Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 12, 2014, 15:46 LittleMe

Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 02:32:
LittleMe wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 00:48:
Beamer wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 10:12:
And someone has some control over the ebb and flow of the dollar, which is actually a good thing.

They manipulate the dollar to benefit themselves (central banks) and benefit the political elite while robbing the populace through perpetual debt and inflation. Banks get bailouts despite their own failures and we get shafted to pay for it.

You realize your first sentence and your second sentence have nothing to do with each other, right? Even if we were solely on bitcoins, those banks could still have been bailed out.

The two sentences are related. I'll explain it for you. Controlling the ebb and flow of money supply (dollars) is done through interest rate manipulation by the Fed. The artificially low interest rates was the determining factor in the real estate housing bubble because it injected a massive amount of speculative money into the system. The eventual collapse of housing bubble is the biggest factor in their action to bailout these institutions.

And you are mistaken. If we were on bitcoins or another similar crypto currency, the bailouts could not have happened because BC's have a predetermined supply and new ones can't be manufactured on a whim. If you disagree then explain how. I know there is some loose governing body that administers BC's but I don't think they can do that, but I could be mistaken. It's a voluntary currency and the market would reject such an action as long as it's voluntary. That's why we are mandated to use Dollars because no one would want them otherwise.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo