Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 14:58 OpticNerve

Axis wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 14:34:
Well D3 has been plastered hardcore - every tiny scrap of info - here on BN for the last couple weeks.

Meanwhile tonight or tomorrow's news will show a blip of what a tiny ARPG company has managed with it's next 4-month league.

And frankly that's the only news worth of mention - throwing wads of $$$ from a gigantic corp with gigantic dev teams to make a 2-year game somewhat enjoyable to those who would like it if it was covered in shit sure isn't news to me.

I really, REALLY wanted to get addicted to PoE and the devs have my utmost respect with what they have done as a small studio. They really do try and to do things differently with the ARPG formula and I do think that PoE is honestly a very good game regardless of my criticisms about it.

But the thing that stuck out with me and sort of relates with your comment is that due to Blizzard throwing millions of $$$s into the game, it really does show with how slick and smooth combat is with Diablo 3 and what I didn't feel from Path of Exile. Even back when I was hating on release Diablo 3, I did notice and comment on how slick the base combat system was with the feedback, hit detection, ragdolling and even just how the mass numbers get spat out.

I really do hope that with the money that the PoE developers are making, that they'll go back and rework the combat animations and feedback since I think that it's one of the more common initial criticisms that I tend to see from people about the game.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo