Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 12:13 descender

If it weren't for the Diablo SP offline crowd

I'm sorry... what? If it weren't for battle.net giving D2 a 10 year shelf life, top-down ARPG's might not even be made today outside of a web browser.

Why does it bother you that I want a mode that doesn't affect you in a any way?
It doesn't bother me, the constant complaining about it though...

You had the chance to "show your disapproval" with your money, but instead you bought this online only game anyway and just whine about it? Sure, it could have had a single player, offline mode... and then they would have sold less copies of the game. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Is the number of people that didn't purchase because of the lack of single player higher than the number of people that would steal a copy of the game if it didn't have this "always online DRM"? No freaking way!

The only reason there is a SP offline version of D3 for consoles is that it is very difficult to steal/copy console games. If they thought they were losing more sales (for lack of offline SP) on PC than they were directly saving in piracy numbers... don't you think they would have directly ported over that offline patch by now? My guess is that they won't release the PC offline version ever... or at least until the online population dies down again a few years after the last expansion.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2014, 12:31.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo