Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7371 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2011, 12:34 Hump

something about deboning thigh meat makes it turn quickly. I've noticed this the couple of times I've purchased boneless thighs. Best bet is to just debone them yourself. Its kind of tricky due to the fact there are several muscle groups on the bone but keep your blade sharp (and small) and its a snap.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On The Streaming Infringement Bill
38. Re: On The Streaming Infringement Bill Jul 4, 2011, 12:29 Hump

This will change no one's behavior. It will simply give the MPAA/RIAA another questionable revenue stream that uses courts as their collectors and rewards them for not changing their business models to come in line with the rest of the 21st century.  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2011, 14:29 Hump

re: sex doll

That's great, now the degenerate dentists can practice gassing their patients and raping their mouths while they're asleep....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
28. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 14:26 Hump

now how about allowing third party wireless controllers and perhaps mouse support for the 360?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
21. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 19:16 Hump

Jerykk, I understand and respect your points but the game was just recently announced and a very general outline of how the game will work has been released, but thats about it. My gripe is people have passed judgment and buried it simply because its not what they expected.

tribes, the original much loved version, would simply fail financially in 2011 because of the level of skill it takes to get up to speed and play in an average game. yes, its a sad comment on how people are too spoiled nowadays but that's the reality of the situation. It would also fail if they simply made a graphical update to please the hardcore base. No publisher in their right mind would do it.

the biggest thing is that people better start getting used to F2P PC titles because that's the model that is going to be the norm for online MP games. Even Valve, who proved that PC gaming isn't dead, is choosing to make TF2 F2P. Publishers are more likely to fund a game that has a revenue stream over time so they can prop up shareholders expectations. Charging monthly will piss people off and selling it in a traditional manner doesnt net then the money they want plus they bitch about losing money on used game sales.

Personally, I would prefer the old way all around but if this is the only way to get a decent Tribes game put out, I'm willing to give it a shot.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hear Yee, Hear Yee
20. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 18:46 Hump

Did this (insert racial epithet here) actually READ the court decision?

It clearly states WHY it is unconstitutional and NOTHING to do with "corporate interests". What a spineless, bleeding-heart bag-of-shit he is.

The court decision

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/08-1448.pdf

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
12. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 17:42 Hump

Not surprisingly, the brain trust at TribalWar doesn't seem to like it.

Of course no one here will either.

Utterly amazing how people can look at a 60 second trailer and decide that it will suck.

Looks like Tribes to me. Why don't you wait to see how they're going to make money on this before flying off the handle.

you mean using rational thought? C'mon cutter, you've been here long enough to know that you're asking the impossible....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
2. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Jun 24, 2011, 15:36 Hump

Jesus christ these guys are brilliant. Too bad more studios don't go to this extent to make an interesting single player narrative.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
29. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 22, 2011, 09:23 Hump

I'd like to see if this guy is as polite and understanding when they finally release the game and the "community" gets to comment.

I predict Todd Harris will quit working in the industry at that point and go into growing and selling flowers.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Betting on Duke Pays Off
8. Re: Betting on Duke Pays Off Jun 18, 2011, 17:53 Hump

I hope they took care of Dognose over at Shacknews. That poor bastard held the faith since day one.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack to Eventually be Free for All
32. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 17, 2011, 00:24 Hump

I think you are missing the fact that many people could care less what the weapons are, its the fact the they are removing content from the game in order to get you to preorder. If people just sit back and say nothing, what would stop them from removing more content next time? "Wow, we got 10 free guns this time, I love you EA!"

again, I think you guys are missing the fact that games are a BUSINESS. You state its "removing content from the game".....show me where these guns were somehow bullet pointed in the game description. How do you know its not content made specifically for the pre order? You're making assumptions that you beleive are fact but in reality you really dont know now, do you? Matter of fact, the fucking guns could simply be re-skinned versions of existing
weapons and their stats.

"They said the weapons would not give a significant advantage, they didn't say it wouldn't give people an advantage at all. "

you're being pedantic. you are extracting what you think is fact from what EA didn't say?

you guys are starting to sound like TribalWar.com

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack to Eventually be Free for All
22. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 16, 2011, 19:08 Hump

whats laughable is that NO ONE could state conclusively that the weapons in question would be any better or worse. You MIGHT be able to judge if two very high level players went head to head but most players have such different levels of skill and styles of play that 99.9% wouldn't be able to claim that it gave anyone an edge. Its all in peoples minds.

it was embarrassing to watch this thing play out.

- Jim Goad

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 16, 2011, 16:09 Hump

awww, daddy finally gave the babies their pacifier.

BAWWWWWW.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > DICE Addresses Battlefield 3 Preorder Questions
1. Re: DICE Addresses Battlefield 3 Preorder Questions Jun 13, 2011, 21:33 Hump

DICE/EA did the same thing with Bad Company. in no way did it effect the game in the least.

People really need to get ahold of themselves.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > KAOS Studios Closed
15. Re: KAOS Studios Closed Jun 13, 2011, 21:12 Hump

I'm still baffled at how they did a decent job with Frontlines and completely botched Homefront like they did.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BF3 Preorder Backlash
51. Re: BF3 Preorder Backlash Jun 13, 2011, 17:24 Hump

sometimes its embarrassing to be a PC gamer. Do these assholes know what year this is? Its not 1998, we don't have that kind of juice anymore to make boycott threats without publishers laughing in our faces.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2011, 19:19 Hump

Jerykk, would you say its worth the 50 bucks or no?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2011, 15:22 Hump

after reading some of the early hands-on previews I'm asking for my pre-order money back on Duke. I work too hard to throw 50 bucks away on shit.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Kotick Buying Myspace?
16. Re: Kotick Buying Myspace? Jun 9, 2011, 21:15 Hump

I much rather see the headline "Kotick bought the farm"

just saying....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Update
9. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 21:12 Hump

Overon, Eckman and Weisman are actually dedicated to bringing a Mechwarrior game that will finally meet both his (Weismans) and the fans expectations. How much they'll have to give and take is up int the air but I wouldn't write it off at all.  

- Jim Goad

7371 Comments. 369 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo