Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Star Citizen Schedule Feb 6, 2014, 12:41 theyarecomingforyou

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 11:19:
I have a hard time believing that will happen.
Maybe they will surprise me but I don't think they are far enough in development to hit that target.
I think the delay for the dogfighting module is understandable given the huge expectations for the game. Rushing to hit the target would have delayed the final release and if it was poorly received it would have dried up any funding (not that any more is needed) - delays are understandable and every major crowdfunded game has seen delays. Heck, even a lot of AAA games are delayed (Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metro: Last Light, etc)

The dogfighting module is basically how people will perceive the game - the persistent universe, content, FPS, economy and such all supplement the space combat. If it's not right then people will quickly lose interest. Fair or not, people expect more of the game now than when they backed the Kickstarter to hit the $500,000 target and that's a factor.

The way I see it, there are no decent space sims out there so I've got nothing to lose by backing this. It is one of my favourite genres and I'm happy to gamble on a title as promising as this. However, everything I've seen so far has been positive.

If people don't want to back it then don't - wait for the final game to be released, check out the reviews and decide whether you want it then. But clearly a lot of people have faith in this project.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo