Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7374 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
30. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 17:54 Hump

PHJF wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 13:23:
I play it because it's as old school as they come, which is something I needed after all my time in TF2.

It's not well done and still has a cornucopia of fundamental issues (skiing and projectile physics are hotly debated constantly).

BTW, that's a funny video

It's not done well? Are we playing the same game?

They've done a phenomenal job of emulating the old school feel of the originals while making the F2P aspects not only tolerable but actually interesting. It feels very polished. Even a lot of the nitwits at TribalWar are grudgingly admitting that, for what it is, its pretty decent.

Not sure of what physics issues are present. Physics in comparison with the original or just wonky physics in general?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Mar 8, 2012, 23:14 Hump

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 20:29:
OMG OMG CUTTER LOOK... SCREENSHOTS! *faints*

Unimpressive ones, at that.

What happened to the game Tinker and Smith were working on?

Long story short: Smith & Tinker left when all the major publishers rejected the original Mechwarrior 5 because MS wouldnt allow a PS3 port.

After reading the MWO site and now looking at the screenshots, it was probably for the best.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
83. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 19:10 Hump

ooof.....its uploaded now.

I bet STEAM BOX WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS!

ALL HAIL STEAM_BOX!

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
65. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 16:42 Hump

this happens with nearly every game nowadays. Can't be played without crack. Why was this reported by "Develop" I don't know. its not news.

I smell an EA rat.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
50. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 18:18 Hump

Rhett wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 17:22:
... Back on topic, with less rage:

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. This is kind of what console gamers need, to get out of that buy-god-awful-shit-at-$60-and-be-thankful rut. Put 'em through one good Steam sale, and they'll see.

spouting rational and well thought out dialogue on Blues comments is prohibited. Change your ways or suffer the consequences.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
30. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 15:40 Hump

I'm guessing if this IS going to happen that Valve will premiere Hal Life 3 to make the presentation more memorable.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
57. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 16:30 Hump

Matshock wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 12:09:
Quboid wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 09:52:
Isn't this problem that MegaTextures need to be compressed heavily on consoles? In that case, and I think this was ItBurn's point, isn't this going to happen again (and again and again until consoles ship with AAG 4GB+ VRAM)?

The folks citing compression are right on- there is now an option in RAGE to turn textures to "full on all the time" and it makes a very high demand on the CPU, not the GPU/VRAM.

PC people got screwed out of a decent texture pack, it's that simple. If die-hards are fortunate D4 will be developed for the XBOX720.

The console crowd didn't fare any better. Particularly the PS3.

Carmack losing his touch? I hope not.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hawken Website and Trailer
6. Re: Hawken Website and Trailer Mar 2, 2012, 07:23 Hump

OH NOES, PAY-2-WIN! I WILL NOT BUY THIS, YOU HEAR ME? BAWWWWWWW....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
26. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Mar 1, 2012, 21:13 Hump

Darks wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:23:
InBlack wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 09:51:
The trailer is damn cool, no gameplay footage though.

Yea it does look nice, but an Atlas does not have jump jets, so that Atlas would end up in pieces on the ground after that drop.

Mechs dropping from a Dropship aren't using their JJ's. They are using a dedicated set of jets (my BT knowledge isn't all that great but I remember this bit) that are discarded after the drop.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hawken Gets $10M in Funding
16. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 27, 2012, 17:35 Hump

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 13:08:
Forget it. From looking at it, it looked like a game you'd pay $10-$20 for. Now it's a P2W grind? I'm out.

Go play Tribes Ascend. Tell me how that game is unbalanced because of its revenue stream. You have more variety if you pay but there are plenty of people playing who own who haven't spent a penny.

This assumption is getting a little tired. Do you really think that investors/developers are going squander millions to make something free 2 Play and not want to attract as many people as possible? They are keenly aware that western gamers have this bias and despote every effort and assurance people still blurt the same shit out before they've even had a chance to try it.

Lastly, we are going from an era where we had to pay 50 bucks and had to take a chance that the game we were buying was good (most times it wasn't) to now when we can try the game out and get a fair sampling of the game before we even commit (thats if you even feel you need to). Once you DO choose to spend it will be in small increments instead of one lump sum you'll never see again. How is that such an issue?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed
10. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 01:18 Hump

ugh. Just bury this franchise already. Its obvious that EA can't do its "Allied Assault" game justice and has been chasing CoD ever since. Instead of trying t copy Acti's perennial shooter, make an original game. Press DICE to do something more than running off copies of Bad Company's MP. Instead of trying to copy someone else's formula, try to push the edge of gameplay as we know it. Tell shareholders to go fuck themselves.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off
6. Re: World of Warplanes Global Alpha Takes Off Feb 23, 2012, 18:56 Hump

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 15:50:
This will be just like the World of Tanks a big pay-to-win game. No thanks.

get used to it. This is how most future MP and MMO games will be financed.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
15. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:56 Hump

BTW, the tally for new official Battletech games this is now

Mechwarrior Online
Solaris Assault Tech
Mechwarrior Tactics
Mechwarrior: Tactical Command

The Day 1 game is not a BT product.

Then Hawken

Of course MW: Living Legends.....

*Starts saving for a premium Joystick*

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
13. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:46 Hump

That Catapult looks sharp as hell. I'm not crazy about the humanoid mechs though. They look like the designer went towards a more anime style with those.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Reign of Thunder Announced
3. Re: Reign of Thunder Announced Feb 20, 2012, 11:02 Hump

Poor Day 1, a talented bunch but their timing always stinks. Forget about the official BT stuff in the pipelines but they will be competing directly with Hawken for the arcade gameplay Mech fans. One look at the Hawken videos and its clear that Day 1 is up against some fierce competition.

On the flip side, as a mech fan, I couldn't be happier.

2012: Year of the Mech

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Rumor
13. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 22:51 Hump

Please spare me the "OMG teh integrity of teh JOURNALIST!"

This isn't an embedded reporter in Afghanistan or a journo investigating lobbyist abuses. Its about fucking GAMES. Publishers and game journos respect embargoes and NDA's on a regular basis. Is that unethical? Acti stepped on their cock, had the piece removed and asked Gameblog to do the same with their story. They didn't ask them to overlook payola for a good review, they asked them to remove it because they probably had a significant dollar amount invested in an official roll-out. Gameblog, instead of just having the courtesy of taking it down, decided it would be a good opportunity to join the ranks of victim culture and rally against the big bad evil corporation....MAAANNNNN! I normally side with the underdog in issues akin to this but this is such a blatant attempt at attention whoring for a minor site that I refuse to have any empathy for these hypersensitive babies.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Rumor
2. Re: Black Ops 2 Rumor Feb 18, 2012, 15:00 Hump

For once I'm siding with Acti as much as that pains me. Gameblog are acting as if they are being targeted like political prisoners in a 3rd world nation. Acti messed up and released something by mistake. They asked Gameblog to remove the piece since acti probably had plans for a major roll-out and all the costs involved with that. Instead Gameblog decided to create drama and ignore whatever business relationship etiquette they had to garner attention for their site. Now theyre crying to the game press that they received "unfair" pressure when acti decided to exclude them from future product roll outs etc. Theres no constitutional guarantee of equal access to game announcements. Gameblog acted like petulant little brats and Acti gave them what they deserved. Fuck 'em  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ravaged Announced
7. Re: Ravaged Announced Feb 18, 2012, 11:22 Hump

ASeven wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 05:46:
Hump wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 00:23:
Reading the site it looks like this is being made by some veterans of Kaos studios (Desert Combat mod, Frontlines, etc). Hopefully its the ones who knew how to make a MP game fun rather than the abysmal shit we got in "Homefront".

They might be since they also mention they worked on BF2.

There was some controversy about the fact that Kaos did the prototype work for BF2 and weren't allowed to finish the initial build by EA thereby getting screwed out of 300k. After that they regrouped and put out Frontlines. That game's MP was actually superior to Battlefield in many ways. Unfortunately they never got around to fixing the horrible performance of the Unreal tech they licensed.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ravaged Announced
1. Re: Ravaged Announced Feb 18, 2012, 00:23 Hump

Reading the site it looks like this is being made by some veterans of Kaos studios (Desert Combat mod, Frontlines, etc). Hopefully its the ones who knew how to make a MP game fun rather than the abysmal shit we got in "Homefront".  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > ShootMania: Storm Art
1. Re: ShootMania: Storm Art Feb 15, 2012, 17:17 Hump

"More information coming soon."

Man, I hope so. that artwork isn't doing the build-up any favors.

"Effeminate Space Rangers"....not a shooter I'm interested in

- Jim Goad

7374 Comments. 369 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo