Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 18:42 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:31:
I still have a pretty sour taste in my mouth over X-Stillbirth, but I will again give credit to Egosoft, at least they're working on it. Not just bugfixes, of which there have been hundreds (it has again been incredible just how utterly fucking USELESS Ego's testers are. And there have been complaints about the shitty shitty shitty testing they do with every single product, and yet Ego continues to use them...) but also actively changing gameplay such as the mind-numbingly boring highway 'gameplay.'

But it'll take at least another 6 months, and probably more like 12, before this is even remotely the game it was pretending to be.

:-shrug-:

Don't be so quick to blame the testers. For all we know there's a backlog of 1000 known bugs in their system that they never got to before release. Given that they released on Nov 15, obviously they were trying to make the winter buying season. So, there was a decision to push on that date, ready or not. Not sure the testers, or even the devs, had anything to do with that.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo