Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

60. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 17:30 Cyanotetyphas

Beamer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 11:03:
I always find it kind of interesting when people "play games for the story."
Outside of a small handful, almost every game story is pretty weak and poorly presented.

When I'm out just for story, I read, which I probably do as much as game these days. Books, those have stories. Video games? They have ideas that sort of form into a bit of a story.

Story here might as well mean atmosphere. I'm currently playing through Metro 2033 (God save the backlog) and while the shooting, stealth, scavenge gameplay is good, it's really the setting that makes it good. I'm enjoying wandering the mutant infested subway tunnels and sprinting across the toxic wasteland surface. I wouldn't really call that the gameplay because its the narrative adornments that make it fun, not the control implementation.

Sure most games aren't very eloquent but a lot of them do create a living breathing cohesive world that you experience through the story.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo