Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 06:21 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 19:10:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 18:35:
Nice to see Wargame Red Dragon on that list.
Also Banished is doing really well, it's on the top 10 list every single week since it came out.

Yeah, I think there's a hunger for proper city-builder games.

And it's most definitely not sated by Banished.... kinda sad the genre is so dead though. I want a proper futuristic city builder, or maybe a real medieval one. Sort of like Tropico, just with a more dynamic element and much more challenge. Banished bored me to tears past 2 hour mark (played 1 game, year 30, seen everything) no idea what people find challenging about this game. It's only "difficult" because it doesn't tell you anything. And the only challenge would be to somehow max out how many citizens you can have...

The game developer says
Surviving the winters will be among your greatest challenges

And that's simply not true. Winter is easy... and boring. Which is pretty dang odd, you'd think Winter could be made to be really fierce... but here it's just a texture swap and some buildings not working.. whoooohoooo the challenge... ;p

And the economy is a joke, no product chain longer than 2 steps... challenging? For children maybe

** then again, I can see the allure.. but I want MORE Banished doesn't do it for me.. sigh, back to Anno

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2014, 06:32.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo