Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

64. Re: Op Ed Aug 26, 2014, 23:16 Sepharo

Jensen wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 20:34:
The video compares the hatred Anita Sarkeesian gets to the hatred Jack Thompson got to basically say "see, it's nothing about her gender, it's just the content."
I'm sorry, but I must have missed the part where Anita tried to sue people and change laws. I also missed the part where she linked specific crimes to video games.

I gave up trying to find the part you're referencing but I would assume that he means the hatred is because gaming is being attacked, not because she's a woman. Had a male made the same videos she did (and the same level of publicity) he would most likely also get hatred from gamers. I doubt he was saying their actions are equivalent because that wouldn't make sense... like you said, suing people and changing laws isn't the same as youtube videos about sexism in mario.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo