Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

35. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 6, 2014, 08:12 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 07:53:
I'm not sure I totally understand that last sentence (I'm sure it'll make sense later, perhaps after I fully wake up), but I did go to the Command Name tab (assuming that's the right one) and put on in...Thanks!

Kicking off the install now, before work...

When you login to MP your name will not appear in game you will be called backer #xxxx (x-a number )
You have to login to that website I linked and request your commander name what you will be called in game.
They check every single commander name requests manually and assign it to your account so when you login the next time (into multiplayer) you will have your requested commander name as opposed to your backer plate number.
The process will take a few days because like I said they check every single name to make sure nobody registers commander Chris Roberts or something like that

Here is the copy paste info from the forum:
Hi everyone,

As most of you probably know, at the beginning of this week we opened up the facility for all alpha and premium beta players to finally change their commander names, through https://support.orerve.net/. Well today we attempted a batch update of names for the first time, and it turns out a nasty Trumble may have got stuck in the works...

The result of this is that any name requests that have been made through orerve.net this week have sadly been lost, and will need to be resubmitted. We're extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, and will busy ourselves with approving all of your commander names in preparation for the beta!

The process for submitting your commander name is the same as before:

1. Login at: https://support.orerve.net/
2. Navigate to the ‘COMMANDER PROFILE’ tab
3. Enter your desired new commander name in the ‘Request a New Name’ field and press the ‘Request Name Change’ button.
4. If this is approved it will update the commander name at the top of the page.
5. If it is automatically denied a red message will appear above the field, stating the reason for the rejection.
6. If it is manually denied the player will receive an email telling them that their name has been rejected, once the batch update is complete.

If you have any questions feel free to pitch them below, and sorry again!
Link to the forum post

Hopefully this makes a little more sense

Steam: SpectralMeat

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo