Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

55. Re: Op Ed Aug 25, 2014, 15:20 mag

Prez wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 13:04:
Personally I don't like the term "social justice" for the same reason I don't like people like Sarkeesian and Quinn. They take a legitmate issue and agendize it to the point that the goal of a movement and/or meaning of a term mutates into something it was never intended to be. I like the idea of equal justice and treatment for everyone in society. But the term "social justice" has been used and abused by the "Social Justice Warriors" to the point that it has become a negative term for many. That's why it really fits in my mind. They don't stand for actual social justice. They satnd for their own warped vision of what they think justice should be.

The "If your not a feminist you're a misogynist" quote comes to mind.

People get bent so out of shape about 'feminism' without defining terms. For most people that would call themselves feminists, feminism is the belief that women should be treated equally to men--and yes, it's feminism and not 'personism' because in most (not all) situations, it's women that are marginalized.

So yes, if you are not a person that believes women should be treated equally, you might be a misogynist. The problem is that to other people (mostly, and usually mistakenly, men) 'feminism' is this scary belief that men are evil and should be punished for having penises.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo