Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

86. Re: Ubisoft's Newfound DRM Insight Jun 22, 2014, 13:16 Dev

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 12:30:
I just bought FarCry3 on the steam sale yesterday and already have buyers remorse... had I known I'd need to sign up for uPlay I would have never bought it.
It does mention that at the bottom of the steam page in the additional requirements. Not very noticeable I admit.

However, I much prefer enhanced steam plugin for chrome, and buying games from a web browser. That plugin adds a BIG RED BANNER at the top for any 3rd party DRM. In this case on that page it says "Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Ubisoft Uplay)"
As in nearly all options on this wondrous plugin, it's configurable

I love features like showing what DLC I've purchased. Prior to this I had to add all DLC to cart in steam (which for BL2 is quite a lot), see if steam said I didn't own all of them, try to purchase the last 2 that the cart said I didn't own, then get to the final payment page and find out I really did own one more of them steam just couldn't figure it out. Also on the ones I didn't own I had to remove one at a time from the cart. This plugin shows exactly which ones I own and don't own.

It also shades items I've wishlisted, which I've own, which other's have wishlisted (again everyone of this is optional and configurable). Makes it SO MUCH EASIER TO BUY.

OMG valve, please hire a dedicated GUI guy.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo