Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7371 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > PC BF1943 and BC2 Onslaught Cancelled
30. Re: PC BF1943 and BC2 Onslaught Cancelled Feb 3, 2011, 19:47 Hump

I played the 360 version. I couldn't enjoy the game without the ships.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trainz Multiplayer Open Beta
4. Re: Trainz Multiplayer Open Beta Jan 31, 2011, 13:13 Hump

The only thing I can think of is this is something similar to Gary's mod using Trainz assets. Otherwise, wtf are you going to do? Avatars standing around complimenting each other on their creations?

EDIT: "In Trainz Multiplayer, you control one or more Drivers. Each driver is assigned to a train, so through the driver you can control a train. You cannot control a train which does not have your driver, and you cannot control a train which is already controlled by someone else's driver.

Both of the sessions initially provided for the Trainz Multiplayer Public Beta are "sandbox" sessions. That means that we provide the routes and locos, but you get to decide what to do with them. While we will be providing more structured sessions during the course of the public beta and continuing after the official launch, we wanted to start with the basics and get the community up to speed with using the multiplayer mode first."

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward
16. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 30, 2011, 08:54 Hump

Icewind wrote on Jan 29, 2011, 19:06:
The further 4chan-izing and meme-ization of gaming. How disgusting.

This isn't funny, it's stupid.

at least you have a sense of humor...... Confused

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward
2. Re: Hardcore Dead Space 2 Reward Jan 29, 2011, 16:57 Hump

Holy shit, that's hilarious.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > NecroVisioN Multiplayer Support Ending
1. Re: NecroVisioN Multiplayer Support Ending Jan 29, 2011, 16:51 Hump

is anyone playing this online?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
40. Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 21:20 Hump

The 360 demo is a lot of fun if you enjoy CoD and Halo MP since it has a little bit of both.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Homefront PC Details
32. Re: OT Batttlefield Jan 28, 2011, 21:14 Hump

finga wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 19:35:
Prez wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 18:52:
Not to be a downer here, (or worse, a thread hijacker!!! Shocked ) but the problem I have is that the premise for this game feels eerily close to a future I find myself contemplating fearfully from time to time.
The prequel novel for this game will be terrifying to you, then. It goes into a lot of detail as to how it happened, and while the actual journey of the main character is a bit off and the writing isn't of the highest quality, the actual concept leading up to the invasion is really well thought-out. They tick all the boxes, in my mind, that would lead to a feasible land invasion of the US.

from what I've seen in the videos its identical to the MP from Frontlines: Fuel of War except more polish and more weapons.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming
24. Re: Crysis 2 PC Demo Coming Jan 28, 2011, 15:08 Hump

OldScho0l wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 14:07:
Farcry, Crysis, Warhead = Amazing.

Crysis 2 = steaming pile

Thats pretty amazing that you've played and reviewed a game thats still 2 months our from being released.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > More Games to Use the Skyrim Engine
15. Re: More Games to Use the Skyrim Engine Jan 25, 2011, 14:43 Hump

I wish Bethsoft would release some screenshots for the game.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month
14. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer, Xbox 360 Demo This Month Jan 21, 2011, 18:39 Hump

Tumbler wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 15:40:
The MP game was kind of bland for this, the SP game looked more interesting.

Crysis was like that too. If you read how Crysis MP plays on paper it sounds like an amazing "can't-lost" proposition but in practice it was dull as hell.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Salem, A F2P Permadeath MMORPG Announced
13. Re: Salem, A F2P Permadeath MMORPG Announced Jan 20, 2011, 16:46 Hump

1.) this game sounds incredibly cool.

2.) Bjorn Johannassen is one creepy motherfucker.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Iron Grip: Marauders Open Beta
2. Re: Iron Grip: Marauders Open Beta Jan 18, 2011, 15:08 Hump

These guys need to secure the funding of a large publisher. After Warlords its evident they have professional level skills along with a lot of cools ideas.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailers
15. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 20:30 Hump

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 18:23:
Well, I can certainly see where this sort of visceral violence for violence sakes will arouse and entice the angst-ridden 14 year old crowd out there. Most adults, however, will find it offensive.

umm, I think its more of a spiritual successor to Painkiller which had a large fanbase. The only downside I see is the touch of Epic in the cornball characters that are in the game. Even though its supposedly "tongue-in-cheek" it still comes off as the same old meathead NPC's that Epic has used for every game since Unreal.

I have faith in People Can Fly to put out a quality game though.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
3. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Dec 30, 2010, 16:25 Hump

Techie714 © wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 11:19:
This looks so cool, i just wish it had a single player component with it. also what ever happened to that awesome video we all saw about a year ago with the new Mechwarrior IP?

I've been following the blog of one of the Pirhana guys. He isn't allowed to say a word about it but he's been asking the community some questions about what they feel a SIM should encompass, favorite mech renders, how he would love to see a game with a nice dedicated controller a-la Steel Battalion. I doubt he'd be asking those kind of questions if the game had been canned.

My own opinion is that they probably have a publisher and are hashing out the details. If I were a betting man I'd say E3 will be an unveiling.

As far as Living Legends, go buy Crisis Wars so you can play it. LL is arguably one of the most professional mods ever made. It has a bit of a learning curve but its so worth it.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview
1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Dec 28, 2010, 21:21 Hump

Amazing. Not a single mention of Piranha's role in the games' development.

Also, John Callaham is a helluva nice guy but his interviews are the equivalent of watching paint peel. Nothing but softball robotic questions.

C'mon John, ask a couple of questions that make them squirm a bit.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released
7. Re: English Precursors and Xenus 2 Released Dec 25, 2010, 19:02 Hump

I'll fess up and admit I downloaded the Russian version of Precursors and added the english patch about a year ago. From the way the company was failing to respond and the lack of info in their forums most people assumed an official english version would never happen.

I played a few hours but the patch omitted a lot of stuff so i gave up on it. For the amount of stuff thats been put in the game its not so bad. if you can tolerate quirky eastern european games then you'll probably enjoy this.

Re; White Gold- I didn't play it but I heard its pretty abysmal.

If They're cheap enough I'll prolly pick up both after the new year.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated]
14. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL? Dec 23, 2010, 14:43 Hump

Its not nearly as bad as it was when Shadowrun came out but it still sucks to see it being used at all.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Quote of the Day
14. Re: Quote of the Day Dec 22, 2010, 09:55 Hump

Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 21:28:
Not only have they been through it, they are still doing it.

I'm not a fan of EA but they have gotten slightly more tolerable over the past couple of years.

I still despise Riccitiello though for his canceling of Multiplayer Battletech 3025 Brood

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Planetside Next Beta Nears
18. Re: Planetside Next Beta Nears Dec 19, 2010, 11:57 Hump

Jerykk wrote on Dec 19, 2010, 02:50:
Hump, this is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand but would you say that you are not a big fan of RPGs and that Oblivion and Morrowind were exceptions to the rule?

Dozey

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Planetside Next Beta Nears
9. Re: Planetside Next Beta Nears Dec 19, 2010, 00:14 Hump

Probably one of the best and most deep FPS games ever made. I pray Sony does justice to the original.  

- Jim Goad

7371 Comments. 369 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo