sex scenes Jan 26, 2010, 19:55 Hump

Bah! too tasteful.

lets get some fisting in there!

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mass Effect 2
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mass Effect 2 Jan 26, 2010, 14:09 Hump

again....16gb install?? Kee-rist!

I gotta admit though, looking at the in-game trailers the game looks almost CGI in its quality.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Single-player Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Single-player Trailer Jan 26, 2010, 12:31 Hump

DICE has to have some of the best sound people in the business. I can't think of another game whose quality of sound FX even approaches this.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Front Mission Evolved in Spring 2010
5. Re: Front Mission Evolved in Spring 2010 Jan 26, 2010, 11:57 Hump

It kind of looks like what I imagine Heavy Gear 3 would look like in 2010 had the series not died in '99. That alone gets me all a-twitter.

looks like I'm not the only one who thought this. Scale-wise they look slightly larger than Gears but I'm willing to suspend disbelief..... Biggrin

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication
14. Re: Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication Jan 26, 2010, 11:14 Hump

Like the pirates won't figure it out and have a ripped version in less than a week anyway. What a waste of resources.

They know that. This is a move to end resale or trading of games to friends, etc. If they announce they were doing that there would be a backlash.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Extended by One Day
4. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Extended by One Day Jan 25, 2010, 14:27 Hump

Bummer. I wish they'd leave the servers open until the last day. i'm actually addicted to this goddamned game now..... Mad  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2010, 20:55 Hump

Enjoy the "NY Jets AFC Champs" shirts Haiti......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com
1. Re: BC2 LE Preorders, "Non-Transferrable" Multiplayer Requires EA.com Jan 24, 2010, 16:03 Hump

same thing happened with FEAR 2. Even if you purchase it in retail you can't transfer ownership.

At some point this is going to be challenged in court since it flies in the face of right of first sale.

- Jim Goad

7373 Comments. 369 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo