Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 15:24 Verno

Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 15:18:
I find it amusing that some people still can't see the benefits of it being online only outside of it being just for DRM.

I don't really see any left at this point. The protection against hackers and dupers is dubious at best, especially at this point in the game. People tried to make some arguments about the dynamic joining but they could have easily separated game modes with a toggle to appease people. The existence of the console versions proves that and the offline functionality works very well, I've used it extensively. They're not going to patch it out now because they don't want people running private servers competing with them and so on, that's fine and the ship sailed long ago anyway. If I want offline I'll just buy a console version.

Nobody ever claimed it wasn't DRM, they just pointed out the other benefits that went along with it. PoE is online only...yet nobody ever bitches about that. Being free to play isn't a valid argument either.

I'm not digging up ancient threads to have the same tired debates again but yes, several people did claim it wasn't for DRM. I have seen people here bitch about it with regards to POE as well and POE isn't a very popular game here judging by the lack of responses in its threads so I'm not sure its really conclusive either way. Personally it didn't bug me much in Diablo 3 but the handwaving about design choices when everyone knew it was DRM was pretty silly of Blizzard.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo