Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Toxikk Dedicated Servers Requested Aug 6, 2014, 08:06 RenownWolf

It's highly confusing o_0 They are using the Unreal Engine (be it 3.0 or 4.0), it has dedicated servers and lan functionality built in.

So they are purposefully removing a feature of the engine to control servers... They must have seen how Battlefield now makes money via controlling the servers (albeit they are numerous and easy to get) and wanted in on that action.

I'm not understanding why devs want to control the servers so badly, I rather miss community run servers with Admins who actively moved against cheaters/dickheads. I know there are still servers with active admins, but it just doesn't seem the same. Unless the cheat detection finds the hack, a public server now usually has a cheater that can come in and empty it out damn fast.

http://www.renownwolf.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo