Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

85. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:18 Undocumented Alien

Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:28:
Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 17:44:
They could have easily had offline and separate online functionality without impacting it.

Isn't that kind of the point though? There were problems with offline and online Diablo 2. They couldn't easily have a separate offline functionality without having the same problems.

It comes down entirely to what a few people want and what's better for the whole of the game. They are never going to make everyone happy. Removing the AH has a lot of people upset, making gear BoA has a lot of people upset. But it's for the better of the game.

"I donít think people necessarily remember how mad they themselves were that they had an offline mode and online mode in Diablo II," Martens said.

I guess "Martens" doesn't remember that BIG dialog box that popped up warning people that if they created an offline SP character that it would not transfer over to the B.NET server. Seemed pretty clear to me, I just had characters in both modes, you know, options.

And here is ActiBlizz's reason why Consoles have an offline version of D3: Not a lot of people connect their consoles

ďI got to see it from all angles, especially having worked on console. Diablo plays best when youíre playing with other people. Because not a lot of people connect their consoles to the internet, thatís where the whole idea of having to get four people on the same couch playing together."

Really? People don't connect their XBOX's and PS3/4's to the internet? That seems like a strange statement considering that the XBone requires it, and the PS4 was also going to do it until they saw Microsoft getting their balls kicked into their brain, then smartly changed course as they saw that people in fact, want an offline option.

Even the President of Blizzard just blows hot air and basically admits D3 is always on for DRM and "other" things.

I fully understand the desire to play Diablo 3 offline

Diablo 1/2/3 all have a Single Player Driven Story that can be completed by a Single Player. It's a single player game with an always online DRM, period. COOP is completely and totally optional.

I would have LOVED to see Blizz make Diablo 1 or 2 online only, I don't believe we would even be talking about D3 right now.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo