Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7449 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Beta Filling Up
11. Re: The Division Beta Filling Up Jan 30, 2016, 06:39 Hump

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 21:33:
I will say the game looks good. Beta is fairly limited size wise, but if you love weather fx the game is amazing. So far have to say I'm rather enjoying it, until I get a team of idiots who want to go into the dark zone and just start randomly attacking people and getting us killed.

Thats been the fear from the get go. While the E3 videos looked glorious as one could play both against NPC's and other players, nobody considered human nature. People, particularly young teenagers, are cunts. The game is going to devolve into PVP trolling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
13. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 09:13 Hump

BTW, I wish to hell that they'd restart production on Prey II. That game was looking amazing before they dropped it.  

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
10. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 05:52 Hump

Gone Gold - Bombshell

*cue sound of crickets*

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
40. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve? Jan 8, 2016, 19:12 Hump

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 14:39:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 14:20:
I don't even know what I'd want to see in a Half Life 3 to be honest. It's not like the story was super compelling so I feel like I really need to have an ending.

^ this

There isn't enough yawning in the world to do HL justice. Fuck this overrated garbage and let it die.

You have lost your fucking mind.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
15. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 12, 2015, 15:52 Hump

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2015, 15:16:
We should all thank Derek Smart for providing the motivational force behind getting Cloud Imperium Games to get off their lazy asses and release this update to the CryEngine tech demo known as Star Citizen.

Im not laughing. This is probably the most accurate statement one could make about the game.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
24. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 19:34 Hump

Oh, look! someone who got their kickstarter goal and actually built what they said they would!

Shocking!

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
12. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:18 Hump

Really? If you choose to be a PC gamer, it's about time you get yourself a PC with specs equal or better than these recommended specs.

Not trying to sound like an asshole. Just stating what seems to be the obvious to me.

Ive been PC gaming for 20 years. I understand the importance of getting the best hardware you can afford but to my mind min specs for video cards in gaming should start at the $100 mark.

A quick check seems to have a GTX 670 coming in at over $200.

Just my opinion.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
4. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 11:16 Hump

Video specs seem a bit steep.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
10. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 21, 2015, 08:51 Hump

No one gives a shit.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
46. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 16:40 Hump

nearly every review is being done by some some early 20-something who never played the first two Battlefronts. They simply don't get why the game is over-the-top arcadey.

For its part I think DICE captured the frantic feel of the originals but they dropped the ball by implementing their stupid leveling system rather than just keeping things class-based.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
13. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 16:34 Hump

I give Jade credit for tolerating nearly every comment from the zit-faced mouth breathers about her looks rather than any talent she has.

After the shit she had to endure with AC Im surprised she signed on for this.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 Moderators Revolt Nov 13, 2015, 12:10 Hump

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 10:14:
Meanwhile, at Overkill:

"Our moderators are threatening to quit!!!"

... *crickets*

"Guys?"

Meanwhile, some kid chained to a loom in India is happy with the used syringe he found that he can play darts with.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2015, 10:36 Hump

My Dad was veteran of WWII. He was a radio operator on a B-25 Micthell reconnaissance plane in the So. Pacific. he passed twenty years ago. And my Oldest brother who went to Vietnam, got shot in the head and shoulder receiving a Purple Heart. He survived and fully recovered. He's now retired and living the good life in Connecticut.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > On Fallout 4's Graphics
60. Re: On Fallout 4's Graphics Nov 5, 2015, 08:21 Hump

looking at the trailers, it seems like they're making the color palette more vibrant which I like. Fallout 3 came out around the time when every game had to have that Gears of War, grey "realistic" palette which looked like shit.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
10. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 14:46 Hump

"Today marks a new beginning nail in the coffin for Quake Live"

fixed

- Jim Goad

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
3. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 22, 2015, 20:40 Hump

Nothing like a little mindless deathmatching after a days work.

This looks really good.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Footage?
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Footage? Oct 21, 2015, 10:28 Hump

I'd like a Battlefront using Freed Radicals game design along with the Frostbyte Engine from DICE. Bring back classes, dammit!  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BATTLETECH Expanded Merc Campaign Coming
7. Re: BATTLETECH Expanded Merc Campaign Coming Oct 18, 2015, 16:45 Hump

only $250k theyre looking for? Weisman must be dumping a lot of his own (substantial amount of) cash into the game.

Sounds perfect for a tablet.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 08:32 Hump

Kxmode wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 23:31:
Did you guys know here in the United States you can't watch videos on video.aljazeera.com. I had to proxy over to Canada to watch featured reports about the refuge crisis in Europe. It's so weird because I can watch RT's live broadcast and that's produced by the Russian government. Isn't broadcasting on the Internet different than broadcasting on television? I mean it feels like the videos on aljazeera should be available.

Anyhow, I thought it was interesting...

Ironically, Ive found (and its been stated by many) that aljazeera is more fair and balanced than most western news outlets.

RT is sensationalist shiite though.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
17. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 14:27 Hump

Id be curious to see the results of that exit questionnaire ....  

- Jim Goad

7449 Comments. 373 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo