Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 00:23 .Drifter

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 22:34:
.net_Drifter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 22:08:
RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 16:37:
Yes but they already had a over-successful Kickstarter. They are simply milking it with Early Access now.

Had they instead called it done, and released as is, then put out day one, two, three, four, etc patches, would that have been better?
I mean, it then would have been "finished" and patched as ongoing support as opposed to "early access" with regular updates until release.

No. I'd like to see them release the game when it's truly finished using the $625K from Kickstarter, and leave Early Access to the ones who really need it.

I think everyone is clear on my view if interested. Enjoy your discussion.

My take on it, and I might be wrong, is that most people buying it as early access would likely buy it at release anyway. At least that's how I am, as are most of my friends who go for early access.
That being the case, all early access becomes as I look at it is a means for a company to get the money sooner as opposed to later, and in the end since they're getting the money either way, the early or later becomes less relevant.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo