Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 17:47 NewMaxx

panbient wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 17:31:
So why would they print it on all 6 sides of the box if it was supposed to be subversive?

I would agree it's not subversive but on the other hand I've seen friends smoking cigarettes out of packs with a picture of cancerous lungs on them, so I'm not sure it really matters. Let me tell you, I know a lot of D2 players who would have called that game equally as addictive.

I don't own D3 and never plan to play it. What I can say is that anybody who supports having a portion of the game forcibly run server-side - and those who have tried to crack/emulate D3 are well aware, D3 has that - is a hypocrite if they also complain about the lack of dedicated or user servers, LAN and TCP/IP support, or anything within that vein for any other game.

To the guy saying SimCity is a poor comparison, allow me to point to the reality that both games have server-side code as a requirement. Or did, as SimCity as of patch 10 now works entirely offline. Nobody complains about MMOs having that arrangement - it's necessary - although I would say MMOs do at least allow mods to a certain extent. A game that began single-player and was largely player-run in its largest previous iteration is not the same thing whatsoever, and anybody who tries to say otherwise doesn't understand the difference between what players want and what they will merely accept.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo