Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7359 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailers
15. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 20:30 Hump

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 18:23:
Well, I can certainly see where this sort of visceral violence for violence sakes will arouse and entice the angst-ridden 14 year old crowd out there. Most adults, however, will find it offensive.

umm, I think its more of a spiritual successor to Painkiller which had a large fanbase. The only downside I see is the touch of Epic in the cornball characters that are in the game. Even though its supposedly "tongue-in-cheek" it still comes off as the same old meathead NPC's that Epic has used for every game since Unreal.

I have faith in People Can Fly to put out a quality game though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
3. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Dec 30, 2010, 16:25 Hump

Techie714 © wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 11:19:
This looks so cool, i just wish it had a single player component with it. also what ever happened to that awesome video we all saw about a year ago with the new Mechwarrior IP?

I've been following the blog of one of the Pirhana guys. He isn't allowed to say a word about it but he's been asking the community some questions about what they feel a SIM should encompass, favorite mech renders, how he would love to see a game with a nice dedicated controller a-la Steel Battalion. I doubt he'd be asking those kind of questions if the game had been canned.

My own opinion is that they probably have a publisher and are hashing out the details. If I were a betting man I'd say E3 will be an unveiling.

As far as Living Legends, go buy Crisis Wars so you can play it. LL is arguably one of the most professional mods ever made. It has a bit of a learning curve but its so worth it.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Dec 28, 2010, 21:21 Hump

Amazing. Not a single mention of Piranha's role in the games' development.

Also, John Callaham is a helluva nice guy but his interviews are the equivalent of watching paint peel. Nothing but softball robotic questions.

C'mon John, ask a couple of questions that make them squirm a bit.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released
7. Re: English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released Dec 25, 2010, 19:02 Hump

I'll fess up and admit I downloaded the Russian version of Precursors and added the english patch about a year ago. From the way the company was failing to respond and the lack of info in their forums most people assumed an official english version would never happen.

I played a few hours but the patch omitted a lot of stuff so i gave up on it. For the amount of stuff thats been put in the game its not so bad. if you can tolerate quirky eastern european games then you'll probably enjoy this.

Re; White Gold- I didn't play it but I heard its pretty abysmal.

If They're cheap enough I'll prolly pick up both after the new year.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated]
14. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL? Dec 23, 2010, 14:43 Hump

Its not nearly as bad as it was when Shadowrun came out but it still sucks to see it being used at all.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Quote of the Day
14. Re: Quote of the Day Dec 22, 2010, 09:55 Hump

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 21:28:
Not only have they been through it, they are still doing it.

I'm not a fan of EA but they have gotten slightly more tolerable over the past couple of years.

I still despise Riccitiello though for his canceling of Multiplayer Battletech 3025 Brood

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Planetside Next Beta Nears
18. Re: Planetside Next Beta Nears Dec 19, 2010, 11:57 Hump

Jerykk wrote on Dec 19, 2010, 02:50:
Hump, this is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand but would you say that you are not a big fan of RPGs and that Oblivion and Morrowind were exceptions to the rule?

Dozey

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Planetside Next Beta Nears
9. Re: Planetside Next Beta Nears Dec 19, 2010, 00:14 Hump

Probably one of the best and most deep FPS games ever made. I pray Sony does justice to the original.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Derek Smart Interview
3. Re: Derek Smart Interview Dec 15, 2010, 22:34 Hump

I hear Derek is taking over the Mechwarrior reboot and a future Call of Duty Game

*throws his grenade and runs like hell*

- Jim Goad

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced
31. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced Dec 12, 2010, 20:14 Hump

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 12, 2010, 17:21:
I don't understand the hostility towards Oblivion. Sure it wasn't perfect but it was still an exceptional game.

Both Morrowind and Oblivion were the first RPGS that I could ever get into. I guess Oblivion broke some unspoken geek law pertaining to RPG's that I didn't notice. I have nothing but great memories of playing both games, especially Oblivion.

Perhaps it doesn't fit into the RPG genre as much as certain people wanted it to but whatever genre you'd like to apply to it, it was a fantastic experience.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Dec 4, 2010, 16:10 Hump

Prez wrote on Dec 4, 2010, 00:11:
Is anyone even playing Shadowrun anymore? What good is a multiplayer game when there's no "multi"?

Anyway, it wasn't the name that prevented me from buying it - it was the Vista exclusivity.

oh Yeah, I forgot about that one. Had it been a bit less onerous like it is now it wouldn't have been too bad. A lot of games require STEAM to run nowadays but they make it so low-key that you don't even give it a second thought.

IMO, MS should simply bite the bullet and make it a free title. It seems such a waste of a great game to have it shelved.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 4, 2010, 00:01 Hump

Shadowrun for 99 cents is a no-brainer.

It is one of the best squad based MP shooters ever made.

To bad people got hung up on the name.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crytek's Warface Revealed?
7. Re: Crytek's Warface Revealed? Nov 25, 2010, 19:55 Hump

sounds like Blink.

BTW, someone should start a petition for Crytek to give the mechwarrior: Living Legends guys a license to release the mod as a stand alone.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2010, 19:52 Hump

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2010, 18:21 Hump

Pigeon wrote on Nov 14, 2010, 16:22:
'Man accused of trying to run down ex after rejected proposal' or 'Woman correctly rejects marriage proposal'

If the guy knew what he was in for (marriage) he would've used the car to travel to a local strip club to celebrate after she turned him down.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Perpetuum Online Launch Plans
4. Re: Perpetuum Online Launch Plans Nov 9, 2010, 19:49 Hump

I wonder if the combat is any good  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops
41. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops Nov 9, 2010, 14:44 Hump

I'm about 90 minutes in to the SP campaign. Its a lot of fun but I'm not quite as impressed with it as a lot of the reviewers seem to be. It's a competent game and probably Treyarch's best effort in the series yet.

I've yet to jump into MP since traditionally I like saving that as a "dessert" after the campaign.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Preloads Nov 8, 2010, 20:32 Hump

I wish I could understand the reasoning behind unlocking the game nearly 12 hours after the retail game is released.

PR suits are so full of common sense that I'm sure there's a good reason..... Brood

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer
15. Re: Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer Nov 7, 2010, 17:15 Hump

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 7, 2010, 17:11:
So i finally picked up BF2142 for 12.00 new from gogamer.

It supports 64 players.

Had a blast last night.

IMO, 2142 is probably the best balanced and well-rounded out of all the BF games.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer
9. Re: Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer Nov 7, 2010, 16:20 Hump

This is simply a translated version of the Korean game that was released earlier this year as Free-to-play  

- Jim Goad

7359 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo