Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7391 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
39. Re: EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform" Aug 14, 2011, 10:55 Hump

Please don't tell me that, heaven forbid, the suits are starting to realize they need to come up with new business models that are in line with the way people want to play their games and not whine about piracy "killing the industry".  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer
12. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Gameplay Trailer Aug 14, 2011, 04:01 Hump

I'll hold back opinion until Ive played it. Having said that, Croteam couldve spent a few more minutes making the gameplay trailer look more inviting.  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
27. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 12, 2011, 17:31 Hump

anyone remember the underrated goodness of Global Ops?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
99. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 22:58 Hump

Teddy wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 13:50:
Bhruic wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 13:01:
If this is such a big deal with Valve, why don't any of the other digital distributers seem to have the same problem with EA?

Logic has a very simple answer to that. No other digital distributor is financially secure enough to deal with the consequences of losing major EA franchises.

If Valve is really planning on holding their ground on this matter, then they're either hoping that EA will see clear results in terms of loss of sales from not having the game on Steam, or they're betting that they'll make more money from the companies that do cooperate than they'll lose from EA walking away.

It's a matter of creating a precedent. If EA sells their DLC without giving Steam a cut and there are no reprecussions, then other companies will follow suit and Steam could stand to lose a lot more revenue than just what they make off of EA products.

Think for a moment of Activision. CoD map packs are routinely at the top of the Steam sales charts for weeks. If those went to in-game sales that give Steam no cut... then how much of a loss is that alone, not even thinking about the masses of other DLC ridden games out there?

Great observation.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Peter Moore New EA COO
7. Re: Peter Moore New EA COO Aug 5, 2011, 18:36 Hump

What ever happened to Ed Fries? The guy seemed to be one of the few suits who actually understood gamers and what they wanted.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2011, 18:48 Hump

I noticed Martha Quinn looks better than any 52 yr old woman Ive ever seen.

On the flip-side, poor Nina Blackwood sounds like she's been gargling with Jack Daniels and unfiltered Lucky Strikes for a few too many years.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hellgate Easing Beta Access
4. Re: Hellgate Easing Beta Access Aug 1, 2011, 17:29 Hump

Thanks Guys

Its hard to believe how former Blizz employees could fuck up such a cool idea for an IP.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hellgate Easing Beta Access
1. Re: Hellgate Easing Beta Access Aug 1, 2011, 15:46 Hump

has anyone tried this? Is it better than the original?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Origin Spoof
2. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Origin Spoof Jul 30, 2011, 18:22 Hump

I miss the days when Croteam (yes, I know this article references MP game maker Devolver) updated frequently during development. For a dev that worked out of a country that was reduced to rubble with many killed, they had a twisted sense of humor and their updates were always highly entertaining. Unfortunately I've heard almost nothing from them since SS3 began production.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 30, 2011, 18:13 Hump

The game is gold yet its not coming out for at least another month.

I'll never understand marketing, PR etc. Holding it back for some arbitrary date seems moronic.

Then again, I'm just a house painter, wtf do I know.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Brink DLC Next Week
2. Re: Brink DLC Next Week Jul 29, 2011, 17:43 Hump

question is, will there be anyone to download it.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
108. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 24, 2011, 22:11 Hump

PCF are very talented, let them do their thing. Keep Cliffy and Mark Rein OUT of the design pipeline. What hurt this game was the obvious crap that Epic had a hand in putting into Bulletstorm ie; GoW style characters, big meat-heads with juvenile toilet humor thats supposed to be "outrageous" along with the ultra-linear gameplay.

Painkiller is arguably the finest pure shooter ever made. Give them credit for knowing how to make a game. Take your demographic studies and shove them up your ass.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
35. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 18:39 Hump

I can't think of how they could have made a demo for the previous ES games and had it be representative of what you experienced in the game proper. I was fine with all the ones before and no reason why this won't be a great experience as well.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
21. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 10, 2011, 22:31 Hump

KilrathiAce wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 22:21:
Global Agenda was and still is a huge joke and failure. Thus my expectations are low.

agreed, it was pretty dull. But the gameplay videos for Ascend look like it could be entertaining.

it might very well turn out to be shit but I'll keep and open mind.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
18. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 10, 2011, 21:52 Hump

If its fun, I'm playing the fucking thing, especially for free.

Its a game folks, it ain't wall street.

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 21:45:
Upon further review:
"However we will allow players a path to earn loadouts and items more quickly by spending their money rather than their time."

Go fuck your uncles Hi Rez. I honestly wish I knew the idiots in charge of making this decision, I (and I assume many others) want to punch these fuckers in the snout.

No dedicated servers? No mods, no editing.. and.. they are placing some emphasis on melee. Melee? You fucks... this isn't Global Agenda meets Tribes.. god dammit... GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

PAGING SCOTT YOUNGBLOOD... look what this nitwits are doing to your baby!!!!

I have zero hope for this game.. none.

CH, obviously it won't be the original Tribes (or the other two either). Having said that, if you enjoy that style of play and you don't have to shell out a dime, whats the problem? It's either this or no Tribes or Tribes-like gameplay at all.

No, it's not what any of us would ask for in a Tribes game but half a loaf is better than no loaf (bad cliche's, I know)

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Announced
23. Re: PlanetSide 2 Announced Jul 8, 2011, 19:55 Hump

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 19:48:
The gunplay looks a bit weak. I hope the guns are deep in terms of design and use.

you can still play the original game. Give it a shot.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Announced
19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Announced Jul 8, 2011, 18:44 Hump

Beamer wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 11:47:
And actually has gameplay depth. Something that Halo has little of

Disagreed on both sides.
Planetside, at least at launch, was just a slow, shallow shooter. The actual combat was terrible.

Not sure what game you were playing Beamer but NO FPS then (at launch) or since has had the depth of PS.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On PC Skyrim
33. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 07:18 Hump

Bethsoft never disappoints.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit
31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Leak Lawsuit Jul 6, 2011, 15:46 Hump

If you're company security is such that its been leaked to the net, dont blame the uploaders, blame yourselves.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > F2P Global Agenda Thriving
2. Re: F2P Global Agenda Thriving Jul 5, 2011, 00:11 Hump

Good to hear. These seemed like they worked pretty hard to get this game off the ground and its not half bad.

Hopefully they'll do the Tribes IP justice despite the hardcore tantrum babies who are unable to keep an open mind.

- Jim Goad

7391 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo