Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7403 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
35. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 18:46 Hump

If the leveling and equipment setup was anything like what you're describing then I wouldn't be playing BC2 at all, it drove me crazy in the older BF games.

ok, I'm just pissed that they didn't handle the rewards like they did in BC1. Unless I'm again mistaken you have one choice of a reward when you level, in BC1 you had your choice of certain guns or gadgets

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release
29. Re: Bad Company 2 Mod Support "Out of the Question" at Release Feb 17, 2010, 14:56 Hump

I noticed that the equipment upgrades are more like 2142 rather than the previous Bad Company. All I want are NEW gun upgrades and not some shit like a fucking mini-soccer-ball that tells me where the enemy is within a 10 foot radius.

Knowing DICE and their carrot-on-stick upgrades it'll take 8 months @ 19 hours per day to ever reach the end of the leveling.

Thats one aspect about Infinity Ward I liked. They made the possibility of leveling to the top possible in a reasonable amount of time. I played BF2142 and BF2 for 2 years daily and STILL never got everything.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Descent, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, and MDK Revivals Set?
11. Re: Descent, Earthworm Jim, Dark Alliance, and MDK Revivals Set? Feb 12, 2010, 21:21 Hump

I was more of a Forsaken fan than Descent but I'm down for a sequel.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Tips Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Tips Trailer Feb 12, 2010, 21:12 Hump

Stephen, how long has the site had its own YouTube channel? I never noticed it until today.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > No PC Alan Wake
30. Re: No PC Alan Wake Feb 12, 2010, 12:19 Hump

so not only is the PC version NOT coming but MS feels the need to insult the intelligence of their PC customer base by coming up with this bit of corporate-speak which implies they're doing gamers a FAVOR by keeping it console only.

utterly spineless.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 00:40 Hump

CoP at that price is a total co brainer. Great game.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2010, 00:39 Hump

I've had zero issues with CoP.

Also, GSC has done a good job and tightening up the game overall. Its still quirky but a GOOD kind of quirky.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Results
15. Re: Ubisoft Sales Results Feb 9, 2010, 21:39 Hump

someone posted the following over on the Steam forums:

I'm Andrew Ryan and I'm here to ask you a question.

Is a man not entitled to play a game on time that he legally paid for with the sweat of his brow?

"No," Says SecuRom "You will steal it."
"No," Says Games for Windows Live "You must activate when we say"
"No," Says Steam "You must wait till Tuesday 6 O'Clock, then download it while our severs are slammed with others doing the same thing resulting in you getting the game a day AFTER it's release date or worse"

But I rejected those answers. I choose....BITTORRENT.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC
13. Re: On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC Feb 9, 2010, 15:26 Hump

I'm not feeling the attraction to BF-The Sims or whatever this would be. Unless you're new on this earth or new to this game.

I think some of you guys are confusing Bad Company with Battlefield Heroes.

Why is this better than BF?

a single moving front as opposed to capture points scattered all over the map. Concrete benefits to joining a squad. Frostbite destructo-engine.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft Sales Results
3. Re: Ubisoft Sales Results Feb 9, 2010, 13:25 Hump

is this the "big news"?

EDIT: oops, looks like I should've read the whole page first......

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2010, 13:26.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft's "Big Announcement" on Xbox LIVE
2. Re: Ubisoft's "Big Announcement" on Xbox LIVE Feb 8, 2010, 22:25 Hump

that's it, tell the guy who's been running a gaming site longer than 99% of the people out there what to post......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
14. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 8, 2010, 22:22 Hump

no loss since they did such an abysmal job on the original PC port.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mod DB Players Choice Awards
1. Re: Mod DB Players Choice Awards Feb 7, 2010, 17:46 Hump

Absolutely deserved for the LL guys.

Hopefully this should make Smith & Tinkers job easier of getting a publisher for the Mechwarrior reboot showing that the genre is far from dead.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Facebook Shooter Brave Arms Announced
2. Re: Facebook Shooter Brave Arms Announced Feb 7, 2010, 16:02 Hump

Apparently first-person shooter have previously been the province of the aristocracy, but this game looks to change all that: "Our new title, Brave Arms, will bring First-Person Shooter games to the masses," says James Kosta, 3G Studios' CEO.

lol....Blue is such a smart-ass Jester

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2010, 16:42 Hump

so its sort of a chili-based sloppy joe with corn chips?

sound great. I might give that one a shot.

BTW, Stephen, you got me in the kitchen making a pot of chili now. Going to try your version using some low quality ribeye that I had in the freezer with the ingredients adjusted for a couple of pounds of meat.

EDIT: Man, did I screw up.....thought I was adding Cumin but upon closer inspection it turned out to be ground cove..... Wall

added the cumin and am now hoping for the best. Who knows, maybe it'll be what Bob Ross used to call a "happy accident"...

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2010, 17:54.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2010, 14:35 Hump

Reading the chili recipe I have to throw in my support of milk as a means of fire reduction. The important bit is you need to use it as a preventative measure and NOT after you've consumed spicy food. 6-8 oz. is sufficient. I love mixing spicy and sweet so adding some strawberry or chocolate quick to it is a bonus treat.

A few sips prior and during eating does the job. It will also reduce the pain of getting rid of it a few days later.

EDIT: I almost forgot, one of the best uses of leftover chili is adding it to soup. Take a decent quality canned soup like Campbells Select cream of mushroom and dump a pile of left over chili in it when heating. Dice up some canned Chi-Chi's chopped jalepeno/tomato blend and use a tablespoonful as a garnish. Good stuff. Chef

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2010, 14:40.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Kingpin Map Pack
2. Re: Kingpin Map Pack Feb 5, 2010, 22:56 Hump

I know its juvenile but I keep this game installed just so I can go into its sound files occasionally and play the voice clips from the game and laugh my silly head off.

"FUCKAAAHH!"

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing "Big Announcement"
21. Re: Ubisoft Teasing "Big Announcement" Feb 5, 2010, 17:53 Hump

God, please don't let them announce that they will be the publishers for Mechwarrior 5.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG
14. Re: THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG Feb 4, 2010, 13:57 Hump

Kiss that shareholder ass monkey-boy.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Spoilers?
6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Spoilers? Feb 4, 2010, 12:30 Hump

Just reinstalled FEAR 2 but I got about 30 minutes in and decided "whats the point"? The game is as dull as it was the first time I played through it.

FEAR one was enjoyable because of the graphics and multiplayer but F2 is just more of the same which I've had my fill of the first time it rolled around.

- Jim Goad

7403 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo