Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 09:58 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:02:
I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.

Steam in particular is a non issue, because you can emulate steam You just have to store the patched games in some way on your PC. I get what you mean, but if you have the will, you can actually "own" any game. As long as it resides 100% on your storage. Games like D3 and all other fake MMO's are the real issues. But then you never owned them begin with, you just bought access

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo