Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

15. Re: Blizzard Investigating Diablo III HC Character Losses Mar 19, 2014, 12:09 Undocumented Alien

The "on-line only" function is straight DRM. There. Does that make your panties unwad for 2 minutes?

Refreshing honesty at least.

Didn't they just say in an interview a few weeks ago that they never should have released an offline version of D2? Man that would ruin some people's holidays.

They released D3 Offline for Consoles, kind of negates that whole statement.

The real question is why the fuck does it bother you so much? At no point was there ever an offline mode, so it's not like you got tricked into buying it and then it wan't there.

If it weren't for the Diablo SP offline crowd we wouldn't even be talking about D2 or D3, period. D1 came out in 1996, the internet wasn't ready for "mass market" online only, Diablo would have failed in that model. D2 came out in 2000, a bit more ready for online play but still strong sales numbers from the SP offline crowd. So the Diablo series was built on the backs of the SP Offline (LAN COOP) crowd. In addition, again, it's a single player story line that can completed by a single player, it's a single player game. Diablo games have a legacy of offline SP, that's why I supported D1 & D2.

Why don't consolers want always on?
Why did SimCity (5) offer an offline mode just yesterday?

I think the answer, if your honest, should be pretty clear.

Why does it bother you that I want a mode (that's been in every Diablo game to date) that doesn't affect you in a any way? THAT doesn't make any sense.

There is no point to playing a loot generating e-peen measuring contest offline by yourself. Unless you are playing ARPG's for the... story? LOL.

Funny as Diablo 1&2 did GREAT without having a forced online only DRM. I played D 1/2 offline to build my character up, explore the levels, see what's around the next corner, beat the game, much like I do with any offline game.

So if you play Skyrim, and because it's an offline SP game, is your character building and progression not worth it because other "kewl" people can't see your loot?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo