Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 9, 2014, 16:03 Ceribaen

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 8, 2014, 16:38:
Ceribaen-
It's different for sure! I heal on my Esper, and I have telegraphs and AoE non-targeted heals. For one of my heals, it lays down a long strip of healing space in front of me. To you as someone I want to heal, you'd see a green line.. something like 25 foot of a green space. If you stood in it, you'd get healed. So for me, I need to line up people I want to heal with. It's not simple as just clicking and healing. However, there are healing spells that are click and heal, ans well as AoE heals you'd find in other MMOs. The telegraph system is pretty cool though, it's different.. it makes you have to position yourself correctly, and not just sleepwalk through healing like I have done in other MMOs.

Creston- The game has so much more than just end game raiding.. but the devs have said that for end game raiders, they will have a good challenge. Will there be a big enough base to sustain the game.. I don't know. You could say that about any MMO that doesnt already have a base. Look what Rift did.. unknown IP.. came in and did well. I don't see why Carbine can't do that with Wildstar.

I'll say this.. if Blizzard/Valve made WS.. it'd be insanely popular.

Downloaded it last night - gave it a quick spin before work this morning... finished out the tutorial area I think (have the choice now as to which area I want to go to and leaving the Ark Ship behind).

I'll say this - the music is nice. First mmo in a while I didn't want to turn sound off and just listen to my own stuff.

Made myself an Esper - combat is... different. Not used to having to stand still to attack (is this for all classes or just some abilities?) Otherwise has a bit of a GW2 feel about it (as a recent comparison).

I actually see this more as a crossover between WoW and GW2 from my first impressions in the tutorial.

Going to be spending my forseeable free time with it though to see what it's all about and maybe try an engineer too.

The way the minimap works isn't entirely intuitive though, I found myself more just clicking the quest to get the direction arrow to tell me where to go next.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo