Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

12. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Mar 20, 2014, 09:08 AlexSledge

I hope they segregate into at least two major groups - content truly worthy of promotion, and "the rest". Keep the proof of concept, early access, small market "cruft" out of my visibility until I am willing to explore out of the ordinary options for my entertainment.

Quite honestly I used to check the Apple App Store fairly regularly in the early days, but once the signal to noise ratio hit a certain level I stopped looking completely. It's word of mouth apps or those brought up in special interest forums that I occasionally check out (and buy if interesting enough).

Now as to the exact criteria - it can be as something simple as sales numbers - based on to-date including pre-order numbers, or complex including sales, critics reviews, player reviews, skewed by volume of votes, paid temporary promotion and the like. If anyone, Valve sure has the metrics.

Dang, now I wonder if the metrics gathering initiatives at Valve have any surveillance industry backing, financial or otherwise. Wouldn't have thought to ask a decade ago. Won't stop me from using it, though.

I should be coding.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo