Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7359 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
64. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 12, 2014, 00:13 Hump

I meant demo as in "demonstration"...NOT a playable demo. trust me, I understand where they're at with this.

The SC team couldve cobbled together something a little more exciting IMO. With the amount of cash theyve received they should have a PR team 2nd to none.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
62. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 23:53 Hump

Elite: Dangerous is less feature rich but at least it has the basics right.

For the amount of money fans invested in this thing, they deserved a better demo.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
32. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 30, 2014, 21:41 Hump

Get yourself a gamepad for this one folks  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
4. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 09:45 Hump

I wish the hell they would do a simple deathmatch multiplayer for this game.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
5. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 19:51 Hump

havent seen anything on the Tom Clancy MMO "The Division" since it got announced last year. That game looked badass in the trailer.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released Mar 14, 2014, 20:40 Hump

why oh why does this beta have to be so expensive?

I want this so badly.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Strike Vector Free Content Released
5. Re: Strike Vector Free Content Released Mar 1, 2014, 06:34 Hump

I keep meaning to look into this game, but never get around to it. How is it?

Good fun but the learning curve is brutal.

When I say "learning curve" I don't mean complexity (that aspect is gloriously simple) I'm referring to getting acclimated to the speed of combat.

Also, the levels are highly detailed and its difficult to pick out a small ship among the background....even with the directional arrows that the game has.

or, to put it simply, take Descent/Forsaken and crank it to 11.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Renegade X Open Beta Released
1. Re: Renegade X Open Beta Released Feb 26, 2014, 11:17 Hump

Still pretty buggy. Another month of work before the release wouldve done this a world of good.

Having said that, its still just as fun as it always has.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Steam Video Capture Utility
12. Re: Steam Video Capture Utility Feb 24, 2014, 20:42 Hump

MS had all the time in the world and all the resources to do what STEAM has done and do it on two major gaming platforms.

Glad to see that business model of selling their beloved OS is at least working well for them.

ugh

EDIT: Wrong thread. I'll just stfu now.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Vector Thrust Announced
3. Re: Vector Thrust Announced Feb 24, 2014, 13:44 Hump

Im sure the Strike Vector guys are thrilled about the name of this title.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
38. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 19:46 Hump

No surprises here.

Scott and George have exposed themselves time and time again as the two biggest shitbags the gaming industry ever spawned.

Someone needs to sit them down and explain to them that money needs to be earned by hard work, not just catching up on their quarterly legal retainer payments.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Dying Light Tease
17. Re: Dying Light Tease Feb 8, 2014, 20:06 Hump

Just what the game marketplace needs, another zombie apocalypse title.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > John Carmack on Leaving id
18. Re: John Carmack on Leaving id Feb 5, 2014, 00:37 Hump

Once again, Lawyers fuck up everything that is good.

It amazes me that companies involved in the arts (music, games, film, etc) have to vett their creative vision to mindless human garbage who almost always are totally clueless to the needs/wants of the marketplace.

Cunts. Wall

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
38. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 17:53 Hump

Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:56:
Unless they've added to it, the early access honestly isn't as fun as the tech demo. Two small tracks, with less environment detail than Ultimate Carnage. I understand it's not final, so I'm just gonna let it sit. I spent way, WAY more time in the tech demo, as it oddly offers more to do than the early access game.

And I still believe they should allow for people to play the tech demo map in multiplayer as part of the full game. We'd invent our own weird game rules, they wouldn't need to do much other than tacking the map into the track list.
There are 2 race tracks and a demo derby stadium in the early access game. Each race track can be raced 12/24 or no car at all (practice mode)
I have been playing the demo derby mode with 24 cars and loving it.
The races are fun too to mix things up a bit.
I think ones it is finished it will be an amazing racing game.

I bought this in early-access on Steam. To be honest, the current offering isn't worth the approximate $25 they are asking for it. Yeah, you get a couple race tracks and a demo derby arena. There are two playable cars.

It's fun, sure, but you can literally play through all the offered content in 10 minutes, and then you are repeating.

Not sure what one would expect. you are helping them build the final product. The demo shouldn't be viewed as anything other than a taste while they work on the full game. Relax and be patient while the final product is on its way.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
37. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 17:44 Hump

Good for them. These guys deserve the support.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
25. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 13:38 Hump

That vile piece of garbage, Crossfire, has made nearly a Billion dollars???

we deserve every shit game the industry foists upon us.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
39. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 17:22 Hump

Im thinking they can afford to release the game for free.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
33. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 30, 2013, 20:38 Hump

"mobile game"? seems you know nothing then. Go look at the amazing game they are working on FOR PC AND NEXT GEN platforms.

You are the cancer that is killi.....ah, never mind

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
14. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 23:13 Hump

Last game Cliff was involved in that was worthwhile was UT2k4. Unless he's capable of resurrecting that experience for current gen players he should just stay put wherever he is.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Project Ascender Revealed
1. Re: Project Ascender Revealed Dec 6, 2013, 21:42 Hump

RotT remake was a big disappointment. Hope this fares better  

- Jim Goad

7359 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo