Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 2, 2014, 14:57 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 11:33:
About being whiny or not...

I think people wanted it to be:

"I can share my game library, they can then play a game from my llibrary that I am not playing". (Cool!)

That is it.

Not "They can't play any game from my library when I am playing anything at all.". (Limiting.)

So it works in the world of "I can play something from yours when you are off doing something else in life". (Again Limiting)

This. Exactly this. Two games. Two players. At the same time.

Dad logs in to his steam account. Loads Skyrim. Plays it. Son logs in to his own account five minutes later. Accesses Dad's shared games. Starts Burnout Paradise. Dad and son are playing two different games from Dad's account at the same time. Just like if they had the games on disk. Valve helped destroy the disk-based game sales. They should fix some of the benefits that came with disk-based gaming. Not saying it would be easy, but it's not like Valve doesn't have the resources to make it happen.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2014, 15:05.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo