Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

62. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 00:48 jimnms

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 19:46:
jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:37:
They said that the Steam version will not use DRM, so once you download it, you can copy it to any other computer of yours and run it without Steam.
Hmm you sure about that? I am pretty sure Steam made steam DRM a requirement for any new games on the service after a few years back. Some games like skyrim IIRC, got by this by making only the launcher use the steam DRM, but you could launch the main exe and it bypassed steam, but in later update Steam made it mandatory on everything and they had no choice but to lock up all the exes. MP doesn't really matter to me but the steam workshop might be one of those features I'd want to use. While I don't mind steam, if given a choice it's always DRM-Free for me, so either way I am buying the GoG version.

I'm pretty sure Steam hasn't made DRM a requirement, unless they've done it very recently. The PCGaming Wiki's List of DRM Free Games on Steam shows lots of titles less than a year old.

I looked for the post on Larian's forums regarding Steam and DRM, but I can't find it. It might have been in one of the Kickstarter updates though. I posted the question, maybe I'll get an answer soon.

MeanJim on Steam

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo