Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7418 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Juarez Tease
4. Re: Call of Juarez Tease Sep 5, 2012, 17:23 Hump

jimnms wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 14:57:
I still need to play the 2nd CoJ. I bought it on one of those flat round things a while back for about $5, but haven't installed it yet.

It's quite linear but the story is immersive with the gameplay to match.

Given Techland's competence up until CoJ2 Im surprised they released such a piece of shit for the 3rd game of the series.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
29. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 22:01 Hump

How about addressing the mincing, light-in-the-loafers Aliens and THEN worry about custom gender roles there fellas?  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta For All Keyholders
5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta For All Keyholders Aug 25, 2012, 18:05 Hump

Smeds twitter stating they are working on a crash fix. Looks like the servers filled up pretty fast this morning. Sounds like theyre going to bring more online

https://twitter.com/j_smedley

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta For All Keyholders
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta For All Keyholders Aug 25, 2012, 18:01 Hump

In a holding pattern here as well. So far I am absolutely sure about one thing: I need a new PC. This game is going to beat the shit out of a weak system during beta.

If your rig is 4 yrs old or older, don't bother trying to get in. For laptops, only dedicated gaming systems need apply.

other than that, this looks promising.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Weapons Videos
10. Re: Borderlands 2 Weapons Videos Aug 17, 2012, 18:15 Hump

The Tediore video is wonderfully sick.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
7. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 16, 2012, 23:06 Hump

Copyright/Trademark law. benefiting only lawyers and untalented hacks since time immemorial.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2012, 20:28 Hump

Buy a Subaru  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Epic Buys Remainder of People Can Fly
12. Re: Epic Buys Remainder of People Can Fly Aug 13, 2012, 17:40 Hump

The destruction of a once great Polish developer is now complete. Nice job Epic.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Gets GoW Producer
12. Re: BioShock Infinite Gets GoW Producer Aug 9, 2012, 18:49 Hump

Beamer wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 18:30:
Hump wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 17:09:
I don't know about Gerritsen but Nate Wells (art director) seems nearly irreplaceable. The design and art style of Bioshock and what I've seen of infinite are so well realized that I can't think of many other games that can approach that level of depth.

Yeah, but Nate Wells wasn't the art director of Bioshock, he was a level designer and concept artist. Scott Sinclair was the art director of BioShock, and he's replaced Nate Wells on this. So, if anything, this will make this more BioShockey.

Weird, though, for Rod Fergusson. GoW sells more than BioShock, and was pretty much all him, working with CliffyB but, from what I gather, doing more day to day stuff. Now he's working with Ken Levine as the same role. You'd think, if anything, he'd want to be the big idea guy.

ah ok. thanks for the heads up. The styles were so similar i assumed it was Wells.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Gets GoW Producer
7. Re: BioShock Infinite Gets GoW Producer Aug 9, 2012, 17:09 Hump

I don't know about Gerritsen but Nate Wells (art director) seems nearly irreplaceable. The design and art style of Bioshock and what I've seen of infinite are so well realized that I can't think of many other games that can approach that level of depth.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Source 2 Engine Hint
32. Re: Source 2 Engine Hint Aug 6, 2012, 22:38 Hump

Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:22:
Hump wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 17:15:
This isn't surprising since Episode 3 will be the last of the series. peoples expectations will be very high so a new engine upgrade will be in order.

I doubt they'll be able top the stunning E3 demonstration for Source/HL2
but Valve isnt known for doing anything half-assed so Im sure it'll be impressive.

E3, assuming there's even an E3 and not a HL3, will be the last of the series?

or the end of that particular story arc.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Source 2 Engine Hint
27. Re: Source 2 Engine Hint Aug 6, 2012, 17:15 Hump

This isn't surprising since Episode 3 will be the last of the series. peoples expectations will be very high so a new engine upgrade will be in order.

I doubt they'll be able top the stunning E3 demonstration for Source/HL2
but Valve isnt known for doing anything half-assed so Im sure it'll be impressive.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
38. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 15:18 Hump

why does he even have to ask this question? What Blood fan is going to say no?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor
38. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 17:10 Hump

former eastern block studios have a completely different way of making games. While much of it comes off as amateurish, they are much less beholden to the bean-counters and tend to go with cool ideas and worry about the logistics later. Obviously this way of making a game is what caused GSC's trouble with getting the game onto the market, but its hard to argue with the results.

I'm sure Bethesda will make a decent product, but I seriously doubt they could ever capture what made the original games special.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
21. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 19:09 Hump

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 18:46:
The entire point of this thread is too just fuel the rumors and hatred of EA and Battlefield. It was nothing more than a listing error so why keep it open? Why is this even a topic? Oh yea to get more hits to crappy gaming sites that pass it's dribble off as rumors. There is nothing to discuss to be honest. There is no Battlefield 4 for now and the $70 is for the new medal of honor premium.

yeah, Stephen is a real opportunistic dirtbag who is becoming as wealthy as Midas on the backs of poor, clueless kids. Dozey

Holy shit, where do these idiots come from.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access?
15. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter to Grant Battlefield 4 Beta Access? Jul 14, 2012, 17:43 Hump

There was no bigger fan of the Battlefield IP than myself. I played BF3 for 10 minutes and uninstalled it. It was simply an expanded version of the Bad Company games. I liked the Bad Company games but expected far more innovation from the original IP. Evidently "innovation" is now interchangeable with the term "micro-transactions" and "DLC".  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
13. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 5, 2012, 21:13 Hump

id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE

if only we could

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jul 3, 2012, 23:02 Hump

The designer of the exotic Volkswagen Kharman Ghia. The engine of a Beetle, the looks of a sports car. Its downfall was one needed a year of Chiropractic services to continue its use.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation
22. Re: PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation Jun 26, 2012, 17:36 Hump

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:11:
Hump wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:12:
Pretty lofty thing to say given there was 0 actual gameplay in this video

theres a shit-ton of gameplay media on youtube. Community guy "TotalBiscuit" recorded several hours worth from the E3 floor, not to mention the officially released sruff.

Lastly, this is the same team that did PS1.....the greatest game ever.

Is Dave "Smokejumper" Georgeson still with them? I thought he had left?

I liked PS1 alot, was in the beta, played for the first few months it was up. Looking forward to this. Free is even better.

I beleive Dave came in at a later date in the games development. I don't beleive he's there now. While I thought he was a great producer, he seems to not be a favorite among other devs who have worked under him and especially the crew at TribalWar.com (they felt he was responsible for "ruining" their beloved IP)

he was responsible for Tribes 2 and Heavy Gear 2, some of the finest games of the late 90's to early 2k's (IMHO)

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation
19. Re: PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation Jun 26, 2012, 15:59 Hump

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:12:
Pretty lofty thing to say given there was 0 actual gameplay in this video

theres a shit-ton of gameplay media on youtube. Community guy "TotalBiscuit" recorded several hours worth from the E3 floor, not to mention the officially released sruff.

Lastly, this is the same team that did PS1.....the greatest game ever.

- Jim Goad

7418 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo