Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 17:31 yonder

I don't understand all the hate for the complete lack of single-player. I saw this as a return to the pure multiplayer game, like Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 Arena. I don't remember a lot of crying about the lack of SP campaigns in those games.

Sure, it was because those games stood on their own with MP only, but... why not apply the same standards to Titanfall?

For the record, I haven't played it, but I do believe in judging a game PROPERLY. Titanfall isn't pretending to be something it's not from everything I can tell (with the exception of pretending to be an Xboner killer app).

Don't like twitch games? That's cool. I used to, but I'm old now, and it really doesn't appeal to me outside of possibly playing with my friends (who are old now too). I remember going to a mega-LAN recently and played UT with a youngster who was somewhere between 15 and 22. We got ANNIHILATED. Back in the day, we were top of the game. Obviously he was much, much better than us, but to be blunt, it's no fun playing against players of that caliber. So... twitch doesn't appeal to me anymore.

But obviously... twitch shooters are still a huge thing. I just don't understand the hate. Mostly tho the above-stated SP-campaign comparisons.

WHY do you think you need a SP campaign? You can play against bots, correct? Then who cares?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo