Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

33. Re: Eidos Montreal Layoffs Mar 5, 2014, 13:51 Quinn

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:05:
Quinn wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:49:
Couldn't have said it better than the comment below. I'm right before the last chapter now and only now I know the city like the back of my hand. Before that, it was horror.
Often play games where you instantly know the map?

Not sure about you but when playing a game I don't actually know a map until having played it. Remembering more bits of it as I go along...

Smart-ass comments ftw!

Have you played THIEF? I don't know about you but its map is so utterly crap that I learned to rely on my own mindmap, if you will, instead of that utterly useless crap. And that's quite the feat, actually, because of the ridiculous maze that it is.

PS: I realize I've been bitching allot about this game lately. That's because the game can be that much frustrating at points. Let me grant the game that it's art is magnificent. The City, it's a real place, man. It's beautiful in its own special way. More often than not I've just looked around in awe, silently nodding my utmost respect and appreciation to the people who created it. If all those loading moments were gone, more people roamed the streets and if the homes you enter had people in it... It'd be perfect. Sadly, consoles couldn't handle that.

What I also realized last night, is that nostalgia is a limiting thing. Give the old Thief these graphics, and we basically have THIEF. Yes, the level design of the new THIEF is just as good. During every mission I play I'm simply intimidated by the amount of paths to take and amazed by how many layers every mission has. What I'm saying is that I think it's nostalgia that makes many of us believe the older Thiefs were that much better in every way. They weren't. They were shockingly similar. Obviously that just isn't enough anymore.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2014, 14:09.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo