Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

77. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 23:31 Jerykk

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 15:10:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 12:42:
Why is there a load-screen at every window (literally) or why are the guards so extremely retarded.... in Thief 3, if you triggered the alert state, you were pretty well on your way to a morgue unless you went full assassin and killed EVERYONE (It was actually fun playing like that, because it wasn't easy to kill every guard in the game without dieing ,p)

There aren't load screens at literally every window. Only at the windows that load other zones of the city. Most of the windows just open. The "E" mashing gets pretty tedious, though. It was tedious in the Arkham games and just as tedious here. Not sure why any designer thinks that's a good mechanic these days (or even in the past). It might be because they need to delay the window opening so that they can finish loading the room. Perhaps the mashing keeps the player busy during this process so it's less obvious..? Stupid either way. I'd rather just sit and wait for him to open the window.

As for AI, yeah, it definitely seems to have some pathing issues. Thankfully, the way I play keeps AI issues hidden since I'm not allowed to be detected and I'm not allowed to neutralize anyone. With those rules, the AI does its job well enough.

While it was hyperbole (ok, and I didn't play the game, I watched a let's play), don't you think that animation and slow button mash sequence is there to hide a loading screen? Why else would it be there, it has no gameplay reason... to me, that is like an elevator ride in mass effect 1, except you have to mash buttons for the loading bar to reach 100% (and now that I thought of that, that's how I will see every single one of these sequences in the future, wee ,p)

They are manual load-screens, haha

You're probably right. I can't think of any other reason why a designer would implement button-mashing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo