Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7391 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched
12. Re: Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched Dec 16, 2011, 20:47 Hump

gtrogers wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 14:29:
I am currently in the beta and really, really enjoying the game. Spinfusor feels great and yes there are issues, but HiRez is really listening to the community and taking feedback seriously.

While others will debate about classes/loadouts and the microtransactions, I'll just state that this game FEELS like Tribes and looks and plays great. It's still in beta, so sign up, be patient, and enjoy. It's free and most importantly, fun.

This x10.

I get a kick out of the so called "Vets" who are simply parroting the jerk-offs at TribalWar.com forums. Surprisingly THAT cauldron of fail has quite a few old timers who are enjoying it as well.

It feels like Tribes. As for the other things that are decidedly NON-Tribes...well.....half a loaf is better than none. Get over it

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
35. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 11, 2011, 10:06 Hump

well, this sucks a bag of dicks. Even if they get someone else to fund it it's doubtful they'll be allowed the amount of artistic freedom that made the original games so immersive.  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Patched
19. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patched Dec 9, 2011, 18:06 Hump

Whether you consider it a true Tribes successor or not, this thing is a lot of fun. It does seem a bit stripped down compared to T2 but its still early so I'm hoping for the best. Hell, even some of the TribalWar.com sociopaths are liking it as well. Definitely a better effort than Legions.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2011, 20:39 Hump

Blue wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 08:42:
Hump wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 21:25:
Stephen, was that vid I sent to you already posted or was it too....umm...not familiy friendly enough?

Just curious.

It was a little more gross than funny to me. It was also kind of old and looks like it was a mini-meme at the time, so I figured we just missed the boat on that one either way.

NP. After I sent it I kind of regretted it which is why I even asked about it. I should make it a policy not to send links if I've gone past 6 beers for the evening ....lol.

My apologies.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2011, 21:25 Hump

Stephen, was that vid I sent to you already posted or was it too....umm...not familiy friendly enough?

Just curious.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BRINK Free Weekend
27. Re: BRINK Free Weekend Dec 2, 2011, 17:48 Hump

Verno wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 08:59:
Brink overpromised and underdelivered in every conceivable way. Nothing lived up to the staged trailers, dev blogs and community interaction from Splash. The smart system ended up being a glorified gimmick that had no real impact on gameplay. The game itself had serious technical problems both related to stability and performance. The game featured an incredibly obtuse attachment system, largely meaningless character customization and a frankly bizarre SP/MP format. If all that wasn't bad enough it had very flawed team objective gameplay, marred heavily by poor map design which was previously a Splash Damage strength. They ended doing jack and shit to support it which was the icing on the turd cake.

I can't think of a game that disappointed me as much as Brink did in the past few years. Ok wait, Dragon Age 2. Not exactly the kind of company you want to be associated with

I can't think of a summary of BRINK that is more accurate. Spot-on.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania
6. Re: On ManiaPlanet and ShootMania Nov 26, 2011, 16:47 Hump

Maybe Ubisoft can take a minute from patting itself on the back about the business model Nadeo invented and actually credit Nadeo with taking the initial risks.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Patch
6. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Patch Nov 23, 2011, 17:40 Hump

Was given a beta key and played for a couple days. This definitely is worth looking at. Movement feels great, good visuals etc. The classes/unlocks/tokens etc will take some getting used to but this is definitely Tribes.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam 3: BFE
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam 3: BFE Nov 22, 2011, 18:31 Hump

Not seeing any reviews yet. Anyone got this? How is it?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hard Reset Interview
18. Re: Hard Reset Interview Nov 20, 2011, 20:29 Hump

doesn't matter, hard media will be all but gone within 3 years and any right of first sale we had will be a memory.

We can complain till we're blue but as long as we keep buying and agreeing to their shit EULA's we'll keep getting fucked.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > WWII Online Welcome Back Event
10. Re: WWII Online Welcome Back Event Nov 20, 2011, 13:32 Hump

The graphics were horribly dated the day the game went live. What does it look like now?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hard Reset Interview
5. Re: Hard Reset Interview Nov 20, 2011, 00:25 Hump

They obviously tried to make a game on a low budget in order to get more working capital. It may have been limited in some ways but overall they know how to make a fun old school shooter. It was certainly more fun than much of the dreck thats been released so far this year at full retail prices. Hopefully next time they'll get a bigger budget  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Skyrim Soars
16. Re: Skyrim Soars Nov 12, 2011, 01:04 Hump

Kastagir wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 00:23:
The UI is a nightmare. Certain keys control multiple functions - for example, the same key that's used for sheathing/readying a weapon is used to drop items from your inventory. Unfortunately, if you change this key, they help dialogs and the key reminders at the bottom left of the screen don't update! They still list what the action is according to default keymapping, so you have to look at what the function was originally assigned to by looking at the manual, then finding out what you assigned it to. Problem is that the manual doesn't say that one key controls several functions like sheathe and drop - you have to figure that out for yourself. This is a complete fail and demands a patch to fix the inconsistency. I can't believe they shipped the game with the UI in this state. Sure, it's a bad design, but beyond that, it's BROKEN!

I'm liking the game but I agree with the above. This is not an improvement on previous ES titles UI/menus etc

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview, Art
10. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview, Art Nov 9, 2011, 18:55 Hump

Ruffiana wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 18:05:
Poor fool, you're going to have pitchfork wielding mobs regardless of what you do.

Agreed. While not as rabid as Tribes vets, MW/BT vets can be pretty demanding and unforgiving.

I think if PG stays close to the model of multiplayer Battletech: 3025 MWO will do well. They really need to make the F2P model something compelling though. Chromehounds MP that used an in-game economy seems like it could translate well if adapted for use with real world cash.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > More Fallout MMORPG Legal Stuff
1. Re: More Fallout MMORPG Legal Stuff Nov 9, 2011, 01:13 Hump

Bethsoft obviously made a mistake by licensing Fallout to Interplay because they had no idea that their take on Fallout would be wildly popular. Just chalk it up to experience, perhaps partner with Interplay and get past it. The only people benefiting from this are the parasitic attorneys.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
32. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 20:49 Hump

Joss wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 18:32:
Hump wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 17:52:
..but killing a fucking digital dog deserves a press release...
See that? Information just broke down in less than two pages.

I'm notorious for reading a headline, making assumptions and becoming a self-righteous asshole about something that isn't even on-topic.

My name is Hump. Pleased to meet you.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
24. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 17:52 Hump

Lets see, 1/3rd of Africa is dying due to famine, a huge earthquake just hit Turkey(?) killing many, Japan is still a mess, brutal poverty on every continent on the planet...... but killing a fucking digital dog deserves a press release and action by these "volunteers".

I'm eating an extra helping of meat tonight just to spite these assholes.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow
9. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 4, 2011, 07:25 Hump

Captain, what about the feel overall? Did they nail that at least? I'm reading that they got the feel of the original down quite well and that it just needs some tweaks.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow
2. Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta Tomorrow Nov 3, 2011, 19:15 Hump

Captain, wheres your thoughts on the beta? The NDA is off now, correct?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > More Origin Spyware Accusations
55. Re: More Origin Spyware Accusations Nov 2, 2011, 16:30 Hump

They got caught so instead of taking it out, they change their TOS so they can claim they aren't hiding anything.

You have to be a special kind of worm to work in management.

- Jim Goad

7391 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo