Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 13:14 Undocumented Alien

I'm sorry... what? If it weren't for battle.net giving D2 a 10 year shelf life, top-down ARPG's might not even be made today outside of a web browser

I'm sorry, but there wouldn't even have been a Diablo 2 without the SP Offline mode crowd making Diablo 1 such a success. Have to be able to take the first step before the second. There were plenty of isometric games before Diablo (i.e. TSR), I don't think Diablo's success or there lack of would have killed the 3/4 view genre either way.

Yes, the B.NET option was/is great, I had Toons on their myself. However, a large amount of D2's success was still from those SP Offline mode players from D1, especially in the early years of D2.

Sure, it could have had a single player, offline mode... and then they would have sold less copies of the game.

Would have sold less copies? How do you figure that? Even with some piracy D3 would have sold shit tons of units.

You had the chance to "show your disapproval" with your money, but instead you bought this online only game anyway and just whine about it?

Well, due to consumer feedback SimCity 5 provided Offline to it's customers, so why not provide the feedback to Blizzard? Would your day be ruined if they offered it? Would you stop playing?

Yep, I paid $19.99 for it, I'm a Diablo fan, been supporting the Diablo brand from day one (both SP and B.NET), that price made sense to me for 1/2 the game, I'd be willing to pay another $19.99 for the other half. That's what I paid for PoE, I gave them $20 for their SP online only game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo