Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: looks pretty bad Jun 5, 2003, 19:22 shul

Larry (nice nick, btw) ,

I have read your email and frankly, I don't see your point. FPSs are almost the same thing, and you wouldn't see many people buy doom 3, unreal 2, unreal tournament 2003, duke nukem and deus ex all together, because they cost too much and differ slightly. Your argument is flawed since FPSs are games you can play in parallel, while in MMORPG you need to invest time and money to gain experience, meet new people and continue evolving. playing two or more MMORPG is nothing like playing UT2003 and doom3 at the same week.

I am happy for you that you found DAOC as your favourite game (For now), but it does not explain why there should be so many different MMORPGs directed at the same audience (which is you) - there is only a segment of the market which will play and pay for these games on a monthly bases, and this segment should be divided by a large number of MMORPG. Seeing the blizzard movie I commented on what I saw as yet another shoot / quest / level up MMORPG.

I hope this clears stuff.

shul........

edit: added some thoughts, changed some bad writing
This comment was edited on Jun 5, 19:26.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo