Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Valve Reddit Interview Mar 5, 2014, 13:14 Creston

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:09:
I don't blame him for giving robotic answers that really don't amount to anything, because if they did, gamers would just pick apart everything he said and bash him just for the fun of it. I guess that's just the way it is now.

I agree that this is mostly just the way it is now, but I do wonder who really is more to blame for this situation: the gamers or the devs/publishers.

I'm pretty much in the camp that thinks that while there were some asshats in the past who shit on everything a dev/pub said or did, most people enjoyed the normal discourse and engaged them as human beings.

And then the lying kept getting worse and worse, and the bullshit hype machines kept getting worse and worse, and devs would just sit there and blatantly promise features A, B and C would be in their games while they knew full well none of those things were in, and is it really any wonder that gamers have just become distrusting by default, and will pick apart anything a guy says anymore? Why would you trust them?

I think Gabe is still one of the more trustworthy people in the industry, and I was still going "Hmmm...." when he gave that explanation about the VAC 'phoning home' a few weeks back.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo