Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 17, 2014, 02:34 007Bistromath

shihonage wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 17:38:
007Bistromath wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 09:33:
Titanfall is a game that introduces multiple paths to victory to team deathmatch. That you somehow hadn't noticed that proves that what Trevellian said is correct, and everything you type about Titanfall is a waste of keystrokes.

I didn't mean multiple paths LITERALLY you simpleton.

Neither did I, you dullard.

In a game of Attrition, you advance your team's score by killing anything, and there are several meaningfully different ways to accomplish that goal. You can charge into the hot zones for standard run & gun, or you can stay on the periphery to farm creeps and attempt to avoid other players until your Titan comes in. Once it's in, you can jump in it to go after other Titans, or use it as a huge, noisy, dangerous decoy while you sneak around ganking pilots trying to deal with it. It is a form of TDM, goddamn TDM, of all things, that has a variety of valid tactics which a player can choose from and switch between on the fly. Of course it doesn't have deep teamplay the way a game with actual classes and objectives does, but it represents a genuinely innovative and fun evolution to shooters in the twitch paradigm. It's something I'd really like to see the industry as a whole appropriate for more nuanced purposes, and it deserves to be recognized as more than a COD clone. This isn't deep, but it's far from brainless. It made this style of shooter fun again for me, and that's a massive achievement.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo