Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7386 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
28. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 15:11 Hump

I haven't gone to FP in 5 years or more. I'd forgotten all about it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 2 "Frozen"; MMOFPS Survarium Announced
39. Re: Skyrim Versus ThreatFire Apr 26, 2012, 01:53 Hump

yonder wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 19:58:
Apparently Bethesda bought the rights, so that's why the team isn't doing/won't be doing it.

Thats troubling since I dont think Beth has the talent to continue a game such as STALKER

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 2 "Frozen"; MMOFPS Survarium Announced
23. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: 2 "Frozen"; MMOFPS Survarium Announced Apr 25, 2012, 17:34 Hump

yah, I'll contribute money to a bunch of eastern Europeans and sit confidently knowing they won't take a walk with the funding.

..... and Russian hookers have hearts of gold

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Something Growing at The Farm 51
4. Re: Something Growing at The Farm 51 Apr 17, 2012, 19:10 Hump

Ratty wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 17:48:
necrovision was so so. Not as good as Painkiller but I played through it twice so that says something.

It was certainly better than Bulletstorm.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
121. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 17:34 Hump

Epic fucked the game up. they should have let PCF alone to do what they do best.....make great old school shooters  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
40. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 17:44 Hump

I can't think of a better game for a Kickstarter fund. Weisman never fails to impress with his ideas.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans
10. Re: Grim Dawn Status Report; Release Plans Apr 1, 2012, 07:43 Hump

the game videos look pretty impressive.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback
39. Re: BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback Mar 19, 2012, 13:09 Hump

forget the ending, how about finishing that PvP style multiplayer they started then canceled.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Dishonored Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 23:05 Hump

for a game I'm really looking forward to, these two guys nearly put me to sleep.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
18. Re: Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans" Mar 11, 2012, 18:08 Hump

Daikatana multiplayer was a lot of fun.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer Mar 10, 2012, 07:23 Hump

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 04:47:
So what happens when 1 of your 4 squad members disconnects, suddenly its 4 vs 3 and you lose, when a bot would take over, you might not.

Is simple developer laziness, there is no reason not to have bots and skirmishes apart from the fact that it takes effort.

I would hardly call these guys "lazy". Second, if someone drops out you will be faced with the same issue had one of your lancemates been killed.....you soldier on and do the best you can. If you win the victory is that much sweeter. Lastly, we don't know if there will or won't be bots.

BT fans are truly lucky that we have Russ and Bryan attached to this project. They "get it". Much of what they are implementing is stuff that we've dreamed about for years but never saw.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
36. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 19:08 Hump

PHJF wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 18:53:
Not sure of what physics issues are present. Physics in comparison with the original or just wonky physics in general?

Jetpacks are too weak and behave horribly under all circumstances. Having to mash the spacebar repeatedly just to turn is not smart design (yeah I switched MB2 and space, wanna fight about it?). Weapons are a total clusterfuck of varying inheritance. Piloting vehicles is just awkward across the board.

The maps are all shit, too, heavily favoring cappers (temple ruins was better in this regard). Nox is the only map I can't really complain about design wise, except it's too small.

I started to enjoy it much more once I stopped trying to compare it with the originals. Generally speaking, you get the same experience but you have to adapt to the changes, not all of which are bad.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
30. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 17:54 Hump

PHJF wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 13:23:
I play it because it's as old school as they come, which is something I needed after all my time in TF2.

It's not well done and still has a cornucopia of fundamental issues (skiing and projectile physics are hotly debated constantly).

BTW, that's a funny video

It's not done well? Are we playing the same game?

They've done a phenomenal job of emulating the old school feel of the originals while making the F2P aspects not only tolerable but actually interesting. It feels very polished. Even a lot of the nitwits at TribalWar are grudgingly admitting that, for what it is, its pretty decent.

Not sure of what physics issues are present. Physics in comparison with the original or just wonky physics in general?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Mar 8, 2012, 23:14 Hump

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 21:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 20:29:
OMG OMG CUTTER LOOK... SCREENSHOTS! *faints*

Unimpressive ones, at that.

What happened to the game Tinker and Smith were working on?

Long story short: Smith & Tinker left when all the major publishers rejected the original Mechwarrior 5 because MS wouldnt allow a PS3 port.

After reading the MWO site and now looking at the screenshots, it was probably for the best.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
83. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 19:10 Hump

ooof.....its uploaded now.

I bet STEAM BOX WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS!

ALL HAIL STEAM_BOX!

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
65. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 16:42 Hump

this happens with nearly every game nowadays. Can't be played without crack. Why was this reported by "Develop" I don't know. its not news.

I smell an EA rat.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
50. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 18:18 Hump

Rhett wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 17:22:
... Back on topic, with less rage:

I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. This is kind of what console gamers need, to get out of that buy-god-awful-shit-at-$60-and-be-thankful rut. Put 'em through one good Steam sale, and they'll see.

spouting rational and well thought out dialogue on Blues comments is prohibited. Change your ways or suffer the consequences.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
30. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 15:40 Hump

I'm guessing if this IS going to happen that Valve will premiere Hal Life 3 to make the presentation more memorable.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
57. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 16:30 Hump

Matshock wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 12:09:
Quboid wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 09:52:
Isn't this problem that MegaTextures need to be compressed heavily on consoles? In that case, and I think this was ItBurn's point, isn't this going to happen again (and again and again until consoles ship with AAG 4GB+ VRAM)?

The folks citing compression are right on- there is now an option in RAGE to turn textures to "full on all the time" and it makes a very high demand on the CPU, not the GPU/VRAM.

PC people got screwed out of a decent texture pack, it's that simple. If die-hards are fortunate D4 will be developed for the XBOX720.

The console crowd didn't fare any better. Particularly the PS3.

Carmack losing his touch? I hope not.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hawken Website and Trailer
6. Re: Hawken Website and Trailer Mar 2, 2012, 07:23 Hump

OH NOES, PAY-2-WIN! I WILL NOT BUY THIS, YOU HEAR ME? BAWWWWWWW....  

- Jim Goad

7386 Comments. 370 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo