Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7415 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
36. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 30, 2011, 02:26 Hump

Sorry for the convoluted news Stephen. The IP is my favorite.

to everyone else- Weisman seems to have full confidence in these guys and they seem to be truly interested in the game we've always wanted. I think they'll do a good job.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Renegade X: Beyond Black Dawn
6. Re: Renegade X: Beyond Black Dawn Sep 28, 2011, 18:06 Hump

the weapons and FX look great. I installed UT3 just to play RenX recently. I wasn't aware of this though. Nice surprise.  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
29. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 19:28 Hump

Blue wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:54:
Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:43:
Hump wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:40:
How much you wanna bet that this is the result of a decision by the scumbags the public calls "attorneys"?

I'd bet good money.
Attorneys do what they're told. The attorney created the original license that these guys signed. Someone else made the decision to enforce whatever clause is being used to terminate. Since this was licensed, and assuming it was going to be sold and not released for free, it would have been free money for Gearbox. Someone else decided this wasn't worthwhile, not an attorney.

As the story clearly stated even before the update, the development team put the project on hold, Gearbox did not order them to stop.

I should have clarified...I meant to say it must have been something that gearbox attorneys must have required that caused such a reaction.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
22. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 17:40 Hump

How much you wanna bet that this is the result of a decision by the scumbags the public calls "attorneys"?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
20. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 19:23 Hump

"Making"??

That's a pretty broad definition of the word.

By that same logic are people being held hostage and being forced to play the free games (ie. TF2) Valve distributes?

Its just another ploy of the NEW WORLD ORDER MAAAAANNN!

- Jim Goad

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
48. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 08:35 Hump

PropheT wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 21:54:
Omni wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 21:36:
lol really what a fucking idiot.

I don't get it. Why?

They set out to make a great game that people want to play instead of just focusing on selling copies. That's...kind of what we want, right?

I get the impression that there'd be a thread full of people saying how stupid this guy was no matter what he'd said here.

I think someone mentioned it alreadt but, do you understand that making such a statement when you are working for a publicly held company is beyond moronic? I absolutely guarantee that upper management is doing damage control as we speak. Shareholders investing millions in the company don't want to hear that one of the game leads could give a shit about returns on investments.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
5. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 21:22 Hump

such big balls for someone who knows they'll be getting paid incredibly well whether the game is a success or not. Go start your own studio tough guy and see how much you run your mouth when your first game will make or break you.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 PC vs Console Map Design
2. Re: On Battlefield 3 PC vs Console Map Design Sep 18, 2011, 16:20 Hump

Paketep wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 16:15:
"We're dedicated to making sure each version of Battlefield 3 makes the most out of the platform it's running on, but there are some changes we need to make, especially with consoles compared to PC"

Sure. If the crippled version of BC2 they released for the PC is the most they can do, I pity them and those that bought the game.

In what way was BC2 "crippled" on the PC?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 18, 2011, 14:30 Hump

There needs to be more games like Hard Reset. Just a fun, simple mindless shooter that lets you blow off steam at the end of the day.

Only complaint is that its too short.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > New Gaming Peripherals
5. Re: New Gaming Peripherals Sep 16, 2011, 20:59 Hump

reisub wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 20:26:
I wouldn't go wireless in a million years so I guess I'm an "asshole".

Just bought a new mouse myself. Went from a G9x to a CM Spawn (one of the thumb buttons was dying). These Corsair mice have the same sensor as the G9x I believe, which means they have inherent negative acceleration, so buyer beware. Only issue I'm having with the new one is avoiding pressing middle mouse when I want to scroll. I'm used to the stupidly stiff wheel of the old mouse I guess.

I've talked to other people who still use wired mice and 9/10 times its more of a psychological thing with them. I suppose I can understand that but I still get ticked when ppl claim the accuracy issue is still significant, which it isn't.

Seph, I'm mostly wired as well, not because of any other reason that my router etc still works and Im a cheapskate :). I just go through mice pretty often which is why Im wireless in that area.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > New Gaming Peripherals
1. Re: New Gaming Peripherals Sep 16, 2011, 20:04 Hump

If you still use a wired mouse for....anything, gaming, web browsing, etc, you are an asshole. Plain and simple.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hard Reset Modding
1. Re: Hard Reset Modding Sep 15, 2011, 20:47 Hump

This game is just a blast to play. Not up to Painkiller standards but its scratches the itch.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Preorder Bonuses
1. Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Preorder Bonuses Sep 15, 2011, 20:02 Hump

Please pre-order. These douchebags convinced the politicos in this state (RI) to float a 300 million dollar bond so kurt schilling, (a multi-multi- millionaire) could finance this piece of shit.

I paint houses for a living.....anyone know a state where I can set up a studio to make my very own RTS? Brood

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Xbox LIVE on Windows 8
10. Re: Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 Sep 13, 2011, 21:08 Hump

The brilliance of MS. They had the lead OS on PC's along with two gens of gaming consoles and only now, towards the end of 2nd gen are they talking about ways to get both to complement the other in a meaningful way.

I hope none of the suits up in Redmond are scratching their bloated heads wondering why they are losing ground by large percentages each year to other companies.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
35. Re: Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter Sep 12, 2011, 23:30 Hump

I'm sure Starbreeze will do justice to the game but the title will have the same issue that games like Shadowrun faced.....they insist on tagging the game as a defacto sequel rather than use the IP as a starting point to expanding the scope of the original while leaving open the possibility of doing a proper follow up. Simply putting "a Syndicate Universe Game" would make a LOT of folks more open to whats being done. Unfortunately, like FASA not being open to another naming convention to placate the hardcore may very well kill the studio.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community"
26. Re: Activision: Call of Duty Elite "The Difference Between Social Gaming and a Community" Sep 8, 2011, 17:25 Hump

funny how Nadeo has fostered a vibrant and engaged community with the Trackmania Ip and not nickle-and-dimed the fan base while making plenty of revenue.

Keep sucking that shareholder dick, guys.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hard Reset Demo
19. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 00:18 Hump

Holy shit this thing is fun. great over-the-top Painkiller feel all the way.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
13. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 7, 2011, 19:31 Hump

is this any good?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Ops: Commando Libya Announced
5. Re: Global Ops: Commando Libya Announced Sep 6, 2011, 17:32 Hump

The original was totally underrated (the multiplayer part) shooter that blew CS away at the time. This piece of shit sounds nothing like the original.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2011, 17:19 Hump

Women Fighters In Reasonable Armor. Where's the fun in that?

You missed the obvious comeback, Stephen: "Tits or GTFO!"

- Jim Goad

7415 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo