Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 06:46 vacs

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 05:48:
I hope by the end of 2015 there will be plenty of Mantle optimized titles out there, and since Nvidia is now feeling the pressure from AMD, they might even start coding their own NV-optimized API.

I doubt that nvidia is really feeling a lot of pressure because of Mantle because this latest DX12 announcement basically already means the end of Mantle.

After the Mantle announcement months ago, I was surprised that nvidia didn't react to it at all. I first thought, they were just trying to ignore Mantle but that would have been stupid for them.

They don't need to release their own low-level API, that would be a complete waste of time. Mantle is not going anywhere soon and AMD is loosing to much resources on something, which only gives them a certain advantage (whenever all the bugs are ironed out) in one single engine: Frostbite (cryengine to follow soon).

Nvidia knew that Microsoft had to react to it and the solution is DX12. Nvidia will try everything, and without any doubt will achieve in delivering the best DX12 optimized drivers by next year.

Mantle will NOT have invaded the gaming industry by 2015 but nvidia will have the best performance again by that date... and at the same time spend all those resources and API which can be used at the same time by Windows PCs, xbones and Windows phones... it's a win-win situation, there is no reason for nvidia to spend any time on Mantle or whatever other low-level API, except DX12.

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 05:48:
Competition. I'm loving it.

absolutely, competition is always good for the consumer. This is another fine example.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo